Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #361
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Slide/negative copier

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Again, does anyone know how this compare to a film scanner?
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
It's just a bellow, you can put a Q behind it. The question is how much it will cost, and, if you have not 6x7 slides to reproduce, if it's not better to buy an old bellow with repro accessory on the bay.
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Ah ok,

I was presuming there might be a dedicated optic in it, since it appears quite a bit larger than the old film copier/macro nbellows units I'm used to. I suppose the question then becomes, what is the thread size for the attachment? Stepping down to a 35mm/APS-C format macro should be easy enough, but would stepping up to a 645 macro with its larger filter size lead to cutting off mof part of the image?
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I sw another photo with the entire rig, including the dedicated flash, mounted to a ballhead on a tripod. IIRC the camera was a K3.
Looks like it will do up to 6x7 at LEAST, maybe even 4x5. There's another pic with a silver DSLR mounted on it (assuming a K3). And the resolution of this will be wonderful, not to mention the speed. The old Nikon film scanners took MINUTES per slide. This thing will be bang bang bang, with just the time needed to stick a new slide in the holder. Nice to have a few holders and a helper, then you could get it done FAST. And 16megs per slide with a K5, 24 megs with a K3. I wonder what the LENS limitations will be? It obviously mounts on the LENS, because thew other pic has a macro lens showing.

Hope it's just a couple of hundred - I can see a new little side business opening up for me.

Cheers,
Cameron

02-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #362
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It is not a leak, but teaser info from Ricoh on CP+

here is teaser from Pentax stand.

where is specs?

---------- Post added 02-16-2014 at 09:06 PM ----------

Mr. Tanaka said that movie mode is possible....If the camera is ready to be on sale in 1 month, it's strange that he doesn't know it exactly.
02-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #363
Pentaxian

D1N0, do you have another source than Daikokuya's post that doesn't exactly say the same ?
02-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #364
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

[/COLOR]Mr. Tanaka said that movie mode is possible....If the camera is ready to be on sale in 1 month, it's strange that he doesn't know it exactly.
Call it a strategic move. The same senor is to be used by two other competitors, and Ricoh Imaging imaging keeps the cards close to their chest. They will show them the very last minute and will undoubtedly wait for PhaseOne and Hasselblad to show their final specs first.

I try to understand their position (despite taking some liberty to have fun with it). I'm 100% convinced they want new Pentax 645D to be the ultimate image making machine on this planet.

02-17-2014, 02:51 AM   #365
Banned

Photos: Gallery

where is specs?

I see CMOS, looks like a very important spec.

Since there is only one sensor out, it will be the same 50mp 44x33mm sensor from Sony.
02-17-2014, 03:39 AM   #366
Pentaxian

where is specs?

Mr. Tanaka said that movie mode is possible....If the camera is ready to be on sale in 1 month, it's strange that he doesn't know it exactly.
Well Mr. Tanaka was deliberately being vague because the final specs have not been announced yet. It's a game.
02-17-2014, 03:49 AM - 2 Likes   #367
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
You don't need a huge lens to take a a long distance photo.
Flickr Search: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
Good wildlife photos generally come from folks who have lenses that aren't quite this long, but have a faster aperture. In addition, when you use really high pixel density to make your lens "longer," you make it a lot harder to get sharp photos. I notice this even going from a K5 to a K3.

Sweet spot on full frame is between 300 and 600mm. Most wildlife photographers will tell you that you should invest more in getting close to the animals/birds you are shooting. Anyway, I only see a couple of decent photos in this search. Not sure why...

(200mm on K5).

02-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #368

where is specs?

I translated it here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
OK, the translation is:

Medium format DSLR camera
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product name: PENTAX 645D 2014 (tentative)
The latest ultra high-pixel CMOS image sensor
High-speed response for various shooting methods
Tilt LCD screen
Release date: spring 2014
Those are all what Pentax can now say officially. One of the reasons why nobody knows for sure is that Pentax is now working on it, which means that the final specs, especially ISO, are not yet determined. Another reason would be that Pentax is now very nervous about leaks. Asahiman once wrote somewhere else that overseas branches didn't know the final specs of the K-3 until two weeks before the official announcement date, and Tokyo had a complete control over information.

Pentax doesn't want to divulge any new information, but is also concerned that customers might shy away if no information is leaked at all. That's why, I think, Pentax let Mr. Tanaka, a very close photographer but not an insider in a strict sense, talk about the possible specs. Teasing would be a nice word. I'm not saying that what Mr. Tanaka said is all correct, but some of it would be based on what Pentax expects.

BTW, Tanaka estimated that the new 645D will be announced in April, and released in May. If so, they have two more months to finalize.
02-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #369
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
BTW, Tanaka estimated that the new 645D will be announced in April, and released in May. If so, they have two more months to finalize.
Wouldn't the hardware be all set by now then? Only last minute firmware improvements left to do?
02-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #370
Pentaxian

Yea, I'd agree with Gazonk at here, but these firmware things might just be the things for ISO sensitivity or such a things what they need to optimize for maximum performance/functionality/ect.

so cannot promise ISO 200 K, if it will be just only 100 K.
02-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #371

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Wouldn't the hardware be all set by now then? Only last minute firmware improvements left to do?
I can't say for sure. Mr. Maekawa said "It's critical now" in a DC Watch report, so it would be safe to say that the hardware development is not yet done at all.
02-17-2014, 06:01 AM   #372
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Good wildlife photos generally come from folks who have lenses that aren't quite this long, but have a faster aperture. In addition, when you use really high pixel density to make your lens "longer," you make it a lot harder to get sharp photos. I notice this even going from a K5 to a K3.

Sweet spot on full frame is between 300 and 600mm. Most wildlife photographers will tell you that you should invest more in getting close to the animals/birds you are shooting. Anyway, I only see a couple of decent photos in this search. Not sure why...

(200mm on K5).

The FZ70 with 20-1200mm eqiv sells for under $300 and sometimes it's not possible to shoot wildlife from 8 ft away with a 300mm eqiv lens.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 16MP 60X Zoom 3" LCD Screen SLR-Style Camera with 8GB at HSN.com
02-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #373
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The FZ70 with 20-1200mm eqiv sells for under $300 and sometimes it's not possible to shoot wildlife from 8 ft away with a 300mm eqiv lens.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 16MP 60X Zoom 3" LCD Screen SLR-Style Camera with 8GB at HSN.com
Well, if the question is how you get good shots, then it is to get close. Certainly that is what your flickr search demonstrates.
02-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #374
Banned

Well I think that regarding the top iso-setting there are more things to considder. Not only what is possible from a technical point from the sensor, but also what is acceptable for offering with the camera, since we all know that iso 200k will Always be crappy compared to iso 100.
02-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #375
Pentaxian

Right,
for certain of my personnal uses, i have the Panasonic FZ200, quite good for wildlife snapshots and 25-600mm equ. f/2.8 steady.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 02-17-2014 at 08:03 AM.