Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #181

Photos: Albums
I think it's okay to have this contest, at least it encourages people to participate in the forum. I've always been wanting that 40mm XS! I love that lens

02-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #182
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bvg Quote
So the best flooders, spamers and trolls of the forum will get prices?
A troll is somebody who makes inflammatory, non contributory posts just to agitate or sir things up, right?

Just asking..........
02-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #183
Banned

Was directed here , from a friend who mentioned a contest.Humm, seems like these Dansamy, 2photos and Racer x 69 blokes has already earned all of the grand prizes. might as well not even try.
02-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #184
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, that's probably best since:
A: You don't have an understanding of the rules. (The grand prizes haven't been awarded yet.)
B: You are actually another forum member who has registered a second account, in violation of forum rules, so you could further express your discontent with the contest. (See my post above regarding trolls.)

02-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #185
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Well, that's probably best since:
A: You don't have an understanding of the rules. (The grand prizes haven't been awarded yet.)
B: You are actually another forum member who has registered a second account, in violation of forum rules, so you could further express your discontent with the contest. (See my post above regarding trolls.)
This is in fact a 2nd account by a member.
02-08-2014, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #186
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentanarian Quote
Was directed here , from a friend who mentioned a contest.Humm, seems like these Dansamy, 2photos and Racer x 69 blokes has already earned all of the grand prizes. might as well not even try.
I resent being referred to as a "bloke"!
02-08-2014, 08:16 AM - 2 Likes   #187
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentanarian Quote
Dang.

You didn't last long here.

Oh, and Amy is a blokette, not a bloke!

02-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #188
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Dang.

You didn't last long here.
Almost 15 minutes!
Under his original user name he's still around........................ For now.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.
02-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #189
Veteran Member

I'm kind of confused - I've received 3 likes today and yet in the contest it says I've not got any. Do the likes have to be on posts I've made today?
02-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #190
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ausmoose Quote
I'm kind of confused - I've received 3 likes today and yet in the contest it says I've not got any. Do the likes have to be on posts I've made today?
Yes, that's how it's set up at the moment.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2014, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #191
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As of today we're out of 32Gb SD cards for prizes. Still have 16Gb cards however!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #192
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Multiple Likes from the same member only count as one like (each day)
You must have at least 1 Like for every 5 posts in order to be awarded points for any post

Somewhere is also says that a like for a post prior to the current day does not count in the daily score calculation, but I can't find it now.

Oh, here it is:

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FYI I've just patched an issue with the giveaway standing page. Earlier this morning it was counting today's likes of yesterday's posts toward yesterday's standings, which shouldn't be the case. Only likes made on the same day count for posts made on that day.

The originally-announced winner (dansamy) was correct.

At the moment?
02-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #193
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
At the moment?
Meaning when Amy finds the next loophole in the algorithm, tests it & then PMs Adam, it's subject to change!

Not really!

But the rules do say that the contest rules are subject to change. Meaning that if there's a way to manipulate the contest to skew it unfairly, it can be changed to fix that.
02-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #194
Veteran Member

Ok, cool. Just wasn't too sure.

---------- Post added 02-09-14 at 12:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I resent being referred to as a "bloke"!
Me too, maybe there should be somewhere we can have 'gender' on our bit on the sides of our posts (e.g. under 'location').
02-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #195
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Meaning when Amy finds the next loophole in the algorithm, tests it & then PMs Adam, it's subject to change!

Not really!

But the rules do say that the contest rules are subject to change. Meaning that if there's a way to manipulate the contest to skew it unfairly, it can be changed to fix that.

Me too, maybe there should be somewhere we can have 'gender' on our bit on the sides of our posts (e.g. under 'location').
So long as there is a choice for "Undecided" or "Choose Not To Respond".