Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Interesting, if this is the case, then wouldnt it be possible to make a Pentax APS-C camera but with a FF mirror since the lens mount is FF, and get brighter viewfinder? or are they arleady doing that. And if the mirror is FF, the lenses cover more than APS-C then should it be a big probelm to get 100% of the APS-C FOV in the VF. if its like taking a FF VF and then just cropping it down to 1.5x then why make it smaller so u dont get 100%.

Heh am sure its not so easy. Actually I wasnt sure 100% was possible with APS-C but then came the D300 and now I want to too

Id love FF, actually the ISO performance of k20d seems fine to me, I stick to lower ISO. I want the more shallow DOF, especially with f2.8 zooms, and the big VF.
Yes you could easily make an APS camera with a bigger mirror, except for the obvious issue that it would then be as big as a FF camera. Not that this would be a problem of course if thats what you really wanted.

The number of times I needed less DOF in the last year I can count on one hand. However the number of times I appreciated having MORE DOF at a wider aperture to enable a faster shutter and sharper focus during indoor shooting I dont have enough digits to count.....

04-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
Yes you could easily make an APS camera with a bigger mirror, except for the obvious issue that it would then be as big as a FF camera. Not that this would be a problem of course if thats what you really wanted.

The number of times I needed less DOF in the last year I can count on one hand. However the number of times I appreciated having MORE DOF at a wider aperture to enable a faster shutter and sharper focus during indoor shooting I dont have enough digits to count.....

Hey Steve...still expecting to see you in Paris on Wednesday...ooopppsss sorry for intruding here on this post.

Sorry
04-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Hey Steve...still expecting to see you in Paris on Wednesday...ooopppsss sorry for intruding here on this post.

Sorry
Ben will see you in Paris real soon, but probably for social reasons
04-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
Same here. That's the #1 reason why a 24x36mm sensor does not appeal to me all that much. I'd have to stop it down more, and then bump the ISO up to maintain the same shutter speed, and poof! there goes the noise advantage...

04-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #65
Veteran Member

"Samasung"? However, if they build a FF-DSLR with KAF2-mount, who cares about the name?
04-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
"Samasung"? However, if they build a FF-DSLR with KAF2-mount, who cares about the name?
Here Here! Not that I wouldn't prefer it to be a Pentax, but if a FF with a PK mount came with a different label, I wouldn't be complaining...
04-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #67
Veteran Member

My mentor has a nephew who's a director of something something for Pentax. He let slip that a 24MP (FF?) Pentax camera is in the works, and that it will be released or announced soon... dunno if this is the 645D, or maybe something else... let's just wait and see... (Maybe the upcoming K1000D that's currently in production is FF? wishful thinking...)
04-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
My mentor has a nephew who's a director of something something for Pentax. He let slip that a 24MP (FF?) Pentax camera is in the works, and that it will be released or announced soon
Is it safe enough information to be quoted here? Anything to make this info more credible?

Anyway, a 24MP-30MP sensor is exactly what rumors quote Samsung is doing right now (FF sensor with the current 5 micron technology). So, no 645 here...

05-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Well, it was my mentor and his nephew who was talking, I just eavesdropped when the word full frame was mentioned... that was all I heard really. I'll try to milk some more info from my mentor (he's a Nikonak so he won't be under NDA)
05-01-2008, 02:59 AM   #70

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Anyway, a 24MP-30MP sensor is exactly what rumors quote Samsung is doing right now (FF sensor with the current 5 micron technology). So, no 645 here...
Regardless of what Samsung are working on, Pentax, (John C if I remember correctly), has maintained that they are free to use sensor tech from any manufacturer in the future. I wouldn't rule out the Sony 24.8mp sensor as an option for an upcoming Pentax FF DSLR.

bazz.