Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #16

Hi, devorama,

I did not yet find a way to magnify the view – these are no artifacts but focuspeaking signs.

Now I show one more picture: a screenshot of the iPad mini. You 'll recognize most of the features, I think.

Attached Images

02-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for that picture. On the upper right corner, it looks like there is a magnifying glass, a refresh icon, and a settings icon. Maybe the magnifying glass would let you magnify the view.
02-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #18

Yes it did – but that did magnify enormously, not in steps, as i'd prefer.
02-24-2014, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks, Jenso.<br />
Independence from a app and access straight through web browse. That is IMO a killer feature.

02-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does the new Flucard overheat like the one we received with our k-3 silver?
02-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Is it streaming live feed to the other screen? How is the lag?
02-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #22

thibs: I do think these fetures are great, too.

raider: there is a warning in the manual, card might become hot… I didn't notice that myself, but: mine shows high energy consumption…

ruggiex: stream is rather laggy, me seems. Not suitable for sports or action…
02-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Does the new Flucard overheat like the one we received with our k-3 silver?
It will get hot, no doubt. However, I tested an Eye-Fi Pro X2 next to it, and that card literally cooks and I would be wary about keeping it in the camera for too long. Apparently the Eye-Fi cards are notorious for "falling apart" over time, probably due to temp stress on the plastic.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jenso Quote
thibs: I do think these fetures are great, too.

raider: there is a warning in the manual, card might become hot… I didn't notice that myself, but: mine shows high energy consumption…
Press the little "LV" icon in the lower left. It turns off Live View, but the battery life goes way up. The card isn't eating so much power as running LV constantly is draining batteries like always...

02-25-2014, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

As I recall, the first Flucards shipped ran really hot. Hot enough as to be a worry. There has obviously been a redesign to address this problem. According to some folks I guess , Ricoh should have delayed the release of the K-3 until the card was ready? I'm happy with the 5000 + images I've already taken with my K-3 so, that solution doesn't appeal to me. But I'm curious to know what company always has everything go exactly as planned? Just hope they don't pull a Microsoft, and never release anything at all. AT least they didn't pull a Nikon and release the defective product, then release a new model that corrects the mistake, without recalling all the original defective products. I'm not clear on exactly what company Ricoh is supposed to emulate. Where is this mythical company, that has never had a problem with a farmed out component?
02-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
As I recall, the first Flucards shipped ran really hot. Hot enough as to be a worry. There has obviously been a redesign to address this problem.
Related to this, the "regular FluCards" have a stated range of 20m, while the Pentax model says 7.5m (although it will work further out). My guess is that they've lowered the transmitter power to cope with the heat... but that's just a guess!
02-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I wonder if the weather sealing played a role in the heat problem, the possibility that a sealed door holds heat in that would otherwise dissipate, but I don't wonder enough to see how other water sealed cameras do with this kind of card. It's just not that important.
02-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #27
Site Supporter

Any Flucards available in Canada yet?

Dale
02-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DDoram Quote
Any Flucards available in Canada yet?

Dale
No flucards in Canada that I know of. A number of us have them on order, mine ordered when I pre-ordered my K-3, so I'm guessing I'll see one as soon as they get a shipment.
02-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jenso Quote
ruggiex: stream is rather laggy, me seems. Not suitable for sports or action…
Ya I don't expect to use it for action shots but it's good news to me that it is streaming. Thanks.
02-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #30
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Is anyone having problems using their mobile device (tablet or phone)? Seems most problems are on desktops/laptops thus far... But what do I know.