Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #256
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
I'm 95% sure this isn't the *70-200 on the roadmap, but that doesn't mean Pentax couldn't release it as well at some point.

05-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #257
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
Most likely the 70-210 from Pentax will be f2.8, as it useful for both digital 35mm and APS-C cameras. But I doubt it will come out before the Fotokina 2014.
05-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #258
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Most likely the 70-210 from Pentax will be f2.8
I believe this is one time Pentax will want it to be a 70-200/2.8, just like everybody else. Being unique may not profit them in this circumstance, and 70-210 sounds like the slower and cheaper lenses of yore (some of which were still quite good, but never "pro" level).
05-16-2014, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #259
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 820
A 70-200 f/4 would have no reason to exist in the Pentax lineup with the 60-250 f/4 and 50-135 f/2.8 already here. 60-250 f/4 straight up makes it redundant on APS-C, and even if it's a FF lens, the 50-135 f/2.8 on APS-C can already closely emulate 70-200 f/4 on a FF camera.

A 70-200 f/2.8, however, has plenty of uses on both APS-C and 35mm, especially since it's a * lens, meaning WR compared to the third-party alternatives in K-mount.

05-17-2014, 02:46 AM   #260
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,073
I think yes, the most probable will be the rebadged NEW 70-200/2.8 Tokina.
Ricoh's representatives were known to meet Tokina about one yer ago...
05-17-2014, 03:20 AM   #261
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
i think the 70-200/2,8 would make perfect sens : it would replace the 200/2,8 that seems to be not that much of a good seller (according to the signature of people of this forum ...); it would fit the gap between 135 and 200, and the f2,8 range.

However it would be good if the price of the 60-250 would be lower a bit to have the some kind of offering as Canon with f2,8 version more expensive than the f4.
05-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #262
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
i think the 70-200/2,8 would make perfect sens : it would replace the 200/2,8 that seems to be not that much of a good seller (according to the signature of people of this forum ...); it would fit the gap between 135 and 200, and the f2,8 range.

However it would be good if the price of the 60-250 would be lower a bit to have the some kind of offering as Canon with f2,8 version more expensive than the f4.
Please don't say that. DA*200/2.8 is a true gem. We can say too many people look at wrong side of lens properties, focus on limited aspects of photography, go for zooms that are 'sharp', but excessively blunt and boring otherwise. They don't know how to recognise or consider delicateness and ethereal image quality that some lenses are able to bring forward, and mistake them for lens faults.
DA*200 is one of those rare gems.
05-17-2014, 10:58 AM - 5 Likes   #263
Veteran Member
devorama's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 638
Wait, this is Pentax. It won't be a 70-200mm. It will be something like a 63-194mm lens. :-)

05-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #264
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,265
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Plenty of people use Sigma OS lenses. You just turn off the in-body SR.
Yep and Sigma did stop doing this because?
Because it was akward and got people confused.

Optical Stab being better has not much to do here (unfortunately I admit).

The other possibility is Pentax going FF + In lens IS instead of in the body.
05-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #265
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Please don't say that. DA*200/2.8 is a true gem. We can say too many people look at wrong side of lens properties, focus on limited aspects of photography, go for zooms that are 'sharp', but excessively blunt and boring otherwise. They don't know how to recognise or consider delicateness and ethereal image quality that some lenses are able to bring forward, and mistake them for lens faults.
DA*200 is one of those rare gems.
The *300s are even better than the DA*200 (I mention this because a buyer often chooses one or the other), but it's a nice little lens (size and weight being another of its advantages) that could be difficult to match with a new 70-200/2.8 zoom. The third parties certainly haven't done it, although Canon/Nikon/Sony/older Pentax (FA*80-200) may have at least come close.
05-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #266
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cartago
Posts: 25
Given the focus Ricoh is trying to give on WR, the new lens WILL be either * or AW. I say this since there's still the chance they will replace the whole * line, make it HD and probably get rid of the SDM motor. It would make perfect sense that this lens was FF capable if they are actually considering a FF camera in the horizon, as they need to create a system first. They have been working on in-lens IS for the 645 line, so this could have some use in order to make new FF glass with IS, and avoid the technical problems of fitting a shifting sensor inside a K-mount. Just my 2 cents.
05-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #267
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,728
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I think yes, the most probable will be the rebadged NEW 70-200/2.8 Tokina.
Ricoh's representatives were known to meet Tokina about one yer ago...
Here's some recent info on the upcoming Tokina 70-200/4 lens for Nikon. Time will tell if this has any relation to a future Pentax lens.

Tokina officially announces their AT-X 70-200mm f/4 PRO FX VCM-S lens | Nikon Rumors
05-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #268
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,434
It would be interesting, given Ricoh / Pentax move to ILIS for a FF body and kept IBIS for the APSc line, if the camera notified the lens whether IBIS was engaged and automatically deactivated ILIS.
05-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #269
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,265
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It would be interesting, given Ricoh / Pentax move to ILIS for a FF body and kept IBIS for the APSc line, if the camera notified the lens whether IBIS was engaged and automatically deactivated ILIS.
Indeed but given their almost constant reminding how IBIS is an important feature, it would be strange...
And difficult to market IMO.
05-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #270
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Iloilo City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,099
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Here's some recent info on the upcoming Tokina 70-200/4 lens for Nikon. Time will tell if this has any relation to a future Pentax lens.

Tokina officially announces their AT-X 70-200mm f/4 PRO FX VCM-S lens | Nikon Rumors
How I wish third-party manufacturers would make there lenses WR. That's one of the reasons why I bought into Pentax.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
advantage, camera, circle, dof, f2.8, ff, k-mount, k-mount lens roadmap, lens, lenses, patent, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-da*, picture, posts, promise, roadmap, rumor, sdm, smc, surprise, tamron lenses, time, tokina, weather, yay
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-mount Lens Roadmap Archive (from 2005 on) Asahiflex Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 18 02-24-2017 07:26 AM
Updated Lens Roadmap Phil A Pentax Q 2 06-25-2013 01:53 PM
Pentax Q Lens roadmap updated... wanderography Pentax News and Rumors 23 10-03-2012 03:35 AM
Updated roadmap for 645 mount ogl Pentax Medium Format 9 09-26-2012 12:00 PM
New lenses roadmap, updated 22/09/2008 (pdf) cateto Pentax News and Rumors 55 09-28-2008 06:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top