Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think this contest rubs some people the wrong way because it feels like a twist variant of a popularity contest. It's junior high and high school all over again. Extroverts win. Introverts lose.

Look at the silver lining here though. We all care about the forums enough to come out and make our voices heard. If we didn't care then the silence would be painfully loud.

02-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #62
Site Supporter

My natural inclination is introversion, and I have the tests to prove it, however spending a number of years in the customer contact center of the company I work for, and now on a team that implements new contact centers within the company worldwide I've learned to fake extroversion for 8 hours at a time.
02-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #63
Veteran Member

If the desired effect was to raise the overall forum posting count then this contest is working. The forum seems very busy now! Not a bad thing necessarily.
02-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #64
Veteran Member

I want so much of this stuff.. but I could never post as much as those top people!!

02-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #65
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ausmoose Quote
I want so much of this stuff.. but I could never post as much as those top people!!
Honestly, this has simply encouraged me to participate in the forum as a whole rather than just reading the lens database and posting in one social thread.I'm reading more of the forum and looking at more pictures. And WOW! Some of you folks are great!
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Honestly, this has simply encouraged me to participate in the forum as a whole rather than just reading the lens database and posting in one social thread.I'm reading more of the forum and looking at more pictures. And WOW! Some of you folks are great!
Yep, although I usually just look at the photos, notice how amazing they are, but don't post every single time I see a great photo. As is clear as you've got many more posts than me but we started in the same month!
02-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Catscradle Quote
Well I'm retired, or a "pensioner" as you would say, but I doubt I'll win any prizes, I just don't have enough to say. Besides I'm a relative noob to digital photography and nobody is likely to be "liking" my posts.
Just ask a lot of questions...

02-01-2014, 11:35 PM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

I care not for your Likes and your Posts, you can pry my K-01 from my cold, dead hands, be it with 35,40, or 50mm lens!!

(Pref the 35 Adam, has 50 and 24 already )
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #69
Banned

In need of another memory card !! Got one that don't work anymore !! :-(
02-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #70
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by techno57 Quote
In need of another memory card !! Got one that don't work anymore !! :-(
Well we've got 8 of those, and they're all still available. Our Day 1 winner was just announced. On to day 2!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-02-2014, 02:55 AM   #71

Give away

Include me out. I live in the UK so no chance of winning.
02-02-2014, 05:40 AM   #72
BoW

Exciting, good luck everyone.
02-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #73
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
You are either talking about macro (which is basically focusing close, blurring out the unwanted stuff to isolate the subject and magnifying your subject) or HDR, whcih combines multiple exposures that are both less and more exposed to give much more dynamic range. For the first you will be best off with a macro lens, and second, you may have that feature in camera, if not use exposure bracketing and then combine those in photoshop, but use a tripod to do so.
To Voice of Reason. Yes I am using the Macro lense onmy Pentax K5 digital slr. I do have a tripod and can attempt that using Corel but am very interested if I can do it in camera - how wouldI do that? Is there a setting for that? thank you for your help. Is the technique called "bracketing"? thank you for knowing what I am talking about.
sandy
02-02-2014, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #74
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sandysnyders Quote
To Voice of Reason. Yes I am using the Macro lense onmy Pentax K5 digital slr. I do have a tripod and can attempt that using Corel but am very interested if I can do it in camera - how wouldI do that? Is there a setting for that? thank you for your help. Is the technique called "bracketing"? thank you for knowing what I am talking about.
sandy
Okay, Macro isn't something you do in camera or in post processing, it has to do with the lens itself. Basically you want a lens that says "Macro" on it for the best effect, but you can achieve a pseudo macro effect by focusing in on something with the aperture set open more, and then getting closer to it (in the case if you're using the kit 18-55 within a foot) and focusing on the subject, in this case a flower. Macro is pretty much all the lens and how you focus.

For HDR, which is a completely different thing, you can go into the menu on your K5 and let ti do in camera HDR. You can only do it when shooting jpg only, so I generally don't do it that way. Still, if you do it in camera go into the menu, set it to jpeg only with the highest quality, and then go into another part of the menu and turn on HDR and set it how you want it. This is all in the manual, but also easily found just by messing with the menu. Then set the camera on a tripod and do a 2 second delay after you've got your shot framed, and the camera will take 3 or more pictures depending on how you set it.

You can also do it with RAW format stuff by turning on exposure bracketing, and set how many you want, then do it again on a 2 second delay and on a tripod, but it takes more work in photochop to do it, though I think you generally get better results.
02-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #75
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The official time is shown here:
February Giveaway Tracker - PentaxForums.com
I am in Mountain time at the moment, 9:06 am. And I see the winner for today is already posted.

?????