Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CP+ 2014 Interview Posted

Here's our exclusive interview with Pentax representatives. It took place at the Pentax HQ due to the cancellation of the CP+ show itself on the scheduled interview date. Enjoy!

CP+ 2014 Interview with Pentax in Japan - CP+ 2014 - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Unfortunately, as secretive as ever...
02-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yup. Now let's brace ourselves for the "wah, there's no FF yet" onslaught

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the post... well at least there's a date for Flucard!

02-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

There is only one useful information. About Flucard.
02-23-2014, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #6
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup. Now let's brace ourselves for the "wah, there's no FF yet" onslaught
Pentax is doomed. There is no Full Frame! PENTAX IS DOOMED!
02-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

As I mention when you ask wich question to ask them , that Japanese company dont talk much and this is exactly what this interview is all about . If peoples have big expectation from any interview with Pentax /Ricoh , it's clear they are wrong that they will answer like an open book . Oh yes, Apple is not different and they are here in America

02-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam.
02-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
As I mention when you ask wich question to ask them , that Japanese company dont talk much and this is exactly what this interview is all about . If peoples have big expectation from any interview with Pentax /Ricoh , it's clear they are wrong that they will answer like an open book . Oh yes, Apple is not different and they are here in America
I was expecting to hear a bit more from them as well, especially considering the fact that unlike in previous interviews, this was was conducted at the HQ where the reps were not rushed or in a hurry to get to the next interview.

Still, based on some of the things that were said it seems the company is still on the right track and that good things are to come.

Adam

02-23-2014, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #10
Banned

They say, "One compact can have the Ricoh name and the other the Pentax name."

Just a few weeks ago, the RIAC spokesperson said, " "As you will note, the WG-4 and WG-20 series are the first [compact cameras] to bear the Ricoh name. As such, I wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate our commitment to the historical PENTAX brand. The PENTAX name will continue to appear on all of our interchangeable lens cameras, lenses and sport optics, while the Ricoh name will be reserved for our compact cameras."

What a lovely, thoroughly exciting and very consistent company.
02-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
They say, "One compact can have the Ricoh name and the other the Pentax name."

Just a few weeks ago, the RIAC spokesperson said, " "As you will note, the WG-4 and WG-20 series are the first [compact cameras] to bear the Ricoh name. As such, I wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate our commitment to the historical PENTAX brand. The PENTAX name will continue to appear on all of our interchangeable lens cameras, lenses and sport optics, while the Ricoh name will be reserved for our compact cameras."

What a lovely, thoroughly exciting and very consistent company.
I think they are talking about different kinds of compact cameras. While they may drop the Ricoh name on the WG series, it wouldnt seem prudent to drop a Ricoh name on a body like the MX-1.

Frankly, I am sick of everyone complaining about Ricoh putting their name on the cameras. There are two sides of this coin. Continue using the equipment you love that only has a minor name change. Or Pentax goes out of business you all of your gear becoming defunct with zero support and no new releases.

I surely wish they wouldnt continue being so secretive, Give some of a little morsel to hang on to
02-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I think they are talking about different kinds of compact cameras. While they may drop the Ricoh name on the WG series, it wouldnt seem prudent to drop a Ricoh name on a body like the MX-1.

Frankly, I am sick of everyone complaining about Ricoh putting their name on the cameras. There are two sides of this coin. Continue using the equipment you love that only has a minor name change. Or Pentax goes out of business you all of your gear becoming defunct with zero support and no new releases.

I surely wish they wouldnt continue being so secretive, Give some of a little morsel to hang on to
It is not an issue of a name badge on the camera.
It is the issue of a much larger question of a company's integrity and values it cherishes as a platform to start communicating effectively with its audience. Thus far, they don't deliver there, which may indicate a company in some state of confusion.

Last edited by Uluru; 02-23-2014 at 03:05 PM.
02-23-2014, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

It is an issue of nitpicking and finding fault everywhere.
Oh, yeah, someone at RIAC (which is not Ricoh Imaging Japan) said that "the Ricoh name will be reserved for our compact cameras". Maybe he didn't meant it as "all compact cameras will be branded Ricoh" but "we won't use the Ricoh name for ILCs". Great finding, detective Uluru - but where's the lack of integrity here?

As for the interview, thanks, Adam. Not a lot of information, but some interesting tidbits here and there.
I'm curios about Imaging Resource's.
02-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It is an issue of nitpicking and finding fault everywhere.
Oh, yeah, someone at RIAC (which is not Ricoh Imaging Japan) said that "the Ricoh name will be reserved for our compact cameras". Maybe he didn't meant it as "all compact cameras will be branded Ricoh" but "we won't use the Ricoh name for ILCs". Great finding, detective Uluru - but where's the lack of integrity here?

As for the interview, thanks, Adam. Not a lot of information, but some interesting tidbits here and there.
I'm curios about Imaging Resource's.
You indeed try to defend their each mistake and stunt.
I have pointed this out before as it illustrates that company is not communicating effectively inside, so any attempt to conclude anything from the outside will be disappointing. In fact such behaviour may indicate the company is in far greater state of confusion / late delivery / unable to meet goals / thus constantly changing focus, etc. than users are allowed to know.
02-23-2014, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Pentax Forums, thanks for the great write-up. That includes Adam but also some unnamed others, for example I'm sure there was a translator. Whoever you mysterious people are, thanks so much.