Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #361
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
Original Poster
Uh... how could the mirror be borrowed from the K-3?

02-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #362
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,334
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Uh... how could the mirror be borrowed from the K-3?
I think it was the control system he was talking about.
02-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #363
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,265
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Of course. It's amazing, really. Would be even better with fast glass but it's still way better than my MX, which has one of the best viewfinders ever made for 135.
I agree last year I went to Photo expo in Paris and could handle the 645D (I already did in Cologne before but so many people were waiting I basicaly handled it for 20 seconds back then) for a few minutes with the 90mm macro.
The viewfinder is huge indeed, even though the 645D is cropped format, the viewfinder looks like an FF VF on steroids.
You're almost lost at first

---------- Post added 16-02-14 at 09:06 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Uh... how could the mirror be borrowed from the K-3?
ROTFLMAO
That would be funny
02-16-2014, 04:38 AM   #364
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 210
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's just estimated specs.
It's just an estimate, but that estimate comes from Kimio Tanaka, who has been affiliated with Pentax since the film camera. He has every 645 lens and five 645 bodies. Every time Pentax announces a new product, Mr. Tanaka is there. So is CP+.

Mr. Tanaka (right, with glasses) interviewed Mr. Maekawa (left) of Pentax at CP+. Mr. Tanaka reiterated the same specs as written in a DC Watch report, and Mr. Maekawa didn't give any confirmation. That's the same as a DC Watch report. But Mr. Maekawa gave a new suggestion:

The name isn't like the 645D mark II or somthing. It seems different from what one can expect from the 645D.
The new 645D has the same AF module as the K-3.
The initial plan for ISO goes as high as over 400,000, but it's unlikely now.
Pentax also planned to increase the numbler of fps to 5, but it looks like 3 fps are the maximum.
Probably a video mode. BTW, Ricoh's Theta was supposed to have a video mode.
Something interesting adds up to a shutter unit.
The image sensor is the same as the Phase One IQ250 and the Hasselblad H5D-50c. All sensors are made by Sony.
The new 645D doesn't have SR, but the new lens has a shake reduction mode (see an on/off switch on the lens). Mr. Tanaka's estimate is 28-50mm.
The new macro lens for Q will be released in 2015, not this year.
The film duplicator costs around $1,300, according to a man who made it (Sorry I forgot his name). It scans 35mm to 6×9, but not for 4×5.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-16-2014, 05:24 AM   #365
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
It's just an estimate, but that estimate comes from Kimio Tanaka, who has been affiliated with Pentax since the film camera. He has every 645 lens and five 645 bodies. Every time Pentax announces a new product, Mr. Tanaka is there. So is CP+.

Mr. Tanaka (right, with glasses) interviewed Mr. Maekawa (left) of Pentax at CP+. Mr. Tanaka reiterated the same specs as written in a DC Watch report, and Mr. Maekawa didn't give any confirmation. That's the same as a DC Watch report. But Mr. Maekawa gave a new suggestion:

The name isn't like the 645D mark II or somthing. It seems different from what one can expect from the 645D.
The new 645D has the same AF module as the K-3.
The initial plan for ISO goes as high as over 400,000, but it's unlikely now.
Pentax also planned to increase the numbler of fps to 5, but it looks like 3 fps are the maximum.
Probably a video mode. BTW, Ricoh's Theta was supposed to have a video mode.
Something interesting adds up to a shutter unit.
The image sensor is the same as the Phase One IQ250 and the Hasselblad H5D-50c. All sensors are made by Sony.
The new 645D doesn't have SR, but the new lens has a shake reduction mode (see an on/off switch on the lens). Mr. Tanaka's estimate is 28-50mm.
The new macro lens for Q will be released in 2015, not this year.
The film duplicator costs around $1,300, according to a man who made it (Sorry I forgot his name). It scans 35mm to 6×9, but not for 4×5.
That is insane expensive, and only if it would do 4x5 it would make sence.
02-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #366
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That is insane expensive, and only if it would do 4x5 it would make sence.
So for 35mm it's better to get a reflecta with silverscan. For MF it's cheaper than a good MF scanner (not flatbed) but not by much.
02-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #367
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,265
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
So for 35mm it's better to get a reflecta with silverscan. For MF it's cheaper than a good MF scanner (not flatbed) but not by much.
I agree but I still want to see results, we might be surprised...
02-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #368
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,073
QuoteOriginally posted by Serpiente Quote
Well just some specs like the rumors. Pentax will probably give an official press release soon. That is what I expect.

