Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 03:20 AM   #46
Pentaxian

I don't see the interview's video being posted, how on Earth were you able to judge their body language?

02-24-2014, 03:41 AM - 3 Likes   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I cannot believe I was *again* lured into this interview trap. It was a complete, utter waste of time for everyone involved: the interviewer, the interviewees and the readers.
02-24-2014, 03:52 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The flucard "soon after" February 27th? Uh-oh. I was USING the flucard delay to delay my K-3 purchase, because I really can't afford it right now - but with one less excuse to prop my failing will power against... argh. I can feel the pressure on my poor old credit card already...
02-24-2014, 03:56 AM   #49
Banned

Mr Kawauchi isn't exactly Tommy Lee Jones, and Mr Arai isn't exactly Daniel Day Lewis, to surprise us all with their body language and amazing performance that tells more than words.

But that's beside the point. It is true the answers are dry and it seemed they are not interested even in drawing a wider picture that may start excite their users.

As a comparison, Better Photography had a much better and more comprehensive answer from Mr Murano to just *one* question than PF in all answers from 18 questions.

When Mr Kawauchi is interviewed, users will surely be utterly disappointed as he just cuts in before he starts answering. He is the most annoying RI representative ever and if he is interviewed, it is best to find an excuse and go home. Maybe RI choses him to be the silenceperson when Pentax Forums asks for an interview, for some other journalists are able to pass beside him and have someone else for an interview.

02-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #50
Veteran Member

For exitement, or just a company that's alive and kicking, look elsewhere...

- A79 will be 32mp
- FF cameras will be 24 and 36mp A mount

- Hybrid camera will have Z shift
- Stacked sensor will probably be early to mid 2015 not late 2015
- OSPDAF in future cameras will work with most 3rd party lenses including tamron and sigma.
- 4k camera
- Triple deals, upon deals, upon deals...
- Bluetooth mic
- Sigma says they will produce Sony FE lenses
- & More coming...

sonyalpharumors
02-24-2014, 06:00 AM - 3 Likes   #51
Veteran Member

You really should have brought some alcohol to the party .

So, at least I now can add some answers to this list (CP+ 2013):

22 - We will continue to develop and release such products.
23 - We will still continue to put effort and development into manufacturing such items.
24 - We will continue to support that.
25 - We always care about compatibility.
26 - So, it depends.
27 - We will study the possibility in the future.
28 - We will consider the possibility if demand increases.
29 - This is not our first priority.
30 - We are not prioritizing this.
31 - We are ready to communicate.
32 - That’s all we can say at the moment.
33 - We cannot reply to this question fully.
34 - We cannot say more about this at the moment.
35 - We cannot talk about it yet.
36 - We hope this will be a big help.

Next time one should exclude these phrases (#1-36) from the list of possible answers.

As an alternative, one could also provide an answering form together with the questions:
o Yes - o No - o Maybe | Additional comment(s): .............

In principle, one could already have an educated guess of all replies:
o Yes - o No - X Maybe | Additional comment(s): #33, #36, #21, #20

Wrt the aperture coupler: "Do they really care about the wishes of the enthusiast user base? Nikon, in comparison, cared and realized such a feature."
02-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #52
Pentaxian

froeschle, they apparently have a habit to downplay every bit of information they're willing to share; for example saying that they're "looking into" technologies only months from their release to the market. We're used to companies talking in exaggerated, enthusiastic tone when they don't have nothing... but in this case, we have to deal with the opposite.
I wonder if we'll see a new AF motor this year.

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Mr Kawauchi isn't exactly Tommy Lee Jones, and Mr Arai isn't exactly Daniel Day Lewis, to surprise us all with their body language and amazing performance that tells more than words.
You still didn't mentioned how were you able to judge their body language.

02-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serpiente Quote
"As for the AF speed; at the moment the in-body torque is stronger, but we are also looking carefully into the development of faster lens-based motors."

