Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #196
Pentaxian
Mike.P®'s Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Coast .. UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,734
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
We are still wating for the firmware upgrade to be released, But the RICOH home page clearly states:

"*The camera’s firmware must be updated to the latest version before using the autofocus function. Compatible camera bodies are: K-3, K-50, K-500, K-30, K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-5, K-01, K-7, and K-r. Autofocus is possible with a PENTAX lens having maximum aperture of f/4 or brighter."
That could just mean that the cameras firmware must be updated to the latest (current) version before using the autofocus. Perhaps it had already been included in anticipation of the converters release.

03-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #197
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,724
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
From Henry's? Did they notify you, or did you call them?
I received a notification in an email from Henry's, I should get a notification form Canada Post sometime in the next 24 hrs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
That could just mean that the cameras firmware must be updated to the latest (current) version before using the autofocus. Perhaps it had already been included in anticipation of the converters release.
I'll let you know if there is an upgrade in the box, but I bet the version 1.02 I upgraded to will be all I need.
03-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #198
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,971
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I received a notification in an email from Henry's, I should get a notification form Canada Post sometime in the next 24 hrs.



I'll let you know if there is an upgrade in the box, but I bet the version 1.02 I upgraded to will be all I need.
Can't wait to see what results you will get from this TC, Norm.
DerekKite is also "eagerly" awaiting: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/253807-tele...r-shipped.html

If this is worth the $$ they ask for it, I'll be a buyer for sure but since I am a turkey, I'll wait for you to give us some results!

Cheers!

JP
03-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #199
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,724
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Can't wait to see what results you will get from this TC, Norm.
DerekKite is also "eagerly" awaiting: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/253807-tele...r-shipped.html

If this is worth the $$ they ask for it, I'll be a buyer for sure but since I am a turkey, I'll wait for you to give us some results!

Cheers!

JP
Like everything else, I'm sure the price will come down. I paid $600 for my 18-135, now you can get it for $400. I pre-ordered my K-3. I can get it for $200 less now. I just don't seem to be able to stop myself. Maybe when it get's here I'll start a Pentax gear porn site. Y'all can send me $5 a month to look at pictures of it. Oh, wait that should be plural, that should be "all of y'all".

03-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #200
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
I just sent an email to Henry's, pleading for the TC to be shipped before I leave for vacation in two weeks. Here's the response:
"Your item is still in the order pipe and is expected to arrive within the next 4 weeks."

Where can I get one NOW???
03-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #201
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
Yes, Henry's. Shipping notification.
03-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #202
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Yes, Henry's. Shipping notification.
All I'm getting from Henry's is the brush-off. I placed the order on Feb 19th.

Did you order from a store, or the website?

Last edited by audiobomber; 03-07-2014 at 07:48 AM.
03-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #203
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,253
Walked into the local London Drugs today and ordered the FluCard and the 1.4x HD rear converter. Both are in stock and will be ready for pickup locally within a week.

Jack

03-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #204
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,724
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
All I'm getting from Henry's is a song and dance. I placed the order on Feb 19th.

Did you order from a store, or the website?
My order was placed Feb. 7 from the website.... I assume that whatever the first batch was, it didn't cover your order... either that or they just won't figure it out for you. Mine hasn't made it to Canda Post yet, so it's possible they haven't completely shipped the first batch yet.
03-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #205
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
I ordered at Henry's online soon after it was announced. I got the Canada Post tracking number, will show up probably monday or tuesday.
03-06-2014, 03:43 AM   #206
Site Supporter
Stone G.'s Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Zealand, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,508
Firmware updates now available !

Well, we never knew for sure - but now we do:

Thank you for using a PENTAX K-5 digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.16 for K-5.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.

Changes to V1.16
  • Correspond to HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW.
  • Improved stability for general performance.*Contents of [Version 1.15] and earlier version will be also updated
As far as I can see, all relevant camera types have similar updates available now.

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
03-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #207
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,971
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Like everything else, I'm sure the price will come down. I paid $600 for my 18-135, now you can get it for $400. I pre-ordered my K-3. I can get it for $200 less now. I just don't seem to be able to stop myself. Maybe when it get's here I'll start a Pentax gear porn site. Y'all can send me $5 a month to look at pictures of it. Oh, wait that should be plural, that should be "all of y'all".
Yeah, the prices usually come down a bit but I have a feeling that this new TC just might stay at a hefty price for a long time if it happens to become a very "hot" item.
Spending $600 on this vs. buying a 500mm lens at $6000 (Sigma 500/4.5) makes more sense, financially that is. However, having a 420mm reach (DA*300/4 + 1.4x TC) is also very good.
As I said, as long as the TC has great IQ, I will certainly be a buyer regardless of the price.

Looking forward to the Pentax gear "porn" site .... make sure it becomes a "sticky"!

Cheers!

JP

---------- Post added 03-06-14 at 09:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
Well, we never knew for sure - but now we do:

Thank you for using a PENTAX K-5 digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.16 for K-5.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.

Changes to V1.16
  • Correspond to HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW.
  • Improved stability for general performance.*Contents of [Version 1.15] and earlier version will be also updated
As far as I can see, all relevant camera types have similar updates available now.

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
Good news for those who will receive their TC within a few days now ... the cam's will be ready for it.
Meanwhile, I'll be patiently waiting for some images resulting from this TC and (any) lens combo.

JP
03-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #208
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,724
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
Well, we never knew for sure - but now we do:

Thank you for using a PENTAX K-5 digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.16 for K-5.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.

Changes to V1.16
  • Correspond to HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW.
  • Improved stability for general performance.*Contents of [Version 1.15] and earlier version will be also updated
As far as I can see, all relevant camera types have similar updates available now.

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
I have way to many camera bodies... I just did the upgrades on the K-x, 2 K-5s , the K-01 and the K-3... now I should get to my sister's and do her K20D.
Canada Post says it will be here tomorrow... touch wood, when you live in Whitney things don't always go as planned.
03-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #209
Veteran Member
Shanti's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 895
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I have way to many camera bodies... I just did the upgrades on the K-x, 2 K-5s , the K-01 and the K-3... now I should get to my sister's and do her K20D.
Canada Post says it will be here tomorrow... touch wood, when you live in Whitney things don't always go as planned.
Hi Norm...if you have the AF 1.7 TC as well would love a test between the 2 TC's,as I hope its better for my DA*300.. price here is $440 + shipping + told till US..not sure if cheaper in the end
03-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #210
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,724
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Hi Norm...if you have the AF 1.7 TC as well would love a test between the 2 TC's,as I hope its better for my DA*300.. price here is $440 + shipping + told till US..not sure if cheaper in the end
Sure thing... I'll be putting it through the usual "getting to know you" routine.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
4k, af, bios, camera, couple, dell, f2.4, f4, firmware, flash, happy, hd, k3 af, laptop, lens, lenses, macro, overheating, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-da, price, ricoh, sdm, tc, teleconverter, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Pentax 55-300mm WR Officially Announced Adam Pentax News and Rumors 53 10-15-2013 11:00 AM
Pentax HD lens series officially announced for Switzerland and Germany RKKS08 Pentax News and Rumors 9 09-14-2013 12:04 AM
Nikon D7100 Officially Announced Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 2 02-21-2013 06:16 PM
Pentax K-30 Officially Announced! Adam Pentax News and Rumors 245 09-12-2012 08:32 PM
Pentax X-5 officially announced... JohnBee Pentax News and Rumors 103 09-06-2012 07:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top