Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #91
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 280
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
FF comрact camera?

Not this year.
But it looks like a classic dslr in K-3 Style and K mount and later a mirrorless with a new mount,but compatible with K SDM mount by converter
But it is not sure,the second camera

11-06-2013, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #92
Pentaxian
Uluru's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,400
I suspect the extra rumoured surprise for the Salon de la Photo Paris was the price of the 08 lens for the Q.
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #93
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 280
In Paris is nothing new,all is to find in the internet.
That´s it for next time.
No Converter.
But,next important point is CP+.
11-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #94
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,824
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You are very rude to Marie who doesn't deserve such comments -actually, nobody would
Now I need to know, who is Marie ? You make it sound like as if I know Marie. Surely nobody like this could ever exist.

Wait a minute, are you actually referring to the computer generated imaginary representation of a person in the ad ?

On the other hand, if this is a facsimile of a real Marie, get the incompetent graphic artist to apologise to her for disfiguring her.

Have a good day.


Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
11-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #95
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 202
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
In Paris is nothing new,all is to find in the internet.
That´s it for next time.
No Converter.
But,next important point is CP+.
Are you sure? That's disappointing...
11-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #96
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Not this year.
But it looks like a classic dslr in K-3 Style and K mount and later a mirrorless with a new mount,but compatible with K SDM mount by converter
But it is not sure,the second camera
Thanks for the encouraging words asahi man, I hope you're spot on! Now if only K-mount was de-crippled like Nikon recently did for F mount...
11-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #97
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,781
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Now I need to know, who is Marie ? You make it sound like as if I know Marie. Surely nobody like this could ever exist.

Wait a minute, are you actually referring to the computer generated imaginary representation of a person in the ad ?

On the other hand, if this is a facsimile of a real Marie, get the incompetent graphic artist to apologise to her for disfiguring her.

Have a good day.
I have already written about Marie and given a link to the making-of of the picture that has given rise to your oh so positive comments:

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Her name is Marie Piot and she is an actress before being a model -and a very nice girl indeed.

Making-of du visuel du Salon de la Photo 2013 - Vidéo Dailymotion
Since you seem to be so much fascinated by "boobies" and other feminine attributes, I strongly suggest your having a look at this video: you might consider some bits as interesting.
11-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #98
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Not this year.
But it looks like a classic dslr in K-3 Style and K mount and later a mirrorless with a new mount,but compatible with K SDM mount by converter
But it is not sure,the second camera
Well then I do want the 20-40mm DC lens, since it will be on that body a lot.

11-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #99
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
What I don't understand about the rumored Pentax FF is: Why are the lenses that they have recently released and are currenlty releasing all DA, and thus FF incompatible? If they are really serious about releasing an FF camera any time in the near future, even if two years away, why then not start introducing DFA's instead? I remain very sceptic.
11-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #100
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,424
Because first they have to rebuild APS-C (not completely, they can continue even after a FF was introduced). APS-C is by far the largest part of the DSLR market, and acts as a support for a FF line. It cannot be neglected.

Another reason would be that they cannot simply wait until the FF products are ready; they have to continue launching products.
And maybe they don't want to tip us off too strongly about the FF before they're ready to officially show it.
11-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #101
Pentaxian
Uluru's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,400
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
.. If they are really serious about releasing an FF camera any time in the near future, even if two years away, why then not start introducing DFA's instead? I remain very sceptic.

While everyone expects some form of an FF to buy, I really, really want another APS-C body that isn't a typical K-5/K-3 style DSLR. I hope I'm not alone here who wishes the same?

Either that, or some neat compact APS-C camera that has a lens other than (boring) 28mm.
11-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #102
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,535
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
She could use better support.
Many evening dresses have been ruined by a sagging décolletage...
11-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #103
Veteran Member
Louicio's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 432
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Another reason would be that they cannot simply wait until the FF products are ready; they have to continue launching products.
And maybe they don't want to tip us off too strongly about the FF before they're ready to officially show it.
Agreed, and after the launch they can use the new lens line to keep making announcements and generating hype etc. It's wrong to release the follow up items prior to the big launch announcement. If it happens, it will happen camera first.
11-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
drougge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Malmö
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 787
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Thanks for the encouraging words asahi man, I hope you're spot on! Now if only K-mount was de-crippled like Nikon recently did for F mount...
I certainly hope they de-cripple the K mount, but what we generally hope for is something Nikon has always provided on all their higher end cameras (digital or not). The pre-AI lenses supported by their new camera are more like our M42 lenses.

Still, firmware only changes to let me handle a manual K mount lens like Nikon handles pre-AI lenses on this camera would certainly be better than what we have now.
11-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #105
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
While everyone expects some form of an FF to buy, I really, really want another APS-C body that isn't a typical K-5/K-3 style DSLR. I hope I'm not alone here who wishes the same?
No you're not alone. We all like Pentax because they do APS-C very very good. I'd like something special in that genre too. Like something with a dedicated monochrome sensor, that would be awesome. I wonder when Sony is going to do that?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
paris, pentax news, pentax rumors, photo, ricoh, salon, surprises
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Full Frame reveald at Salon de la Photo in Paris? RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 39 11-09-2015 06:14 AM
Salon de la Photo RonHendriks1966 Pentax News and Rumors 40 08-25-2015 11:36 AM
Pentax at Le Salon de la Photo 2012 Nitrok Photographic Industry and Professionals 11 11-17-2012 05:08 PM
Salon de la Photo benjikan Pentax News and Rumors 17 10-03-2007 01:10 PM
Salon de la Photos, Paris? benjikan Photographic Technique 6 08-05-2007 02:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top