Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 164 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 07:17 AM - 2 Likes   #211
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't quite understand all the whining on the contest. To be a daily winner you need to post a lot - but you can't get there without picking up a few likes. That means you need to either make meaningful contributions and/or post images that people enjoy. That would see to be a reasonable goal so I'm not going to argue with the contest rules. Heck, on some days to make it into the top 12 you need to pick up a like or two. So the winners tend to reflect those who make at least some useful input to the forums. And if you don't win anything does it really matter? Have the forums gotten that much worse with all the extra posting? I'm just grateful all the extra traffic has hidden the persistent griping about FF/Canikons/DxO/...

02-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #212

Could always use more lenses!

Cool contest and great prizes! Could always use more lenses. Though any prize would be nice!
02-10-2014, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #213
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rjm623 Quote
Cool contest and great prizes! Could always use more lenses. Though any prize would be nice!
Yeah , and they should give a K3 among all us , forum users !!!
02-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #214
Site Supporter

They did give away 2 k-50s a couple months back.

02-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #215
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by techno57 Quote
Yeah , and they should give a K3 among all us , forum users !!!
A K-3 giveaway would be nice. Would just need a suggestion on how we should set it up to benefit the forum & the users.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #216
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
They did give away 2 k-50s a couple months back.
They did?
02-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #217
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
They did?
Yup we did haha.
Pentax K-50 Double Giveaway - PentaxForums News - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #218
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A K-3 giveaway would be nice. Would just need a suggestion on how we should set it up to benefit the forum & the users.
Great - we now have a contest within a contest. And here I was pretty happy about the forums before you started giving oodles of stuff away
02-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #219
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh yeah, I remember now. The FaceBookTwitterMySpaceHastagTweet thing was out of my league.
02-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #220
mee
Veteran Member

For a current flagship body, I'd run an actual photography contest.. winner of the contest gets the K-3. Since winning such is a pretty big deal imo.

But I would rather there also be a totally entirely completely random prize (WG3, MX-1, 35mm DAL, Adorama GC, Forum Supporter time, etc) for 1-many people who VOTE in the photography contest. This will encourage people to get into the Photos section of the site and peruse (and perhaps setup their own photo album).

I'd also strongly suggest the winner of the photography contest is out of winning the random voter giveaway; We should make prize winning as wide and to as many people as possible instead of a select few gobbling up most of the prizes (such as in the current contest).
02-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
For a current flagship body, I'd run an actual photography contest.. winner of the contest gets the K-3. Since winning such is a pretty big deal imo.

But I would rather there also be a totally entirely completely random prize (WG3, MX-1, 35mm DAL, Adorama GC, Forum Supporter time, etc) for 1-many people who VOTE in the photography contest. This will encourage people to get into the Photos section of the site and peruse (and perhaps setup their own photo album).

I'd also strongly suggest the winner of the photography contest is out of winning the random voter giveaway; We should make prize winning as wide and to as many people as possible instead of a select few gobbling up most of the prizes (such as in the current contest).

I dont see it as a few gobbling up all the prizes, there are still many days left in February, get in and get involved, it isnt difficult. I think if you do a photo contest for a K-3 it should be a bracket system and you would have different rounds to go through. A prize like that, I feel would need an intricate contest.
02-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #222
Banned

I dream of winning a DA 10-17mm fish lens !! I'm putting money aside to buy one , but I cannot always or rarely put that money aside !! loll
02-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #223
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I dont see it as a few gobbling up all the prizes, there are still many days left in February, get in and get involved, it isnt difficult. I think if you do a photo contest for a K-3 it should be a bracket system and you would have different rounds to go through. A prize like that, I feel would need an intricate contest.
1 person getting more than 1 prize means another person gets nothing.

I'd rather see more people get the warm fuzzies than a few. Maybe you just like to see one? I'm not even largely interested in the contest since I own the lenses already.. only providing what I feel would make more sense for the audience at large.
02-10-2014, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #224
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by techno57 Quote
I dream of winning a DA 10-17mm fish lens !! I'm putting money aside to buy one , but I cannot always or rarely put that money aside !! loll
Great lens, have one myself.
02-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #225
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Great lens, have one myself.
You 're a lucky one !! Do you have sample pictures to show us , taken with this lens ??