Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's funny, Peter - I saw the title of the thread, then I saw who started it. LOL.

April fools.

But it was all worth it, JC had me in tears laughing with all that past april fool's stuff.

04-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Peter
I saw your name then the tittle , then I knew . Still funny though .

Actually when Nikon formed the camera company , "Pentax " was one of the names they selected but decided to pick " Nikon " !!! Or was it just a wild one on April 1st , too ???

PS

Why "PENTAX" is considered a "typo" ?? You know , it has the RED line under it !!!

Tran
04-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I was just surfing the net and found some info regarding an announcement from the President of Hoya. He said a press release will be sent out later today. The announcement was on a Japanese web site for about one hour this morning before the markets opened in NYC and is now taken down. I'll keep digging and see what more I can post to confirm this further.

Just one day after closing the deal on the Pentax Hoya merger. Hoya has announced the sale of Pentax to Nikon. Nikon has plans to use the Cmos sensor and SR technology in a new line of affordable DSLR's. Lens mounts will stay the same until the end of the year when all products will be fully compatible with the Nikon lens lineup.
No, you got it wrong. Hoya will announce that Nikon has been sold to Pentax.
04-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote

Spaghetti trees: The BBC television programme Panorama ran a famous hoax in 1957, showing the Swiss harvesting spaghetti from trees. They had claimed that the despised pest the spaghetti weevil had been eradicated. A large number of people contacted the BBC wanting to know how to cultivate their own spaghetti trees. It was in fact filmed in St Albans.

yea and my dad having an italina mother was plagued at school because he had told them how it was really made and then this thing came on showing how they "grow like that" was bad day to put up with

04-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

That is a good laugh, Peter. I guess I am gullible that I was fooled instantly reading into your post.
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got fooled too... 'cause I read it on April 7...
04-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #22
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Hard to fool you james. Ah Ash, it's the gift that keeps on giving! Loved some of JC Sulivan's old stories as well.
04-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
(snip) By far the prank kings are BMW with their Annual BMW Innovations: (snip)

You missed this year's innovation, JC. In an official press release, BMW announced the "Canine Repellent Alloy Protection" system developed to stop dogs from releaving themselves against the alloy wheels of a BMW. Using the Efficient Dynamics Brake Energy Regeneration system, energy that would normally be lost during engine over-run and braking is harnessed as Rim Impulse Power and stored for future use. Whenever a dog tries to relieve itself on the wheel of a suitably-equipped BMW, a mild, mostly painless, electric shock is administered to the animal, thus deterring it from future fouling.

Of course, the acronym (C.R.A.P.) hints at the real worth of the press announcement. BMW comes out with these every April 1st and every year at least a few reporters somewhere fall for it enough to dutifully report the new innovations to the public. By the way, below is the image included with this year's press release.

stewart

Last edited by stewart_photo; 07-20-2008 at 05:14 PM.
04-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #24

Man, I can't believe this. Talk about Gullible. I saw the post just now on the 7th, didn't even think of April Fools Day.

The page was slow loading and I thought, damn EVERYBODY must be reading it, so I Googled for news on the Pentax Nikon thing and got nothing.

Then the Pentaxforums Page loaded...B#@tard.
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #25
Veteran Member

HAha I got fooled into reading it too! Wait a minute...then I saw the date as well! gosh darnit! LoL
04-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Well, I didn't get fooled into reading it. :ugh:

Oh... And you never saw this post. (Dammit!)
04-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
Pentaxian

An excerpt from the anouncement which was printed in a sub-dialect of 4th century Japanese stated:

"The new Company, which will produce cameras far surpassing Nikon's current linup will be named PentOn, in deference to Pentax's reputation for quality and Nikon's skill at marketing!"
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #28
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Mike. That's RightOn. We should come first!