Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #421
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 696
That is a shocking price difference. Two questions -- will the 645D-II easily tether to a computer, and -- when is the actual launch date, so we can get some facts about all this?

P.S. taking my savings against the Hasselblad, I can go on safari in darkest Florida, shoot an alligator, and have it processed into a new 'skin' for the 645D-II, along with a polished mango tree grip with an etched Ferrari logo... and still have enough money left over for a trip to Disneyworld to cover the next Hasselblad owners convention... where I'll fit right in.

03-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #422
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,436
QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
Yup. The new 645D would cost one-fourth of Hassy though both have the same Sony sensor.
I doubt the 645D will only cost $6.875. Do you have any information, or you're just guessing?
03-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #423
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 202
Nobody knows the final specs except for a few in Pentax. I hope everything will be out in April.

---------- Post added 03-03-14 at 12:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I doubt the 645D will only cost $6.875. Do you have any information, or you're just guessing?
Hassy is a little bit cheaper than what I heard before. "One-third" could be more precise.
03-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #424
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,436
That would be more or less the original 645D's price, which sounds plausible. Thanks for the clarification.

03-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #425
Marketplace Reseller
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,134
The shoe and car remind me of Monopoly pieces. Can we add top hat, iron, and terrier dog?

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Well, the next stage in their camera design would that, in addition to 120 colour combinations, they also offer 12 different camera shapes:
Duck, horse, koala, elephant, rabbit, hippo, giraffe, lion, sunflower, classic car, shoe, ice-cream.


---------- Post added 03-03-14 at 09:34 PM ----------

If I recall, tethering ability was mentioned wrt the new 645.

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
That is a shocking price difference. Two questions -- will the 645D-II easily tether to a computer, and -- when is the actual launch date, so we can get some facts about all this?

P.S. taking my savings against the Hasselblad, I can go on safari in darkest Florida, shoot an alligator, and have it processed into a new 'skin' for the 645D-II, along with a polished mango tree grip with an etched Ferrari logo... and still have enough money left over for a trip to Disneyworld to cover the next Hasselblad owners convention... where I'll fit right in.
03-15-2014, 02:12 AM   #426
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cologne
Posts: 5
Heard it should be available in Summer, before Photokina.
03-15-2014, 06:42 AM   #427
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,470
I'm on the edge of my seat as i am due back in Japan in September, and should be able to get it for a better price there than in the UK as was the case with the original 645D I bought at Ydabashi camera in the Akihabara district of Tokyo....
03-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #428
Veteran Member
wullemaha's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 503
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I'm on the edge of my seat as i am due back in Japan in September, and should be able to get it for a better price there than in the UK as was the case with the original 645D I bought at Ydabashi camera in the Akihabara district of Tokyo....
Write me a message when you are here and buy it, so I can try it
I will not be able to afford more than a look at my various trips to Yodobashi Camera...

Cheers,
René

03-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #429
Pentaxian
philbaum's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Port Townsend, Washington State, USA
Posts: 3,659
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Hasselblads competitor has been launched. I am somehow a bit underwhelmed. H5D-50c
Compared to recent K3, the hasselblad specs seem so dated, for example:

Shutter range: 12 minutes to 1/800 sec
The 1/800 isn't that impressive altho i would like the 12 min slow shutter :-)

ISO: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 & 6400
OK i guess, upper end seems more limited than it needs to be

Focusing metering: EV1 to EV19
K3 is capable of AF to -3 EV This seems a big advantage to Pentax - not sure what specs will be for 645D II

But it seems like Pentax is right to continue pursuit of this niche.
03-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #430
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Compared to recent K3, the hasselblad specs seem so dated, for example:

Shutter range: 12 minutes to 1/800 sec
The 1/800 isn't that impressive altho i would like the 12 min slow shutter :-)

ISO: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 & 6400
OK i guess, upper end seems more limited than it needs to be

Focusing metering: EV1 to EV19
K3 is capable of AF to -3 EV This seems a big advantage to Pentax - not sure what specs will be for 645D II

But it seems like Pentax is right to continue pursuit of this niche.
Yep except the shutter is AFAICT a leaf shutter embedded in the lenses which has it huge advantages too.
03-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #431
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 696
Yes -- the two cameras are really Apples and Oranges. The Hasselblad leaf shutter really lets you work with flash... and their interchangeable backs are very popular with their users. However! For new folks coming into medium-format, who haven't invested in those lenses yet, the new 645D-II may present an overwhelming price advantage.

Unless I'm wrong, we are really looking at a camera for indoor studio use, right?
03-17-2014, 02:07 AM   #432
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,470
QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
Yes -- the two cameras are really Apples and Oranges. The Hasselblad leaf shutter really lets you work with flash... and their interchangeable backs are very popular with their users. However! For new folks coming into medium-format, who haven't invested in those lenses yet, the new 645D-II may present an overwhelming price advantage.

Unless I'm wrong, we are really looking at a camera for indoor studio use, right?
Not necessarily. The original 645D is weather sealed and has been used in extreme weather. I use mine for landscapes, so don't need fast fps - handy to have but I didn't buy it for that.
03-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #433
Marketplace Reseller
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,134
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Hassy.

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Not necessarily. The original 645D is weather sealed and has been used in extreme weather. I use mine for landscapes, so don't need fast fps - handy to have but I didn't buy it for that.
03-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #434
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,557
QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
Unless I'm wrong, we are really looking at a camera for indoor studio use, right?
I would say for mostly yes, but you can do whatever you want with a 645D:

Userreview with 645D (85 images)

This is an image from the Spanish team that became European Champion in 2012.

The image is popular and went around in synchroworld a lot.
03-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #435
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Münsterland
Posts: 124
Today, I received a Pentax newsletter.
They announced Beauty Workshops here in Germany with the 645DII.

25.05.2014 Zingst 645DII Beauty Shooting mit der neuen Pentax 645D in Zingst
26.05.2014 Zingst, 645DII Beauty Shooting mit der neuen Pentax 645D in Zingst
27.05.2014 Zingst, 645DII Beauty Shooting mit der neuen Pentax 645D in Zingst
28.05.2014 Zingst, 645DII Beauty Shooting mit der neuen Pentax 645D in Zingst


-Linus-

Last edited by -Linus-; 03-20-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mp sony cmos, 645d, ability, advantage, bit, blackmagic, camera, canon, cards, cmos, crop factor, fujitsu, heat, image, k3, lens, macro, market, max, medium, medium-format, mf, minutes, model, mp, name, pentax, pentax 645d2014, pentax news, pentax rumors, phase, products, sensor, size, slr, sony, status, texas, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase One announces IQ250 50MP CMOS medium format back with Sony sensor jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 8 03-04-2014 12:30 PM
Hasselblad H5D-50c: 50Mpix CMOS sensor from Sony -soon in Pentax 645D II? Mistral75 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 8 01-22-2014 05:42 AM
Sony SLT-A58 [20.1 Exmor HD CMOS] (??Maybe K3 Sensor??) joe.penn Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 11 03-07-2013 01:04 PM
Do the new Sony CMOS sensors attract dirt? GeneV Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 08-31-2012 09:26 AM
New Sony APS-C size CMOS Image Sensor with 12.47 Effective Resolution for use in DSLR Matjazz Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 08-20-2007 02:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top