Interesting A HD DA 300mm F4 AW with a new kind of motor would be awesome
Yes they acknowledge that there are limitations in their "high end" Da* series and they confirm they are working to solve the issue. Cool.
I Wonder why after all these tests about AF-C capabilities of the K3 nobody else points out this interesting sentence
02-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
they should need to provide professional services, that is a very big factor why professionals choose Canon and Nikon..
An incredibly expensive undertaking which we would ALL pay for in the prices of ALL Pentax equipment, whether we use Professional Services or don't.
02-24-2014, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

They pretty much didnt say anything except that they are not making fast lenses a priority Yes, who would want to be able to keep ISO low and shoot cleaner indoor shots??
02-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
They pretty much didnt say anything except that they are not making fast lenses a priority Yes, who would want to be able to keep ISO low and shoot cleaner indoor shots??
I know what you mean... But imagine the price of fast Pentax lenses. Those will be even higher then their already highly priced slow lenses.
02-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #57

Thanks for posting the CP+ interview Q&A. Very sad the lack of enthusiasm Pentax/Ricoh reps displayed their "answers". They should revamp entire Public Relations office, that being they have one to begin with. Disconnect with the consumer is growing to a breakiing point.
02-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #58

Photos: Albums
Some are looking for a full frame, some are looking for compact camera, some are looking for betters af motors, some are looking for da aperture coupler ...

And some don't matters and are making enormous pictures with their very well balanced K body ... It's the oldiest story of the world ... THE GREANEST GRASS ...

But how many of us do realy regulary have been locked and realy limited while using the enormous k3 and with such an emergency ?

isn't it just a simple complex introduced by the others while they don't have limited lenses, full wr ... ;-)

If tomorrow, god was coming and taking all your ricoh pack and gives you same elements with a d600 ... What will you say ? " Ok i'm a ff photographer, i 'll be famous ! "... Telling that af points are more centered when users talk of that point since the FF was launched ? Asking when will Nikon gives more double cross and 2.8 sensors as sensibles than -3il like Ricoh do with k3 ? Asking when will nikon gives you in this segment better wr ? asking when will Nikon gives you a monitor that rotate viewing setting when in portrait mode ? ... A better memory for continuous shooting ? Asking for a medium format ? Asking for a pro apsc ?...

In each paturage you will see advantages and disavantages ... it's the logical market rule and evolution ...

Grass is not more green anywhere else ... each others have advantages ... Just choose the system that gives you pleasure and just shoot, no maters what your interpretation of one could say can be because none of them could speak free ... and you won't know the true story in the name of "industrial and commercial strategy" ... and it doesn't matter ! ... ;-) the only frustation you should have is not in what camera you have or will have or not ... it's on your picture "famousness" ... ;-)

The only thing that matter is : Do you take pleasure using your camera ? Does it permit you to take all the pictures that you want ? Does its functionality gives you entire satisfaction ? Do you say "woahooo" when viewing your print pictures -> if not : is it you fault or the camera/manufacturer/Segment model one ?

Just saying : "Ricoh is dead" because there's no anoncement for a FF this Month is just like saying "Nikon is dead" because there's no anoncement of a pro apsc this month or MF this month ... it's not real information just a personal point of view ... just like saying " Oh my god !!!!!! what appened ????!!!!! i couldn't take pictures anymore with this system !!!! it 's unbelieavable and unuseable !!!! they didn't anounced a new camera this month !!! ... So looser they are !!!!!!! ... i won't shoot with anymore ... i'm gonna die ... " (joking) ...

isn't it ?
02-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup. Now let's brace ourselves for the "wah, there's no FF yet" onslaught
Pentax/Ricoh needs to replace their entire PR staff of "experts" and start listening to its consumers. Action speaks louder then words...and the lack of both at the CP+ show points to a dimming future.
02-24-2014, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Faster than f/1.4, they said.

As for the supposed lack of enthusiasm, probably people were expecting something like this:
Wrong company, folks!