Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I am not holding my breath for anything, how long have we waited and how many times have we been let down?

Hmmm.... 12 years?

I'm not holding my breath either - seven months without air would be tough - but again, I'd still put money on a FF by the end of May '15.

02-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Hmmm.... 12 years?

I'm not holding my breath either - seven months without air would be tough - but again, I'd still put money on a FF by the end of May '15.
without a doubt i would too, but I sure as heck am not getting my hopes up. When it comes out I will buy it if it is a good body.
02-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #33

When it comes out I will buy it if it is a good body.
That "if" is important.
02-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #34
Banned

Actually, I was more disappointed at lack of some good (info on) compacts than anything about the FF. Compacts are much more exciting, and, damn!, what they want to do with that 2/35 lens patent?! Sounds incredibly delicious.
I hope we won’t wait until Fotokina in September to see something new in compacts arena?! I want a X100s killer, done properly in Pentax style!

02-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #35
Veteran Member

It'll be a good body. I actually suspect it will be a reasonable value as well - i.e. cost-competitive with Nikon/Canon. Pentax seems to be a 'cheap cameras, expensive lenses' company now.
02-23-2014, 09:14 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

It'll be a good body. I actually suspect it will be a reasonable value as well - i.e. cost-competitive with Nikon/Canon. Pentax seems to be a 'cheap cameras, expensive lenses' company now.
I might sub the cheap for inexpensive, It doesnt seem anything is cheap about them.
02-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I might sub the cheap for inexpensive, It doesnt seem anything is cheap about them.
Sure. I was going to say 'value' instead but decided against it, I think the context keeps it clear enough.

02-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #38
Veteran Member

I think even Canon/Nikon/Sony also are; with exception of the kit lenses and the 50 and 35 1.8's, I guess. Pentax still holds the record for the cheapest modern WR lens ever. I'm not sure about the closest C/N/S WR lens in terms of price, but I wager it's at least 4x more expensive than the DA 18-55mm AL WR.
02-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Here's our exclusive interview with Pentax representatives. It took place at the Pentax HQ due to the cancellation of the CP+ show itself on the scheduled interview date. Enjoy!

CP+ 2014 Interview with Pentax in Japan - CP+ 2014 - PentaxForums.com
Thanks and Good job, Adam.
I can't wait 645D 2014. In April, can I get it?
I care about 645 FF rather than 135 FF. Pentax's high-end camera should take medium format.
02-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fukapon Quote
Thanks and Good job, Adam.
I can't wait 645D 2014. In April, can I get it?
I care about 645 FF rather than 135 FF. Pentax's high-end camera should take medium format.
Pentax is dependent on affordable high quality sensors being available. 645 FF doesn't look likely any time soon. Assuming that the way forward is CMOS rather than CCD (for better low light capability, Live View, and perhaps video), Hasselblad and Phase One are both offering medium format with CMOS sensors considerably smaller than 60x45. I can't see any way Pentax could leapfrog these cropped MF sensors.
02-24-2014, 02:24 AM - 3 Likes   #41
Veteran Member

Regarding on de-crippled K-mount:

"There are fewer and fewer lenses available on the used market as time goes on. Also, it’s a completely analog operation, so the metering is not as accurate as current technology."
- Who do they think they're fooling with this one? As time goes on, the availability of used old lenses are increasing, I know because i always stumble on different online shopping for lenses. The used Pentax lenses increased because more and more Pentax shooters shifted to other systems like Canikon and Fujifilm. Come on, it's better to be honest than fooling your customers. And about the metering with analog operation, Nikon did it and didn't forget their customers who loves and uses old Nikkor lenses.. I hope Pentax-Ricoh listens more to their customers.. Also, they should need to provide professional services, that is a very big factor why professionals choose Canon and Nikon..

Last edited by richard balonglong; 02-24-2014 at 02:55 AM.
02-24-2014, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

The availability of K and M-series lenses is increasing? Who is still making those?
02-24-2014, 02:48 AM   #43

Maybe a lot of the emotion people are looking for has been lost the the translation process. The interviewer could have noticed this better of course....this is more like reading a transcript.
And, like we usually see there are not that many hints dropped by the top guys. I feel that under Ricoh the security lockdown on info is even bigger than when it was under Hoya or Pentax alone. They might want to take a note from Fuji on how to communicate.

From the information here and what we got before I think the full frame is going to be inevitable. Look at the aggressive pricing of the Sony A7. Its cheaper here in the NL than the K-3. Different cameras yes, but you are comparing a full frame sensor with an APS-C. And for some that is creating sparkles in their eyes. Personally I would like to stay with APS-C just for the weight and system size. Bot there is no denying that full frame prices are starting to drop closer to top of the line APS-C cameras.

Everyone has their wishlist, so from my side better video integration (even just Canon level would be great - probably not possible to be on mirrorless level) especially focusing in live view.
And I still think a tiltable LCD would be nice. If Oly an make a weatherproof one.....there is no excuse.

Lenses: Something like an 85 F1.4 or even F1.8?
02-24-2014, 02:54 AM   #44

Oops forgot:
K-01 was a good start. But I think there can be a future for a normal registration distance mirror-less camera. No need for a new set of lenses....and the DA LTD lenses are already awesomely light and good.
I read somewhere in the week that the OLy E-M1 in any case has a grip as big as the Pentax K-3...so only the body is thinner.
So---give us a Pentax mirror less taking the normal K-mount (K-02 itteration if you will) with very good contrast / on sensor phase detect sensor (ala a6000), build in an avf or even an optional one if needed. Sounds about right? Oh yes....and some decent video capabilities. Nothing GH4 class....just something a family might want to use when making video's of their kids and holidays alongside some photos. Ease of use being the keyword I would say.

Well....having said that I might even add a lens to my wishlist from above: a 24mm F1.8. (Like the Sony-Zeiss).

Just my sencd 2c added
02-24-2014, 03:01 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Like I said in the other thread, very good questions! I realise the representatives are not allowed to disclose all information. They have to be sensitive about it... But it has always been like that and still previous interviews looked many times more exciting. This is the most uninteresting feedback from Pentax ever. From their words, attitude and tone it seems like they don't even care at all.

EDIT: Mixing up interviews! But nevertheless, this one's boring.

Last edited by Clavius; 02-24-2014 at 03:46 AM.