Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Well, yeah. I guess that would be true. And there's probably already methods that do exactly that. I just wouldn't know about them because I'm very much new to photography beyond just "point & click".
I have a slide/negative scanner and it just needs to know the film brand and speed to put in starting corrections. This is a cheap one, so it's just a handy thing to have, but it does a much better job than the drugstore CD converters ever did. If you check out the software available, I am sure you could find something that would work for whatever films you have used. You might even want to check into a Pentax "slide duplicator" which was a standard attachment way back when. It held a slide at exactly the correct distance. Same idea, but not so fancy, and it only did 35mm.

02-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
I'm not saying that Ricoh will completely abandon Pentax's name. You can see a big red "PENTAX" logo on the top of a building in Ricoh Imaging headquarters in Tokyo. It's still alive, though the company's name has changed.

I'm not sure if Ricoh will buy another camera brand. Decades ago, there were a bunch of camera makers who adopted the K-mount like Chinon or Cosina. Even Ricoh's SLR was the K-mount. But all are gone now. Samsung's mount is interchangeable with the K-mount, but it's not realistic that Ricoh buys Samsung's camera segment based on the current performance of two companies.
I thought that Samsung abandoned the K-mount years ago. Untrue?
02-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I thought that Samsung abandoned the K-mount years ago. Untrue?
I think that you can mount Pentax lens on Samsung NX through Samsung's adapter.
02-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #94
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
I think that you can mount Pentax lens on Samsung NX through Samsung's adapter.
This. They have adapters. I don't know if they have smart adapters that control auto focus and aperture. It would make sense if they did though since Samsung previously did use the K mount & they have all the info they need to make their OEM adapter fully functional.

02-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #95
Veteran Member

No electrical contacts / no autofocus / no auto-aperture / no thanks.

Heck you're just as well-off with any of the mirrorless cameras as you are with the NX.
02-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #96
Pentaxian

@ monochrome :
You referred to Ricoh's history and former practices.
We just add commonsense to steer the same conclusion.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 02-07-2014 at 12:09 AM.
02-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Which means if there's an MX-2 it will bear the name 'RICOH' ? Doesn't seem right
That means if there is a GXR-2 it will bear the name "Pentax"?

02-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #98
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
That means if there is a GXR-2 it will bear the name "Pentax"?
Ok, that camera just makes no darn sense to me.
02-07-2014, 01:15 AM   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I want Asahi brand back !!! I'm already drinking their beers !!!
02-07-2014, 01:20 AM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Ok, that camera just makes no darn sense to me.
Actually I believe it's the one that could have most success with the new generations, just replacing the camera "body" with a wifi holster for a mini i-pad.
02-07-2014, 01:29 AM   #101
Veteran Member

look on the bright side... At least or cameras don't say "Savin" on them. And if you get that you're an old fart like me.
02-07-2014, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #102
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
look on the bright side... At least or cameras don't say "Savin" on them. And if you get that you're an old fart like me.
I'm not an old fart, but I work in a hospital. Ours all say Ricoh, but the toners say Savin.
02-07-2014, 02:01 AM   #103
Veteran Member

I think it's very good that this is now clear once and for all. I like Ricoh's clear statements. It also shows they did pick up on the brandname discussions and angst. It's good that Pentax is here to stay. But MUCH more importantly, with all the rumors, announcements and releases it seems like Pentax is on a roll again.

But just to stir it a little. (Yes, I'm evil.) The K-3 actually says Ricoh 2 times, once on the back and once on the bottom. Pentax only once. Sorry, just joking, couldn't resist.
02-07-2014, 02:25 AM   #104
Pentaxian

Put a Pentax lens on it - problem solved
02-07-2014, 02:29 AM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I ever have to buy a Pentax camera with the Ricoh name on the front I'll glue the true name there myself...

---------- Post added 02-07-14 at 10:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
from our homepage:

Is the Pentax brand name slowly vanishing? In today's press mailing, Amber Renard, Public Relations Manager for Ricoh Imaging Americas, said, "As you will note, the WG-4 and WG-20 series are the first [compact cameras] to bear the Ricoh name. As such, I wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate our commitment to the historical PENTAX brand. The PENTAX name will continue to appear on all of our interchangeable lens cameras, lenses and sport optics, while the Ricoh name will be reserved for our compact cameras."
So that should mean that they will start using the Pentax name for the GXR system...