Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
RaduA

Glorious K20D review @ TrustedReviews!!!!!!!!

10/10 for features and value and 9/10 for Image quality and overall. And of course an Editor's choice award.

Quote 1: "This is the most powerful semi-pro DSLR in the world, and will blow your head clean off. "

Quote 2: "Despite having recently reviewed the Canon EOS 40D and Nikon D300, the Pentax K20D still managed to impress me straight out of the box".

Link: Pentax K20D digital SLR - TrustedReviews

Have fun!
Radu

04-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Getting a little too excited, aren't we?
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen it
04-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

And the best part is, we obviously know we can trust that review. Because, otherwise, they couldn't call it that, right?

04-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Getting a little too excited, aren't we?
I really fail to see the relevance of your reply. I posted a very fresh review from a reputable site and in quotes are their remarks not mine. Other people may be interested.

BTW congrats on your K100D, better read the 200 something manual instead of making funny (and useless) remarks.
04-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Ah yes, typical Romanian "snappy" comebacks and slightly insulting remarks. See... that's why I don't frequent local forums. If your thread has "!!!!!!!!" at the end, what else is one supposed to think?

And thank you, but I already knew most of the controls and layout long before I owned the camera.
04-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Ah yes, typical Romanian "snappy" comebacks and slightly insulting remarks. See... that's why I don't frequent local forums. If your thread has "!!!!!!!!" at the end, what else is one supposed to think?

And thank you, but I already knew most of the controls and layout long before I owned the camera.
Now I understand why Europe has a major war every 40 years or so....Gee I miss Canada.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 04-18-2008 at 02:49 PM.
04-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Now I understand why Europe has a major war every 40 years or so....Gee I miss Canada.

Ben
Come now, Benjamin. It's been over 60 years since the last major war.
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Come now, Benjamin. It's been over 60 years since the last major war.
That is an improvement...
04-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
RaduA

This is exactly why I don't frequent romanian forums either. So that we (2 romanian) can argue in english on a foreign forum. Pls understand what is bothering me: this forum is about sharing knowledge not your (too) good impression about yourself. So, stop beeing such a smart a$$ if you have nothing to say about to what this forum is about (Pentax knowledge and cameras in general). If you commented about the review then no offence!

BTW there was nothing insulting in my remarks ... I was trying to calm your ego down a bit. I am sure I was (and still am) unsuccesfull.

And I was 110% sure that you knew the K100D better that it's designers before you had one. And, of course you know even better K20D and all the Canons and all the cameras even if you seen most of them only in pictures. Your posts are full of inuendos about your vaste experience with so many cameras yet I didn't saw ONE advice from your deep knowledge.

Unfortunatelly I am here to learn some more. This is why I don't want your worthless remarks directed to me. Otherwise pls feel free to embarass yourself it's a free forum after all.

I don't think I have anything more to say to you, my time is limited unlike yours. You must know this better than me ... the K20D manual has 282 pages.
04-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Ben
You are welcome back anytime you want. Europe's loss, our gain.
04-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
You are welcome back anytime you want. Europe's loss, our gain.
C'est pas possible...dans mon metier c'est Paris, New York ou Londre...Dommage! Non?
04-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Dommage! Non?
how much french did you learn while in Toronto, Ben? i find most people forget most of their High School French very quickly
04-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Radu, methinks you have to come with some relevant evidence to support your claims, otherwise please stop clogging up the thread with flame bait.

Not to be completely off-topic, the review seems quite in favour of the new K20D, but I can't help feeling it is a bit biased. Either that, or I'm just not used to reading glowing reviews about Pentax cameras.

Wired magazine rated the K20D as high as Canon's 40D; almost as high as the D300.

Weather sealing, lens compatibility and very good pricing seem to be big bonuses.
04-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
how much french did you learn while in Toronto, Ben? i find most people forget most of their High School French very quickly
Ziltch...Learned it all in France.

Ben