Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #376
Site Supporter

Since I chose the 40mm, which lens did each of the other winners receive?

03-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #377
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Since I chose the 40mm, which lens did each of the other winners receive?
I chose the 35.
03-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #378
Site Supporter

Which leaves Kerrowdown with the 50mm, which I think it's what he wanted anyway.
03-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #379
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, he had only one fifty, poor boy... I mean, who would want to have just the A 50/1.2? His Lady (whichever one it is) needs some company.

03-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #380
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yes, he had only one fifty, poor boy... I mean, who would want to have just the A 50/1.2? His Lady (whichever one it is) needs some company.
Well, I only have one 50mm too! But it is the same one as the one given out in this contest.
03-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #381
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I only have one 50mm too! But it is the same one as the one given out in this contest.
But then you need more fifties!

Yeah, I have both the 50/1.8 and the 35/2.4 too, and since I knew you would take the 40 (and there was no way I could beat you!) I wasn't really in the contest - no point in winning what I already had, right?

But if I could win an A 50/1.2 I'd be in! I really need it since I don't have any 50mm f/1.2 lenses, see?
03-04-2014, 01:51 PM - 5 Likes   #382
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
50mm F1.8 lens

I'm in a very fortunate position that I really don't need anymore kit, hence my passing on of my daily win prizes last month.

Low and behold, I've won one of the lenses in the end of month draw... so with Adams prior approval, I though we might have some fun with a "Kerrowdown Giveaway" competition.

I propose a wee fun competition where members would submit images, of what they best feel portrays... "The Kerrowdown".

It will run for say a week, it's not about technical, it's just a bit fun, no real rules about how or what, just it's as long as it's taken with Pentax kit.

At the end the week, I'll pick the best image and the winner receives the lens direct from Adam at Pentax Forums.

What do you think, are you up for it?

03-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #383
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
What do you think,
I think that's a very gracious and generous thing to do.
03-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #384
Site Supporter

I think I have a lass with a wardrobe malfunction that qualifies...

---------- Post added 03-04-14 at 02:00 PM ----------

But then you need more fifties!

Yeah, I have both the 50/1.8 and the 35/2.4 too, and since I knew you would take the 40 (and there was no way I could beat you!) I wasn't really in the contest - no point in winning what I already had, right?

But if I could win an A 50/1.2 I'd be in! I really need it since I don't have any 50mm f/1.2 lenses, see?
I set my goal early in the month to get a ticket every day. If j2photos had come out of the woodwork earlier, he would have been a real threat. Even so, I had to do things like share pictures!! It was good for me though. I needed to really go through my photos & look at them.
03-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #385
MSL
Pentaxian

50mm F1.8 lens I'm in a very fortunate position that I really don't need anymore kit, hence my passing on of my daily win prizes last month. Low and behold, I've won one of the lenses in the end of month draw... so with Adams prior approval, I though we might have some fun with a "Kerrowdown Giveaway" competition. I propose a wee fun competition where members would submit images, of what they best feel portrays... "The Kerrowdown". It will run for say a week, it's not about technical, it's just a bit fun, no real rules about how or what, just it's as long as it's taken with Pentax kit. At the end the week, I'll pick the best image and the winner receives the lens direct from Adam at Pentax Forums. What do you think, are you up for it?
I noticed your generosity during the contest and applaud you for it. I have enough lenses in the 50 range that while I might submit an entry for fun, I'm not chasing the prize. But if you set this contest up, I offer one suggestion or question. When you post on other people threads you tends to either push the humor envelope, or you offer very helpful and supportive comments. In looking for entries for this contest, do you have an interest in the "silly" side of Kerrowdown or the more serious side, or would you like to see both types of entries?
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #386
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I set my goal early in the month to get a ticket every day. If j2photos had come out of the woodwork earlier, he would have been a real threat. Even so, I had to do things like share pictures!! It was good for me though. I needed to really go through my photos & look at them.
Exactly! I'm still rummaging through my mess archives, finding nice pictures I haven't really looked at before. So I'm still not done with my Posting February
03-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #387
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
A 50/1.2, His Lady (whichever one it is)
It's my "Special Lady" that one.
03-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #388
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I propose a wee fun competition where members would submit images, of what they best feel portrays... "The Kerrowdown".
...and this is a great initiative! Even if the task set is nigh on impossible to fulfil in one pircture!
03-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #389
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
or would you like to see both types of entries
As I said in my post "it's just a bit fun, no real rules about how or what", lets just post images, the subject is "images of what they best feel portrays... "The Kerrowdown""
03-04-2014, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #390
MSL
Pentaxian

As I said in my post "it's just a bit fun, no real rules about how or what", lets just post images, the subject is "images of what they best feel portrays... "The Kerrowdown""
Sounds like a plan! Now, how do I book a trip to Scotland, get to a distillery, shoot some photos of the equipment or a room full of casks and post something in the next week