Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I could not have imagined so much discussion about the colour of a line. Especially as I am colourblind and can't see any difference.

05-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Roadmap and the DA 135 -370

Wonder if the listed DA 135-370 will materialize this year yet?
05-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #273
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Wonder if the listed DA 135-370 will materialize this year yet?
Pentax has at least six (6) all new lenses ready, and some released during 2013, but all have been postponed for unknown reason by Ricoh. Perhaps they have one more important name change or company restructure in mind?
Only the DA20-40 has been released since last Fotokina, for obvious reason (to fill in the wide gap in HD DA Limiteds range).
Plus, the roadmap has been shuffled around many times, making everyone confused what is to be expected and what is the future of the mount. That infuriates users and that no new lens has been issued in the entire 2014 yet, when competitors release them in bunches, is irresponsible.
I find Ricoh's approach to its pet and pet's heritage to be anaesthetic. Why did not they euthanise it in the first place, instead of torturing slowly?

Last edited by Uluru; 05-19-2014 at 03:11 PM.
05-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Pentax has at least six (6) all new lenses ready, but all have been postponed for unknown reason by Ricoh. Perhaps they have one more name change or company structure in mind.
It's Executives trying to prove they actually do something. They have to justify those big salaries.

05-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #275
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax has at least six (6) all new lenses ready, and some released during 2013, but all have been postponed for unknown reason by Ricoh. Perhaps they have one more important name change or company restructure in mind?
Any clue of what it can be ?
05-19-2014, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #276
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Any clue of what it can be ?
Perhaps Ricoh thinks it has to educate its puppy some more tricks puppy does not understand — as some Ricoh corporate fanboys around here would claim.

It is corporate bigotry, if you ask me. With their corporate shuffling of staff, endless rebranding, postponing of product launches etc. they show they had no idea what they have bought in 2011. They don't understand the passion side of this business, how promptly one needs to act and excite users, that body language is more important than empty official's talk. Their actions are anaesthetic, they put everyone to sleep — they bore the hell out of interviewers and all users who want things moving on.

But cameras aren't miniature copiers. Since many months ago all deciding men in product marketing are now from Ricoh's stable. Men in charge in planing of Pentax lens lineup and Pentax cameras are men who never worked for Pentax in their life. They are now official talkers. And they say nothing. Let's see how they plan to excite Pentax customers. So far they "rave": one new lens released in 20 months.

Last edited by Uluru; 05-19-2014 at 06:14 PM.
05-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #277
Veteran Member

It is corporate bigotry, if you ask me. With their corporate shuffling of staff, endless rebranding, postponing of product launches etc. they show they had no idea what they have bought in 2011. They don't understand the passion side of this business, how promptly one needs to act and excite users, that body language is more important than empty official's talk. Their actions are anaesthetic, they put everyone to sleep — they bore the hell out of interviewers and all users who want things moving on.

But cameras aren't miniature copiers. Since many months ago all deciding men in product marketing are now from Ricoh's stable. Men in charge in planing of Pentax lens lineup and Pentax cameras are men who never worked for Pentax in their life. They are now official talkers. And they say nothing. Let's see how they plan to excite Pentax customers. So far they "rave": one new lens released in 20 months.
Interesting - Ricoh has never been successful at selling their own cameras, despite making some good ones.

05-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #278
Pentaxian

So far they "rave": one new lens released in 20 months.
Better make that at least four in 15 months.

DA 560: February 2013
DA 20-40: December 2013
Q 08 : December 2013
D FA 645 90: April 2014
05-19-2014, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #279
Pentaxian

The truth of the matter is they have more APS-c dedicated lenses than any other manufacturer, and the FA ltds that I don't own and can't yet afford. There are always people who want something from what different Pentax has to offer.. there are lot's of other manufacturers. Pentax doesn't have to be everything to all people.

With all due respect. If Pentax doesn't make what you want, buy what you want from whoever makes it. Most of us can live with that.
05-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #280
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All efforts shifted to 645z in February, 2014 - an unexpected and unprecedented hit for Ricoh / Pentax.
05-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #281
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote

The title of the thread is "K-mount lens roadmap".
05-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well.... I'd love to see a faster, longer lens than the wonderful DA*300 f4 but I suppose that if push comes to shove there will still be the Sigma 500mm for a long telephoto lens. Maybe Ricoh just doesn't want to compete in all areas with Nikon and Canon. Wish they would but I am happy that they have offered the K-3.

Bob
05-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
The title of the thread is "K-mount lens roadmap".
Sure, but the sentence I quoted was in the context of the Pentax lens lineup:
Men in charge in planing of Pentax lens lineup . . . So far they "rave": one new lens released in 20 months.
. . . and it doesn't even hold up if you just restrict to K-mount lenses.
05-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #284
Banned

Sure, but the sentence I quoted was in the context of the Pentax lens lineup:

. . . and it doesn't even hold up if you just restrict to K-mount lenses.
DA560 announced and presented at Fotokina 2012. When it came out is another embarrassment for Ricoh, not a “proof” that it came out 15 months ago.

Since DA560 announcement, only one lens design for K-mount was seen: DA20-40. And that is it.

No other manufacturer in their right state of mind would neglect their major camera mount as such. I was excited in October 2013 because there were indeed more than DA20-40 in the line to be shown with the K-3 (I had received specs for two), but alas! Nothing! Now even 7 months later, nothing! Even with K-3 on the shelves, no new lenses. Considering DA560 is design promised and designed under Hoya, under Ricoh we have had only one damned lens coming out! What kind of commitment to the K-mount is that? One new lens allowed reluctantly in almost three years of ownership?

It’s shocking. As a comparison, in 3 years Fujifilm has delivered all of its new X-mount cameras and all the lenses: they made nine of them while Ricoh "in its endless corporate wisdom" barely allowed one.

And no matter if PF users like this or not, and will the Ricoh fanboys jump in to defend the corporate mindset, but I can say Ricoh's change of management and planning for the K-mount is downright poor and ignorant.

Last edited by Uluru; 05-19-2014 at 10:10 PM.
05-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #285
Banned

I have also observed how quiet Pentax / Ricoh have been on the new lens front...but I view that as being a possible POSITIVE thing.

How many times have people here said "if they release a FF camera they need new lenses to go with it"?

So...why have they not released any new K-Mount lenses for a while? Perhaps they have been very busy developing new ones for.....

Just my musings...maybe I'm wrong...