Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #31
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,329
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Guess I'll have to clean out the spare bedroom.
Are you assuming a particular gender, there?

04-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #32
Pentaxian
g026r's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,408
I prefer the adhesive tape in the camera:

QuoteQuote:
Sensor cleaning by ultrasound - The dust is collected by means of adhesive tape in the camera
But what type of tape? Scotch? Masking? Duck? And how many cleanings before I have to replace it?

04-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #33
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Looks like the 645D / K7 strategy.
Yes,also parts of the K-3 are twice in the 645Z.
Processor twice,buffer also twice.
Same style like to 645D times.
Maybe the same in the 35mm Pentax,than we get a fast fullframe if they are using also double style.
Best regards
04-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #34
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 401
It appears they have managed to get shake-reduction to work for the much larger sensor!

I guess that answers whether we can expect to see SR on a FF body....

Apart from the SR, I don't see any big surprises, or new features we could expect to see in a FF camera.

04-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #35
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,253
It's an in-lens SR used (so far only) in the D FA645 90mm lens. No surprise here.

asahi man: it doesn't appear to have twice the buffer - are you sure about that?
04-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #36
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 401
Oh ok, my bad.

So, really nothing new to get excited about then...
04-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #37
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,120
QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
It appears they have managed to get shake-reduction to work for the much larger sensor!

I guess that answers whether we can expect to see SR on a FF body....

Apart from the SR, I don't see any big surprises, or new features we could expect to see in a FF camera.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's an in-lens SR used (so far only) in the D FA645 90mm lens. No surprise here.

Yeah, I too think it is referring to the in-lens SR, but confusingly it is listed under the "Sensor Technology" section.
04-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #38
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,253
QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Oh ok, my bad.

So, really nothing new to get excited about then...
Except the new sensor. And the new AF system. And the ability to shoot at 3fps with a decent buffer. And the FluCard wireless tethering. And the movie mode, and Live View with focus peaking. And the price.
Apart from that, I guess there's nothing new. And being the only stabilized solution in the DMF market I guess it's unimportant

04-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #39
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 401
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Yeah, I too think it is referring to the in-lens SR, but confusingly it is listed under the "Sensor Technology" section.
Yeah, that's why I thought it was sensor-based.

I guess little new tech here means the engineers have been free to work on 'other' things....

---------- Post added 04-13-14 at 09:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Except the new sensor. And the new AF system. And the ability to shoot at 3fps with a decent buffer. And the FluCard wireless tethering. And the movie mode, and Live View with focus peaking. And the price.
Apart from that, I guess there's nothing new. And being the only stabilized solution in the DMF market I guess it's unimportant
Most (except the sensor) contained in the K-3.

By 'new' I meant new tech developments for Pentax. The sensor doesn't count, that's a Sony development.

No need to get touchy, I was just commenting that there aren't any exciting new indications of what we might see in future cameras...

Last edited by Poit; 04-12-2014 at 04:21 PM.
04-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,336
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Yes,also parts of the K-3 are twice in the 645Z.
Processor twice,buffer also twice.
Same style like to 645D times.
Maybe the same in the 35mm Pentax,than we get a fast fullframe if they are using also double style.
Best regards
A small version of the Medium Format camera rather than a large version of the APSc camera would certainly qualify as different. Apologies for the thread hijack. Stopping now.
04-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #41
Senior Member
MMVIII's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 239
This thread needs a picture
04-12-2014, 05:10 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Forum Member
cardnick's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 58
Now with a Very Professional and high level camera like this Ricoh/Pentax needs to add professional support like wired tethering into capture one and lightroom.
04-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #43
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 401
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
A small version of the Medium Format camera rather than a large version of the APSc camera would certainly qualify as different. Apologies for the thread hijack. Stopping now.
Hmmm...and theoretically speaking how would a small version of the Medium Format camera differ to a large version of the APS-c camera?

Body style? Lense mount? Control layout?

Be still my enquiring mind!
04-12-2014, 05:18 PM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,253
QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
No need to get touchy, I was just commenting that there aren't any exciting new indications of what we might see in future cameras...
I'm not touchy. I just consider this a significant step forward for the medium format market, so I'm a bit amazed at all the yawns and "OK, what's next"s on the Internet.
04-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #45
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,700
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Except the new sensor. And the new AF system. And the ability to shoot at 3fps with a decent buffer. And the FluCard wireless tethering. And the movie mode, and Live View with focus peaking. And the price.
Apart from that, I guess there's nothing new. And being the only stabilized solution in the DMF market I guess it's unimportant
and the release of a bunch of lenses in the US to fill out the roadmap.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645z, art, ca, der, information, jpeg, kamera, mit, nr, pentax news, pentax rumors, processor, specs, style
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
645Z with HD video? derekkite Pentax News and Rumors 20 04-12-2014 05:03 AM
K-3 Specs leaked - 24MP APS-C LFLee Pentax News and Rumors 154 10-07-2013 02:58 AM
No more K-01 on Ricoh/Pentax website? jon404 Pentax K-01 11 09-28-2013 07:47 PM
setting the ISO when filming in full HD chrismaris Pentax K-5 3 11-12-2011 04:23 PM
No ISO 51,200? Official Pentax site says 12,800 MAX! K-9 Pentax News and Rumors 6 09-20-2010 07:43 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top