Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #271
bxf
Veteran Member

Not quite sure where to ask this - there doesn't seem to be an obvious forum. Apologies if this is misplaced.

I am told that later MIJ 77mm Limiteds came with a black, rather than brown pouch. Can anyone either confirm or refute this with certainty?

Thanks.

03-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Not quite sure where to ask this - there doesn't seem to be an obvious forum. Apologies if this is misplaced.

I am told that later MIJ 77mm Limiteds came with a black, rather than brown pouch. Can anyone either confirm or refute this with certainty?

Thanks.
Don't know about the later ones but the earlier ones came with a green one. It was the 43 Limited that came original with a brown one...
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #273
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The craftsmen that made the green pouches must have retired and the dye must have been banned, hence the switch to black pouches.
03-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #274
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
The craftsmen that made the green pouches must have retired and the dye must have been banned, hence the switch to black pouches.
The green color was actually produced using lead paint, so of course it went away.

03-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #275
pid
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Don't know about the later ones but the earlier ones came with a green one. It was the 43 Limited that came original with a brown one...
and the FA 31 with a red one. Only the first silver series had couloured pouches.
03-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #276
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The green color was actually produced using lead paint, so of course it went away.
I was always under the impression that the magical fairies who added the pixie dust also painted the pouches.
03-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #277
bxf
Veteran Member

I don't know how authoritative this is, at the second paragraph:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pentax 31mm F/1.8 FA Limited Lens for Pentax and Samsung SLR Cameras

03-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Last time I ever mention something I think I read on a LIST_SERVE in 2009, no matter who ostensibly posted it. Whatever the reason,
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
FA Limiteds are out of production for 2 years.
so maybe they're selling off inventory.

[EDIT: Some members should be happy. No further posts on FF and no further posts on FA Lim. Soon I won't be posting at all. That's the Plan, anyway]

Last edited by monochrome; 03-06-2014 at 09:41 AM.
03-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #279
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
[EDIT: Some members should be happy. No further posts on FF and no further posts on FA Lim. Soon I won't be posting at all. That's the Plan, anyway]
Its just some light hearted ribbing

The factory has run out of pixie dust, Pentax is doomed!!!!
03-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #280
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Its just some light hearted ribbing

The factory has run out of pixie dust, Pentax is doomed!!!!
So's mine.

FF, sure, I'm tired of the argument (see my sig today).

FA Limiteds? I still haven't let go of my K-LBA. I'll be dead before I get around to FA Limiteds.

Quite posting altogether?

03-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #281
Banned

If the production of FA limiteds is over, then it is quite possible the prices of still available lenses will very soon raise significantly.
Grab those limiteds while you still can, because the new ones *will be quite different*, from what I hear.
Many Pentaxians will be very disappointed they didn't buy old ones in time.
03-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #282
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Many Pentaxians will be very disappointed they didn't buy old ones in time.
Anyone paying attention should have foreseen this when there was that brief FA Limited sale with the K5II/IIs introduction 18 months ago.

The new ones might not be all that different - maybe an updated lens barrel, HD coatings and QS. Maybe a focus motor.

I guess the biggest change that would upset people might be the removal of the aperture ring if that were to happen. Would that be so bad? .

There will always be lenses available second hand. After a time the prices will normalize and the market will clear. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a flood of very good (and not so good) second hand FF lenses appear on the market when a FF body is released, offered by all those people who have been buying and hoarding lenses forever, waiting for the camera to come out.

I wouldn't even be surprised to see prices of some of the harder lenses go down a bit.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-06-2014 at 03:35 PM.
03-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #283
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I guess the biggest change that would upset people might be the removal of the aperture ring if that were to happen. Would that be so bad? ..
I heard something else, which I shall not relay here in full details right now because it may be a deliberate joke, but it is a bit unnerving. Well, it depends on how we observe it.
It involves a total change of imaging attitude: FA Limiteds were made for film, obviously.
How would one make a brand new Pentax prime, but ready for a digital FF sensor without any reference to the FA limiteds? That is why I have noted that those who appreciate important milestones from the past to grab them whilst they can.
03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #284
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I heard something else, which I shall not relay here in full details right now because it may be a deliberate joke, but it is a bit unnerving. Well, it depends on how we observe it.
It involves a total change of imaging attitude: FA Limiteds were made for film, obviously.
How would one make a brand new Pentax prime, but ready for a digital FF sensor without any reference to the FA limiteds? That is why I have noted that those who appreciate important milestones from the past to grab them whilst they can.
In that case they wouldn't be updates - rather they would be discontinued, followed by new lens introductions. [EDIT: But I don't believe very much will change at all.]

I won't be surprised if such happens to the FA35/2 and FA50/1.4 given what just happened to the FA20~35.

And there's always this . . .
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
I think we will see a drive like this in the new Pro* Line,maybe end of 2014.
Pro* Line?

Last edited by monochrome; 03-06-2014 at 05:19 PM.
03-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #285
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe, as others do, that tne update will be nothing more than DA or "HD", coating.