Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #91
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suspect the extra rumoured surprise for the Salon de la Photo Paris was the price of the 08 lens for the Q.

11-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In Paris is nothing new,all is to find in the internet.
That´s it for next time.
No Converter.
But,next important point is CP+.
11-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You are very rude to Marie who doesn't deserve such comments -actually, nobody would
Now I need to know, who is Marie ? You make it sound like as if I know Marie. Surely nobody like this could ever exist.

Wait a minute, are you actually referring to the computer generated imaginary representation of a person in the ad ?

On the other hand, if this is a facsimile of a real Marie, get the incompetent graphic artist to apologise to her for disfiguring her.

Have a good day.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
11-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #94

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
In Paris is nothing new,all is to find in the internet.
That´s it for next time.
No Converter.
But,next important point is CP+.
Are you sure? That's disappointing...

11-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not this year.
But it looks like a classic dslr in K-3 Style and K mount and later a mirrorless with a new mount,but compatible with K SDM mount by converter
But it is not sure,the second camera
Thanks for the encouraging words asahi man, I hope you're spot on! Now if only K-mount was de-crippled like Nikon recently did for F mount...
11-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Now I need to know, who is Marie ? You make it sound like as if I know Marie. Surely nobody like this could ever exist.

Wait a minute, are you actually referring to the computer generated imaginary representation of a person in the ad ?

On the other hand, if this is a facsimile of a real Marie, get the incompetent graphic artist to apologise to her for disfiguring her.

Have a good day.
I have already written about Marie and given a link to the making-of of the picture that has given rise to your oh so positive comments:

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Her name is Marie Piot and she is an actress before being a model -and a very nice girl indeed.

Making-of du visuel du Salon de la Photo 2013 - Vidéo Dailymotion
Since you seem to be so much fascinated by "boobies" and other feminine attributes, I strongly suggest your having a look at this video: you might consider some bits as interesting.
11-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #97
Banned

Not this year.
But it looks like a classic dslr in K-3 Style and K mount and later a mirrorless with a new mount,but compatible with K SDM mount by converter
But it is not sure,the second camera
Well then I do want the 20-40mm DC lens, since it will be on that body a lot.

11-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #98
Veteran Member

What I don't understand about the rumored Pentax FF is: Why are the lenses that they have recently released and are currenlty releasing all DA, and thus FF incompatible? If they are really serious about releasing an FF camera any time in the near future, even if two years away, why then not start introducing DFA's instead? I remain very sceptic.
11-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #99
Pentaxian

Because first they have to rebuild APS-C (not completely, they can continue even after a FF was introduced). APS-C is by far the largest part of the DSLR market, and acts as a support for a FF line. It cannot be neglected.

Another reason would be that they cannot simply wait until the FF products are ready; they have to continue launching products.
And maybe they don't want to tip us off too strongly about the FF before they're ready to officially show it.
11-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #100
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
.. If they are really serious about releasing an FF camera any time in the near future, even if two years away, why then not start introducing DFA's instead? I remain very sceptic.

While everyone expects some form of an FF to buy, I really, really want another APS-C body that isn't a typical K-5/K-3 style DSLR. I hope I'm not alone here who wishes the same?

Either that, or some neat compact APS-C camera that has a lens other than (boring) 28mm.
11-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
She could use better support.
Many evening dresses have been ruined by a sagging décolletage...
11-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Another reason would be that they cannot simply wait until the FF products are ready; they have to continue launching products.
And maybe they don't want to tip us off too strongly about the FF before they're ready to officially show it.
Agreed, and after the launch they can use the new lens line to keep making announcements and generating hype etc. It's wrong to release the follow up items prior to the big launch announcement. If it happens, it will happen camera first.
11-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Thanks for the encouraging words asahi man, I hope you're spot on! Now if only K-mount was de-crippled like Nikon recently did for F mount...
I certainly hope they de-cripple the K mount, but what we generally hope for is something Nikon has always provided on all their higher end cameras (digital or not). The pre-AI lenses supported by their new camera are more like our M42 lenses.

Still, firmware only changes to let me handle a manual K mount lens like Nikon handles pre-AI lenses on this camera would certainly be better than what we have now.
11-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
While everyone expects some form of an FF to buy, I really, really want another APS-C body that isn't a typical K-5/K-3 style DSLR. I hope I'm not alone here who wishes the same?
No you're not alone. We all like Pentax because they do APS-C very very good. I'd like something special in that genre too. Like something with a dedicated monochrome sensor, that would be awesome. I wonder when Sony is going to do that?
11-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
What I don't understand about the rumored Pentax FF is: Why are the lenses that they have recently released and are currenlty releasing all DA, and thus FF incompatible? If they are really serious about releasing an FF camera any time in the near future, even if two years away, why then not start introducing DFA's instead? I remain very sceptic.
Actually a good question. On the other hand, with such a camera two lenses need to be introduced: 24-70mm f2.8, 70-210mm f2.8, and revamped versions of the FA Limiteds.
The DFAs are already there, later you can add maybe a 16-24mm f2.8 zoom or some fast WA-primes.

That's all, with this you give everyone the opportunity to exploit the advantage of the bigger sensor - fast zooms (f"2" on K-3), shallow DOF (f"1.2" 31mm...).

Everything else is better supported by APS-C, larger reach, portability and affordability may not be primary goals, I think this system might gonna cost it's money.

To be truely honest: I'd go with a K-3 with 20-40 ltd instead of a retro Nik0n Df... YMMV