Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2014, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #46
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
Their 85mm is pretty hard to focus for stills because of such a narrow depth of field it has , i can't help but wonder , how hard it would be in video mode where the subject may be moving.
I did a test of the 85mm F1.4 with my K-7 in video mode back in 2011.

02-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
The focus mecanisme is made in a way that rotating the focusing ring for moves the focus plane not in a exponential way like with photo lens, but in a proportional. Turning 10 degree moves the focus plane for 1m all the time, instead of moving the focus plane from 1m to 1.2, then 1.2 to 2, then 2 to 10, then 10 to infinity, for example.
It may be common on some newer cine lenses, but it is not true for all cine lenses, historically. I've used plenty that did not have a focus ring that worked this way.

The other thing they do for the Samyang cine lenses is that they move the markings for distance and aperture to the side of the lens, rather than having it on top of the lens.