Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joojoo2010 Quote
There is large RICOH building in Raisio
That's for copiers etc, no camera operations there, as far as I know.

12-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #17

Original Poster
The whole thing goes to underscore this: When you consider buying equipment, don't look just at the technical specs but also at the servicing options – the more expensive the gear, the more important. For professional work indispensable. Media writing about new gear (magazines, web) could influence manufacturers and distributors towards keeping up a good repair shop network by always asking this question in presentations and reviews.
12-04-2013, 03:36 AM   #18
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kameraten Quote
but for professionals and serious amateurs it could well be a deal breaker,
Pros are not really using Pentax.

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
On the other hand, it probably does not differ much from shipping it from one state in the US to the repair centre in another state in the US.
Incorrect. It would be akin to you, in South Africa, sending your camera to any one of a couple bordering countries, with different languages, currencies, and higher shipping charges, even if just a short distance outside the border.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Too bad sweden is not in the Euro zone.
A good thing for them.
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Too bad sweden is not in the Eurozone'???????? Hello Sweden has been part of EU
Eurozone =/= Sweden

Rather interesting to see even Europeans don't know the difference, which will be referenced on another forum I'm on.

And I'm in the DE/AT/CH covered region and the distro is a complete disaster. At least you guys might have some guarantee of service. If I buy another Pentax, I'll get it via the French or BENELUX distributor, even with higher shipping charges. It doesn't make any sense to buy anything from the German distro, even if in DE/AT/CH. Their level of service is just barely above them being closed down, so it's not going to be much of a loss. The best is watching them ignore sales emails, while playing on Facebook.
12-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Incorrect. It would be akin to you, in South Africa, sending your camera to any one of a couple bordering countries, with different languages, currencies, and higher shipping charges, even if just a short distance outside the border.
If you would have read all posts, you would have seen that I did apologize later on

12-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I say good riddance. The service in Sweden can't be worse than what JAS was doing. I had a constantly malfunctioning K200D which I had to send there three times (until I got a replacement camera from the retailer) and obviously they hadn't even bothered to test it - not to mention repairing it.
12-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
I say good riddance. The service in Sweden can't be worse than what JAS was doing. I had a constantly malfunctioning K200D which I had to send there three times (until I got a replacement camera from the retailer) and obviously they hadn't even bothered to test it - not to mention repairing it.
Kameraservice i Kungsör (the Swedish repair center, or more like tiny room in a corporation hostel) have been great both when when I and my brother used them. They must have started looking at the stuff the same day or maybe the next day as quick as they were.

"Garantireparationer utförs oftast inom 3 dagar, året runt."
"Warranty repairs is most often performed within 3 days, all year round"
http://www.kameraservice.se/service
12-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Kameraservice i Kungsör (the Swedish repair center, or more like tiny room in a corporation hostel) have been great both when when I and my brother used them. They must have started looking at the stuff the same day or maybe the next day as quick as they were.

"Garantireparationer utförs oftast inom 3 dagar, året runt."
"Warranty repairs is most often performed within 3 days, all year round"
Service - Kamera service i Kungsör AB
Kungsör may be good but that's beside the point. Closeness will always be an advantage.

Plus my experience with JAS has been overwhelmingly good. It's been necessary too because when I took up Pentax in 2008 the QC was such that as far as I remember every body and flash I got had to get serviced and some replaced under warranty. Even one lens failed, and that's the only instance when the service didn't work. The lens disappeared. It had been sent to Germany to be fixed, but it never came back. So I got a new one instead from JAS.

12-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kameraten Quote
Kungsör may be good but that's beside the point. Closeness will always be an advantage.

Plus my experience with JAS has been overwhelmingly good. It's been necessary too because when I took up Pentax in 2008 the QC was such that as far as I remember every body and flash I got had to get serviced and some replaced under warranty. Even one lens failed, and that's the only instance when the service didn't work. The lens disappeared. It had been sent to Germany to be fixed, but it never came back. So I got a new one instead from JAS.
Well at least, even with the shipping, the repairs will probably be faster than the Swedish Nikon service (if you're not one of the Nikon Pro). Pentax service seems to be faster than Canon, Sony and Nikon here, not counting the "waiting for parts" cases that all makers got.
12-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This change is a very,very disappointing surprise.
All of my DSLR´s -every single one so far - has been to service at least once. I am definitely not looking forward to the hassle of having to deal with a far-away service provider.
Right now as Pentax is introducing interesting new products it is really disappointing to see them fail with another equally important element, customer support.
I was thinking about upgrading to a K-3 right away. This change forces me to reconsider my commitment to the brand. The K-3 project is put on hold.
01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I did get my k5 back from sweden maintenance, one month and 10 days. Everything is fixed, no futher damage while shipping, so maintenance still works fine. I did send my k5 to local seller in Finland and seller did take care of all the rest. Sending by post registered with tracking number and with special care brokable service added was total 18euro to do this warranty service.

But 40 days including cristmast and new year holidays made me buy new body...cos it was needed

Only real minus is dirty sensor, maybe from changing mirror motor, so I need to clean sensor myself soon...
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Joojoo2010 Quote
...40 days...
That's unacceptable even for the least serious photographer. And if they even left the sensor dirty, it's a downright disgrace! I would send them some bitter feedback, and I would also let the importer know how things went. In fact, I think that I'll contact the importer myself and ask them if this is in fact the reality for us and we'll just have to take it.
01-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #27

40 days!

I would be very interested hear what the importer says about this situation.. so please keep us posted.
01-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #28

So, I sent them a mail last night asking about the situation. Their answer was in my mail this morning when I first checked my mails, so that's positive. Their message said basically the following:

- Pentax cameras (from Finland, Sweden and Denmark) are serviced at Kameraservice Kunsrör in Sweden
- They have done this for several years, meaning that they should have experience of servicing Pentax cameras
- So far they haven't recieved any negative feedback about the service and repairs
- No doubt that there has been less than perfect results, but nobody has informed them about such cases
- So far no info about lengthy service times, the norm has been around 10 working days including transportation
- In some cases their work/repair estimate has been stuck in the recipent's junk mail bin which has caused delays
- In some other cases the courier's package note has not gotten through e-mail for some reason
- Now they're trying to get the notifications taken care of by SMS if they have the client's mobile number

All in all: let them know of crappy service, delays and dirty sensors. It's our national way that we just take it, mumble perkele through our teeth and slam the kitchen table with a fist. And that's it. I've tried to teach myself out of that and I can tell everybody that complaining can make you feel good ;D
01-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
Veteran Member

jppp: well i have new k30 so there is no hurry really. More important for me is that maintenance do good work, looks like they have done that but its too yearly to say 100% sure. I did get my k5 yesterday and i have not use it enough yet. But work looks ok to me.

About sensor, when there is proper moment, meaning i have time, i will try brush sensor and if needed wet swabs. If result is ok as i do believe now then its not big deal. I did quicly try rocket blower yesterday but that was not enough.

But personally I will think twice before buying expensive pentax gear like k3 in this maintenance service situation. I do not feel comfortable sending/receiving my gear in normal post to other country.
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I've never waited more than a week when getting something serviced by Kameraservice. But yeah, give them feedback for sure. I've been in contact with them in person, as I live pretty close to them, a couple of times and they seem to genuinely nice and communicative.