01-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #46

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Yes, it's on their lens roadmap.
Thanks! I just found the roadmap.

01-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If your confidence level can be discerned down to the very percent, how are you still uncertain at all?
01-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #48

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
If your confidence level can be discerned down to the very percent, how are you still uncertain at all?
Good point.

Looking at the RP's lens roadmap, I have a feeling that someone just fakes the rumors based on the roadmap.
Perhaps I shouldn't get too excited...
01-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If the nomenclature is correct and it isn't groundbreaking in some form it is a waste of the 'L' designation. But then, so was the MX-1.
Just the same, it would be nice for some of us older folk, at least, to have the option of chrome-plated brass top and bottom plates, rather than these rather vulnerable silver paint models we currently have, even if the internals are much the same as the current models. Mind you, a few more direct access controls would be nice, too, without overdoing the styling, as Nikon has done with the Df, IMHO.

01-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #50

where is the road map? I still see no 135-380 zoom on their road map
01-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #51

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theosophy Quote
where is the road map? I still see no 135-380 zoom on their road map
The latest (I believe):

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf
01-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #52

Photos: Albums
I'm anxious to see what's announced. I would be all over 10-30 and 135-380 if they are both DC WR.

01-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #53
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by V.rider Quote
I'm anxious to see what's announced. I would be all over 10-30 and 135-380 if they are both DC WR.
There are no rumours or any info about the wide-angle zoom.
It is charted, yes, but all rumours so far revealed info about two other lenses and the TC.
I’m also very interested to see what will wide-angle zoom be like. On one I’m certain — it will be a HD coated lens.
01-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like to see them introduce a 250-600mm zoom to pair with the 60-250mm

Michael
01-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #55
Veteran Member

I'm getting on a bit, but I don't hanker after the multi-dial retro look that appears to be capturing many people's imaginations these days. The new Fujifilm certainly looks attractive, but I personally find my K-3 and K-5s with their contoured grips much more comfortable to hold and use than my truly retro film cameras, especially now that most lenses do not have aperture controls on them. That said, I wouldn't refrain from buying a "retro" design camera if its specifications were what I was looking for. We live in interesting times.
01-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #56
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I'm getting on a bit, but I don't hanker after the multi-dial retro look that appears to be capturing many people's imaginations these days. The new Fujifilm certainly looks attractive, but I personally find my K-3 and K-5s with their contoured grips much more comfortable to hold and use than my truly retro film cameras, especially now that most lenses do not have aperture controls on them. That said, I wouldn't refrain from buying a "retro" design camera if its specifications were what I was looking for. We live in interesting times.
I totally agree. Pentax has gone over the clumsiness of manual dials long ago.

For example, Pentax TAv mode would be a nightmare to implement on a fully manual top plate with knobs that Fujifilm T1 has. See how Nikon’s implementation of knobs also makes no sense, as what you see on knobs is not necessary what a camera should do. It confuses the hell out of user and then ultimately, serves no purpose. At least an unobtrusive LCD on top tells the whole truth with no lies in one glance. All without clutter.

I personally hate the very thought of a knobbed top plate because for Pentax shooting philosophy, it would be two steps back.
01-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #57
Veteran Member

To add to what I said above: the received knowledge on some forums is that the retro design appeals more to the "older person nostalgic for the film cameras of yesterday". I'm not sure how true this is. I'm in my late 60's and my hands are becoming a little arthritic, so I appreciate the nice fat camera bodies with their sculptured grips, especially when there's a big lens mounted. Also, my eyes are nowhere near as good as in my younger day, so the idea of manual focussing with older lenses holds few attractions for me. I grant you that I like the look of the Fuji, but I don't think it holds a lot of attraction for me in any practical sense.
01-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #58

The Pentax K-L sounds like what I have been waiting for, to be fair. That said, why would Pentax make it out of "plastic"?
01-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #59
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
There are no rumours or any info about the wide-angle zoom.
It is charted, yes, but all rumours so far revealed info about two other lenses and the TC.
I’m also very interested to see what will wide-angle zoom be like. On one I’m certain — it will be a HD coated lens.
And even on the chart it appears to be more a 12-28ish than a 10-30 (if the lines representing focal length are accurate).
01-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
It doesn't have to be expensive. Tamron's 150-600mm f5-6.3 is under $1100 and the results I'm seeing online (until my backordered copy arrives) are very acceptable.

M
Of course it's a 3rd party lens. Take the same lens with OEM tag on it and it takes AT LEAST 50% margin on top.