40 - 50 MP sensor
Not even sure how many MP
SAFOX XI AF module
Frame rate: 3 fps
Highest ISO: 102400 or 204800
Not even sure what the highest ISO is
Shutter life: 100,000
Bit low for an expensive pro-cam? The K-3 last longer
Live view (movie function possible)
USB 3.0 support for tethered shooting
Price around 10,000 USD
Again 'around', so no facts
Release date in mid April 2014


Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/250851-new-pentax-6...#ixzz2tRKh42Ha
This for sure is not serious leaks at all.
Zero credibility imho.

02-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #369
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
This for sure is not serious leaks at all.
Zero credibility imho.
It is not a leak, but teaser info from Ricoh on CP+
02-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #370
Pentaxian
Cambo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 864
Slide/negative copier

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Again, does anyone know how this compare to a film scanner?
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
It's just a bellow, you can put a Q behind it. The question is how much it will cost, and, if you have not 6x7 slides to reproduce, if it's not better to buy an old bellow with repro accessory on the bay.
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Ah ok,

I was presuming there might be a dedicated optic in it, since it appears quite a bit larger than the old film copier/macro nbellows units I'm used to. I suppose the question then becomes, what is the thread size for the attachment? Stepping down to a 35mm/APS-C format macro should be easy enough, but would stepping up to a 645 macro with its larger filter size lead to cutting off mof part of the image?
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I sw another photo with the entire rig, including the dedicated flash, mounted to a ballhead on a tripod. IIRC the camera was a K3.
Looks like it will do up to 6x7 at LEAST, maybe even 4x5. There's another pic with a silver DSLR mounted on it (assuming a K3). And the resolution of this will be wonderful, not to mention the speed. The old Nikon film scanners took MINUTES per slide. This thing will be bang bang bang, with just the time needed to stick a new slide in the holder. Nice to have a few holders and a helper, then you could get it done FAST. And 16megs per slide with a K5, 24 megs with a K3. I wonder what the LENS limitations will be? It obviously mounts on the LENS, because thew other pic has a macro lens showing.

Hope it's just a couple of hundred - I can see a new little side business opening up for me.



Cheers,
Cameron
02-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #371
Pentaxian
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,605
No such luck $1300(!)

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
.

Hope it's just a couple of hundred - I can see a new little side business opening up for me.
02-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #372
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It is not a leak, but teaser info from Ricoh on CP+


here is teaser from Pentax stand.

where is specs?

---------- Post added 02-16-2014 at 09:06 PM ----------

Mr. Tanaka said that movie mode is possible....If the camera is ready to be on sale in 1 month, it's strange that he doesn't know it exactly.
02-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #373
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,073
D1N0, do you have another source than Daikokuya's post that doesn't exactly say the same ?
02-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #374
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote


[/COLOR]Mr. Tanaka said that movie mode is possible....If the camera is ready to be on sale in 1 month, it's strange that he doesn't know it exactly.
Call it a strategic move. The same senor is to be used by two other competitors, and Ricoh Imaging imaging keeps the cards close to their chest. They will show them the very last minute and will undoubtedly wait for PhaseOne and Hasselblad to show their final specs first.

I try to understand their position (despite taking some liberty to have fun with it). I'm 100% convinced they want new Pentax 645D to be the ultimate image making machine on this planet.
02-17-2014, 02:51 AM   #375
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

here is teaser from Pentax stand.

where is specs?

I see CMOS, looks like a very important spec.

Since there is only one sensor out, it will be the same 50mp 44x33mm sensor from Sony.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mp sony cmos, 645d, ability, advantage, bit, blackmagic, camera, canon, cards, cmos, crop factor, fujitsu, heat, image, k3, lens, macro, market, max, medium, medium-format, mf, minutes, model, mp, name, pentax, pentax 645d2014, pentax news, pentax rumors, phase, products, sensor, size, slr, sony, status, texas, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase One announces IQ250 50MP CMOS medium format back with Sony sensor jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 8 03-04-2014 12:30 PM
Hasselblad H5D-50c: 50Mpix CMOS sensor from Sony -soon in Pentax 645D II? Mistral75 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 8 01-22-2014 05:42 AM
Sony SLT-A58 [20.1 Exmor HD CMOS] (??Maybe K3 Sensor??) joe.penn Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 11 03-07-2013 01:04 PM
Do the new Sony CMOS sensors attract dirt? GeneV Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 08-31-2012 09:26 AM
New Sony APS-C size CMOS Image Sensor with 12.47 Effective Resolution for use in DSLR Matjazz Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 08-20-2007 02:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top