Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CES 2014 and CP+ 2014

Anyone attending those two shows? Or just one of them?
Any chance for an interview with Ricoh Imaging representatives organised?

01-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Anyone attending those two shows? Or just one of them?
Any chance for an interview with Ricoh Imaging representatives organised?
We'll be interviewing at CP+ as usual. Hopefully they have more than just a couple of compacts this year, though something's telling me that the big news won't be out till Photokina.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We'll be interviewing at CP+ as usual. Hopefully they have more than just a couple of compacts this year, though something's telling me that the big news won't be out till Photokina.
Hoping for at least something behind glass (e.g. new 645D)!
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Is Photokina the one where they've reserved a real room as opposed to the broom closet between the bathrooms?

01-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Nope. At Photokina they don't have a "room" but a proper (albeit not very large) stand, and a closed area for more important talks. I'm not sure if they still have that excellent strawberry cocktail. I'm looking forward to see how they'll manage this year.
And IIRC at that show (CES 2012) they had a proper stand somewhere else (but showing the toilet door was far more interesting, and PentaxIsDoomed-esque).
01-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Pentax are displaying one of my images at CES2014 so I hope it doesn't end up in a broom cupboard, or a toilet.
01-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Is Photokina the one where they've reserved a real room as opposed to the broom closet between the bathrooms?
At CES 2014 Ricoh Imaging has a proper booth in Central Hall (#14837) as well as a proper Conference Room (C204) adjacent to the concessions. You can locate it on the CES map on the website (I'm posting from a tablet and liinking is a pain).

I'm certain they worked hard planning for this event - have been since well before Thanksgiving.

01-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam, so would it be reasonable to assume that "if" Ricoh is going to offer a new teleconverter and a new longer zoom lens that we will have to wait until September to hear about it??

Thanks, Bob
01-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Adam, so would it be reasonable to assume that "if" Ricoh is going to offer a new teleconverter and a new longer zoom lens that we will have to wait until September to hear about it??

Thanks, Bob
No idea, but both have been on the roadmap for a while so I'd expect them to be out sooner rather than later!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pls pls, grill them on the FF. (and don't let them laugh on it)
01-07-2014, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

But wait for tea time before asking
01-07-2014, 01:48 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
But wait for tea time before asking
Certainly after they have give the souvenir Pentax pen and cap.
01-07-2014, 01:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Let them drink their tea first and educate them that tea contains caffeine, just like coffee.. So wake the hell up and clear up their remaining half-assed product lines; Pentax, small, compact, excellent IQ, adventurous!
But why the stupid update in HD coating and rounded aperture blades for their DA Ltds? Did they ACTUALLY tests it out first to see the real benefits before launching it and increasing the price? Can they slap on the WR already and stop milking us please? It's simply too obvious..
01-07-2014, 03:17 AM   #14

While funny anecdotes, it also shows that you have to observe some etiquette while interviewing them. I hope you guys have a solid plan on how to proceed to obtain more than smiles and elusive answers.
01-07-2014, 05:07 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mazhe Quote
(...)
I hope you guys have a solid plan on how to proceed to obtain more than smiles and elusive answers.
Bring a goat and coarse salt .