Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax ad on the radio this morning

Steve Weiss, President of Creve Couer Camera which has at least 7 locations in the St. Louis area was just on the radio talking about how he is a sports shooter, and an employee went to shoot a Nascar race......

and the Pentax delivered oh-so-much better images and the lenses are superior.....for sports! 8) cool. maybe that was aimed at soccer moms?

04-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Is there a place on the net we can listen to it?

(Ned Bunnell, I'm lookin' at you...)
04-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #3

Ad in Backpacker Magazine

Just an FYI and only slightly related, but I did see a Pentax ad in this month's 'Backpacker' magazine. It was for the K20D and the K200D - emphasized the weather sealing and versatility.
04-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
front cover Pop Photo I believe had Pentax add

04-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i dont know, i listen to the classical music station. i woke up that morning [alarm clock radio] listening to Steve talk about pentax pentax pentax for about a minute....instead of a good energetic violin piece that they usually have going at that time..

i could try to look it up....
04-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i dont really think i'll be able to find it.
i need to talk to creve coeur camera hq soon, i can ask then i guess
04-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Soccer Moms

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
Steve Weiss, President of Creve Couer Camera which has at least 7 locations in the St. Louis area was just on the radio talking about how he is a sports shooter, and an employee went to shoot a Nascar race......

and the Pentax delivered oh-so-much better images and the lenses are superior.....for sports! 8) cool. maybe that was aimed at soccer moms?
MJB - the usual profile for the classical station in St. Louis is 50-ish men with decidedly uncool hair (kinda . . . ME!) <grin>

Interesting Creve Couer Camera was advertising there at wake-up - and Steve was talking about Pentax.

I was recently in CCC's West County / Olive & Ballas store (upper-middle-class suburb filled with Range Rovers) grazing the used department about 2:00 on a weekday and it was crawling with 40-ish women. One Counter salesman was showing a K20D w/ a 50-200 - I actually looked twice to be sure I wasn't seeing things.

I almost bought a really nice 645 & 75mm w/ 2 220 backs, but then I realized that would open an entirely new department of LBA, so I restrained myself.

All the good used stuff is in back anyway, and once they get you in there it's REALLY hard to get out with the college fund intact.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-18-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling
04-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Have sold more K20Ds to women than men. One with 16-50 & 50-135 lenses. Knows how to use them too.
thanks
barondla

04-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I heard that radio commercial again today. This time around 1p.m.

K, now that it wasnt six am with me groggy and fumbling in the dark i know a little more.

In the commercial, steve says that he and one of his employees go shoot some nascar and when they get back, they compare shots and the pentax is "superior" in color and...i think he said resolution too, cant remember.

...then in the commercial he says he goes on vacation to florida or something and takes a couple of brands of underwater P&S cameras and goes underwater and shoots still and video on them...

in this case as the pentax is "superior again" in color and resolution, i think he said something about the flash/lighting...not remembering clearly.

creve couer camera in st. louis carries pentax, canon, nikon, minolta, olympus...sheeeiit you name it, they provide it with the best customer service i've ever had! 8)
{they MADE me(in a nice way) put my 16-50 on layaway when i told them it would be a YEAR before I could pick it up} haha...it took 7 months which is way past the 90 day limit....no extra charge. i love those guys.

Creve Coeur Camera sells,DigitalCameras,Camcorders,Lenses,Binoculars,Tripods,Filters,Used Cameras from Nikon,Canon,Pentax,Olympus,Samsung,Sony,LowePro,Tamrac,Fuji,Promaster,Sigma,Digital cameras,DSLR,10 megapixel,8 megapixel,Flash Accessories,Photogr
04-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
MJB - the usual profile for the classical station in St. Louis is 50-ish men with decidedly uncool hair (kinda . . . ME!) <grin>

Interesting Creve Couer Camera was advertising there at wake-up - and Steve was talking about Pentax.

I was recently in CCC's West County / Olive & Ballas store (upper-middle-class suburb filled with Range Rovers) grazing the used department about 2:00 on a weekday and it was crawling with 40-ish women. One Counter salesman was showing a K20D w/ a 50-200 - I actually looked twice to be sure I wasn't seeing things.

I almost bought a really nice 645 & 75mm w/ 2 220 backs, but then I realized that would open an entirely new department of LBA, so I restrained myself.

All the good used stuff is in back anyway, and once they get you in there it's REALLY hard to get out with the college fund intact.

couple of things...
crawling with women? im there!! jk, i'll be a good young man when i go there....
270 and olive right?

the good used stuff is in back?
you mean, the used stuff over on the leftwhen you walk in isnt everything they have? i need to check that out.

99.1 is for 50ish men with uncool hair?
shhheeeit
i IMPLORE you
turn up the bass on an energetic cello piece, tweak the treble a little so it doesnt hurt
and CRANK it!!
feel your hair get blown back in a very cool way, feel your heart accelerate...dont get too young during this exercise. i suggest about 25 or thirty.
bring a date if she can take the heat.

oh yeah, those string pieces are not for the faint of heart baby!
haha

see ya

mitch

Last edited by MJB DIGITAL; 04-21-2008 at 05:19 PM.
04-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
JMS

I work at a smaller shop- but I've already sold 1 K200D set in the 2 weeks it's been here.
04-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
front cover Pop Photo I believe had Pentax add
Inside front cover, and facing page. "A toast to the most tightly sealed cameras in their class"
04-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

the cure I use for bad thin 50 ish uncool hair, crank up Foreigner's "Feels like the first Time" of course Pentax could use that in a new ad campaign.

Larry
Pentax SL, ME Super, ist DL, K20D
04-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Good job JMS. Sold a K200D setup today also. New grip is nice.
thanks
barondla
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #15

When the hair line's been racing (racing backwards) for years and the short back and sides is all that is left, I went for the BW (Bruce Willis) special. haha