Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2014, 06:47 AM   #76

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Well I guess that an 18-70 lens with DC & WR 2.8-4.5 would basically be a straight replacement of the 18-70 f/4 SDM. Which is OK but many people were hoping this lens would actually replace the 16-50 DA*
I'm believe in that to. But they should try to keep the 17mm setting of the 17-70 f4 SDM. Many people were wishing that the 17-70 was sealed and with a better AF drive, so this will likelly to be adressed with the rumoured 18-70.

But IMHO, the DA* 16-50 will be replaced by something in the same league, but with better mechanical design as well as a better af drive and optics. (anyone have ever had zoom ring problems? The mechanical implementation on that lens is one of the worst i have ever seen im my life. To fragile. Wonder why not manny people had problems with that)

By the way, mine 16-50 doesn't have SDM issues so far. And have been bought in april-2012. Fingers crossed

01-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #77
Pentaxian

How come no one speculate another Q? :-D
01-29-2014, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Is plastic retro?
I thought the Pentax MZ-5n (ZX-5n in the Americas) was quite retro (and also very plasticky), but I liked its controls to death. A digital version of that is my dream camera.

01-29-2014, 07:05 AM   #79

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I thought the Pentax MZ-5n (ZX-5n in the Americas) was quite retro (and also very plasticky), but I liked its controls to death. A digital version of that is my dream camera.
Asahiflex, I am glad more experianced Pentaxians are around to help noobs (only ever had digital Pentax's) like me! I would definitely be interested in a K mount digital camera that followed that MZ-5n form factor. Especially if it was considerably smaller than the K-5/K-3. And that looks fine in plastic. To be fair, as long as it was weather sealed with metal chassis, plastic would be just fine with me.

01-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
How come no one speculate another Q? :-D
I have a Q and it can be fun sometimes, but I just can't get the IQ out of it that I would like.
01-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sgtsween Quote
I would definitely be interested in a K mount digital camera that followed that MZ-5n form factor. .
But the ergonomics of that camera was based on aperture control on the lens. With DA lenses, you'll need a thumb wheel like a current camera.
01-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #82

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
I'm wondering now if this KL will essentially be the Pentax rendition of Nikon's Df, in much the same way that the Ricoh GR mimics the Coolpix A.
What an ignorant, unwarranted slur against Ricoh. Disgusting.

The GR mimics only earlier GRs.

01-29-2014, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam G Quote
What an ignorant, unwarranted slur against Ricoh. Disgusting.

The GR mimics only earlier GRs.
And what a rude comment you just did... there are nicer ways to correct his mistakes...
01-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I detected sarcasm, which doesn't always work in an international forum.
01-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I did like that cam, i did use it long time until few years ago mirror did get stuck. It was nice looking retro style yes, lightweight and small size too. But as I personally see those retro bodies, I not want them back, they are old desing and not same level with modern bodies if think about how good new bodies are to use. I have long history with pentax and as I seethings new pentax bodies are getting better and better all time including userinterface. But that size and weight for FF is nice yes...even i was not happy at all with that tiny grip.
01-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can you control the aperture electronically with that camera? I am not familiar with it.

I personally like having dual control wheels and some buttons. A lot has to do with how comfortable you are with current lay out I suppose, but it feels like the K3 is a pretty refined interface where any setting is easily changeable with one button push and dial spin -- maximum.
01-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #87

i dont belive pentax maintein two model of metering and two models of focus sensor
01-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I detected sarcasm, which doesn't always work in an international forum.
I prefer to buy only from companies who refuses to reuse previous competent designs, reinventing the wheel and desperately trying not to copy themselves at every step.

Regarding a classic interface: as soon as you add "retro" stuff, things will stop working. User modes, Hyper Program/Hyper manual, reassigning settings between e-dials... It might look cool, but it's a step backwards.
I'd rather have a K-3-like interface.
01-29-2014, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
And what a rude comment you just did... there are nicer ways to correct his mistakes...
Not happening.

His implication was that Ricoh's strategy is wholly and solely to ape their competitors and produce inferior but cheap "me too" products. Demonstrably false, but that's not the point.

This is no innocent mistake. This is malicious.

Malicious people get called out.
01-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Look, if this is sarcasm, then it is/was lost on most people IMO. If it's not then please leave.