Whew. What a relief!

02-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #317
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Whew. What a relief!
Yeah, people always say I'm such a Clown!
02-15-2014, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #318
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, I use Homer as an avatar only because an Archie Bunker one would hit WAY too close to home, personality wise.
02-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #319
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, Mrs. Racer might get mad, but here is a shot of her by the lake last summer.

02-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #320
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL. Last Halloween my wife and I were invited to a "come as a flower" costume party.
She had to dress as a dried arrangement.

(If she ever reads this forum I'm dead.)
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #321
Banned

Doctor told her to take iron..... loll
02-15-2014, 10:18 PM - 1 Like   #322
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I use Homer as an avatar only because an Archie Bunker one would hit WAY too close to home, personality wise.
Only personality wise? And do you have a favorite seat?

02-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #323
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Only personality wise? And do you have a favorite seat?
Absolutely. The only one I won't throw out of it is my cat.
02-16-2014, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #324

Not sour grapes but has anyone else noticed that the same people have won 2 or 3 times?
02-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #325
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
There's no way I can compete for I can not come up with enough relevant content. It was hard, but I did get one raffle entry, and that's all I need.
02-16-2014, 11:10 AM - 3 Likes   #326
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scotiaphotographic Quote
Not sour grapes but has anyone else noticed that the same people have won 2 or 3 times?
The contest limits winner to 3 overall wins. A couple of people are trying to be in the top 12 every day as the person with the most raffle tickets wins one of the grand prizes automatically. Some end up in the top 12 just because they had an active day an may end up winning. As I noted before, you can't win without getting one or more likes, and that requires posting good content or images. If you weren't offering sour grapes, why did you bother to make this observation?

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
There's no way I can compete for I can not come up with enough relevant content. It was hard, but I did get one raffle entry, and that's all I need.
Any relevant content is great. Pre-contest, people could post images and maybe get one or two comments if they weren't stunning images. Now, there is a lot more back and forth with the comments. Some are just pats on the back, but at the end of the day, for the most part the contest is building a stronger online community which I can only hope will continue post contest.
02-16-2014, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #327
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The contest limits winner to 3 overall wins. A couple of people are trying to be in the top 12 every day as the person with the most raffle tickets wins one of the grand prizes automatically. Some end up in the top 12 just because they had an active day an may end up winning. As I noted before, you can't win without getting one or more likes, and that requires posting good content or images. If you weren't offering sour grapes, why did you bother to make this observation?

Any relevant content is great. Pre-contest, people could post images and maybe get one or two comments if they weren't stunning images. Now, there is a lot more back and forth with the comments. Some are just pats on the back, but at the end of the day, for the most part the contest is building a stronger online community which I can only hope will continue post contest.
+1 on that. Good observations and points.
02-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #328
Site Supporter

Whew. What a relief!
Yup! Almost didn't get my daily ticket. I'd have been pretty cranky if I hadn't.
02-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #329
Pentaxian

The additional comments being made benefit the poster towards winning the contest and often the give and take are totally off topic from the thread subject. I have been giving out more likes to reward the good posts instead of a "nice shot" comment. I can't wait for March to arrive and the spamfest to end.

Tim
02-17-2014, 11:58 AM - 2 Likes   #330
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums