Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Underwater for a few years

Saw this on Yahoo news:
Fisherman reels in camera with working memory card filled with 5 years of photos | Odd News - Yahoo News

01-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great! Those old Optio W's were sturdy things. My W10 is still waterproof, it went to the beaches of the salty Mediterranean sea for the eighth year last summer. I followed the manual and let it have a service with seals replacements after two years, but haven't done it a second time. I like the "understatement design" of W10 and W20 better than the new WG cameras with their "HELLO!!! I'M TOUGH!!!" design.
01-31-2014, 07:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
Waterproof in the extreme

I never owned either of the W cameras but owned a 90WR (film) camera yeas ago. I used it regularly to pound loose nails back into our leaky rowboat when not taking photos. I do like my WG3 (all black, no Barbie purple or GI Joe orange for me, thank you) very much despite it's carbon dog-bone appearance; At least it doesn't resemble a tub toy as some others do. Its taken a fair amount of abuse and misuse.One would think however, that in this day of warnings about everything plastered on every item sold there would be something on these cameras saying they aren't buoyant. It would be nice to see a rugged compact APS-C sensor type with RAW capabilities from Pentax.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX WG-3  Photo 
01-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JayGeePhoto Quote
It would be nice to see a rugged compact APS-C sensor type with RAW capabilities from Pentax.
Indeed! Otherwise, my next underwater camera may be the Nikon 1 AW1!

01-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Already posted. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/2...-campaign.html
Closed Thread