Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In light of the angst over the little tiny Ricoh paint on the WG-20 (and I assume the other two WG's) I find it interesting that the Press Release and DPR both highlight the 'PENTAX' in the product name.

02-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #137
Pentaxian

Convert 375 pounds in euro, and subtract the British ripoff tax
02-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
about 450, when it's 500 everybody will order theirs in Britain.
02-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
British ripoff tax
So, where's that tax-rate at at the moment?

02-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In light of the angst over the little tiny Ricoh paint on the WG-20 (and I assume the other two WG's) I find it interesting that the Press Release and DPR both highlight the 'PENTAX' in the product name.
You never know what the "Production" versions will be.
Seems the K3 started with Pentax on the back.
Who knows what will come in the retail version!

02-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #141
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
You never know what the "Production" versions will be.
Seems the K3 started with Pentax on the back.
Who knows what will come in the retail version!

Yeah, IIRC we were all surprised by the Hocir on the back. My bet is they do it to the 645 too.
02-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #142
Pentaxian

The WG press releases most definitely do not say Pentax, nor do the cameras as they are pictured on DP Review. It appears the WG line is now fully Ricoh branded.

02-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
The WG press releases most definitely do not say Pentax, nor do the cameras as they are pictured on DP Review. It appears the WG line is now fully Ricoh branded.
Oh dear.

I wonder if the PENTAX 645D 2014 has Ricoh printed under the tilting LCD.
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
As long as it's Pentax on the prism hump I'm happy.

(i just said 'prism hump').
PENTAX 645D 2014
02-06-2014, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #144
Veteran Member

I like my Pentax and haven't owned any other brand SLR/DSLR since my K1000... but all this bickering about a brand name is becoming very stale... How can so called grownup people go on and on and on....about such trivial nonsense...
All that matters is that you have a quality camera with a K-mount, the "......." name is of no importance at all....I wish people would get it through their thick skulls, that life is too short to waste even one second over something silly as this.
Rant over....
02-06-2014, 01:29 AM   #145

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
I like my Pentax and haven't owned any other brand SLR/DSLR since my K1000... but all this bickering about a brand name is becoming very stale... How can so called grownup people go on and on and on....about such trivial nonsense...
All that matters is that you have a quality camera with a K-mount, the "......." name is of no importance at all....I wish people would get it through their thick skulls, that life is too short to waste even one second over something silly as this.
Rant over....
I think it's a moot point as Ricoh made it clear in the press release that the Pentax name is staying, but only on DSLR's/Mirrorless while Ricoh will go on P&S.

I would argue that branding is extrememly important to a lot of people, and brand identity coupled with what individual brands mean to consumers is not trivial at all. Look at the auto industry. When GM owned Saab, so you think that lifelong Saab owners who had a lot invested in the brand and had grown an emotional attachment to it would've been happy if the Saab badge came off and a GM badge went on? Doesn't matter as it still has an engine an wheels! But it does matter. Or if when Ford owned Jaguar they release a Ford XJ6? Jaguar lovers would've lost their minds. Let's imagine for a second that Ferrari fell into financial trouble and was saved by Daihatsu. A Daihatsu 458 Italia would probabably be widely criticized (i.e. Ferrari lovers would lose their ****ing minds.) And so it goes in the camera world for many people. Brand identity means a lot to some, like it or not. I'm glad to hear that you are such a grownup that it doesn't matter to you.
02-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #146
Site Supporter

I think it makes sense to have one brand represent non-ILCs & another represent ILCs.
02-06-2014, 04:26 AM   #147
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guess we dont need to be wasting space on the Pentax forums talking about these cameras since they no longer have Pentax badges!
02-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #148
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
I guess we dont need to be wasting space on the Pentax forums talking about these cameras since they no longer have Pentax badges!
Ricoh sub-forum?
02-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Ricoh sub-forum?
Probably should be RicohForums.com with a Pentax sub-forum to match the true hierarchy.
02-06-2014, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #150
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh Forums - Discuss Ricoh Cameras at PentaxForums.com