Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #256
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slovenija
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 145
QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote
Im so in love with this.....Hassellblad, Mamiya and Phase Onse, be scared!!
Yes they are scared because Pentax has flash synchro 1/125 sec and no leaf shutter lense in line up

04-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #257
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2008
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 426
Most are heavy crops. This one is nearly full frame and shows it is possible to shoot birds in flight with a manual focus lens (although the miss rate is pretty high). 645D, 600mm.

04-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #258
Pentaxian
cali92rs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,347
If this 645z is really going to be 8500, it will be a game changer.
04-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #259
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Innsbruck
Posts: 283
maybe pentax really makes MF the new FF.
slightly bigger price (now) and if a mirrorless would ever happen and might even be the size of a 1Dx or things like that.

a little bit more power to the CPUs etc and we are at 6FPS in MF.... ok just let me check where i can find a nice 1exabyte HDD.

04-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #260
Veteran Member
eurostar's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Albareto, Italy
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 821
QuoteOriginally posted by dfujevec Quote
Yes they are scared because Pentax has flash synchro 1/125 sec and no leaf shutter lense in line up
So these don't exists?



04-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #261
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,973
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
So these don't exists?
There are 2 old lenses. Not produced for a long time and it could be used with 645D with some limitations.
04-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #262
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
maybe pentax really makes MF the new FF.
slightly bigger price (now) and if a mirrorless would ever happen and might even be the size of a 1Dx or things like that..
Actually, the FF will be of the sort that will make users exclaim "WTH ...." But in a positive way.
Remember from the interviews, how Pentax expressed a care that the FF does not spoil the APS-C K-mount offerings, and yet that is does not start a whole new mount and lenses, complicate matters and enrage current customers?
Well, they have a brilliant solution, and many will wonder why on Earth everyone else didn't think of it before?
04-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #263
Pentaxian
Belnan's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 487
Uluru... WTH

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Actually, the FF will be of the sort that will make users exclaim "WTH ...." But in a positive way.
Remember from the interviews, how Pentax expressed a care that the FF does not spoil the APS-C K-mount offerings, and yet that is does not start a whole new mount and lenses, complicate matters and enrage current customers?
Well, they have a brilliant solution, and many will wonder why on Earth everyone else didn't think of it before?

Come on give us a hint. You cant just tease us like that.

04-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #264
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,019
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
You cant just tease us like that.
Oh yes he can. And if he really knows, he no doubt has to.
04-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #265
mee
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,491
I'd rather have the FF body and lenses over MF if only for size/heft/bulkiness of the MF... not to mention cost of the system The IQ, however, is phenomenal. I'd love to try Brenizer style Panoramas with one and a fast lens (and a rack of hard drives haha).
04-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #266
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
maybe pentax really makes MF the new FF.
slightly bigger price (now) and if a mirrorless would ever happen and might even be the size of a 1Dx or things like that.

a little bit more power to the CPUs etc and we are at 6FPS in MF.... ok just let me check where i can find a nice 1exabyte HDD.
I was suggesting this a year or more ago and was decried by many due to the quality of EVF and after trying a few I can understand why. But a MILMFC would probably be the same size as a D800 and if it had a FF crop mode that would pretty my allow people to transition to both formats who have a few FF lenses and encourage buyers to enter the MF lens market.
04-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #267
mee
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I was suggesting this a year or more ago and was decried by many due to the quality of EVF and after trying a few I can understand why. But a MILMFC would probably be the same size as a D800 and if it had a FF crop mode that would pretty my allow people to transition to both formats who have a few FF lenses and encourage buyers to enter the MF lens market.
Except for the price..

For 4683.90 USD right now you can buy a D800 and a Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 ED lens. That leaves one with 3816.10 USD from the quoted 8500 USD price for the 645Z body alone to be used on any other range of lenses or accessories they want (primes/macro/flashes). I suspect if there ever is a digital Pentax FF, it would be at or less than the D800 pricing.
04-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #268
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
(Smart) Videographers will go crazy after the 645Z because of the look the HD movies will get.
If the DR is sufficient, and I believe this sensor can deliver there, then this can come closer to the truer film quality than anything else out there.

It is all in the lenses (and also in DR possible with this new sensor) — telecentric MF lenses will render quality and feeling seldom seen, which will remind more of the grand films made on 65 mm Eastman than on today's off-the-shelf digital.

Last edited by Uluru; 04-13-2014 at 06:52 PM.
04-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #269
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
645MZ Anyone?

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Except for the price..

For 4683.90 USD right now you can buy a D800 and a Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 ED lens. That leaves one with 3816.10 USD from the quoted 8500 USD price for the 645Z body alone to be used on any other range of lenses or accessories they want (primes/macro/flashes). I suspect if there ever is a digital Pentax FF, it would be at or less than the D800 pricing.
Even less if you grab the Tamron 24-70 instead. I tested both lenses and bought the Tamron as I felt it was way better up until around 60mm.

I was talking about a mirrorless MF camera, which would probably be much cheaper than the 645Z. Maybe call it a 645MZ
04-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #270
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,393
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
For 4683.90 USD right now you can buy a D800 and a Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 ED lens. That leaves one with 3816.10 USD from the quoted 8500 USD price for the 645Z body alone
You are looking at the wrong price lists:
- 50MP Phase One IQ 250: US$34,990
- 50MP Hasselblad H5D-50c: €20,900 (~US$29,000)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, alphabet, camera, design, dimension, fall, ff, format, hasselblad, issue, leica, lenses, letter, nikon, omega, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, phase, photographers, photos, price, production, reputation, ricoh, sensor, zero
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7-day countdown to Borneo frogoutofwater General Talk 4 02-20-2014 08:32 AM
Countdown to the Upcoming new Pentax products. i83N Pentax News and Rumors 21 03-25-2013 07:47 AM
It's the final countdown! Adam Pentax News and Rumors 12 05-20-2012 09:09 AM
Anybody own the Z-5, Z-5p, or Z-70p? Adam Pentax Film SLR Discussion 3 08-11-2011 03:24 PM
z-5/z-5p vs z-1/z-1p mdmitriy Pentax Film SLR Discussion 10 03-11-2009 10:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top