Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #76
Pentaxian
philbaum's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Port Townsend, Washington State, USA
Posts: 3,659
So how do normal video cams take their movies - do they use an electronic shutter or some incredibly durable mechanical one - anyone know?

04-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #77
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
So how do normal video cams take their movies - do they use an electronic shutter or some incredibly durable mechanical one - anyone know?
They use the electronic shutter, so for video in our dslr there is only one count on the shuttercount. For timelapse in K-3/K-50/K-30/K-01 there is a different one and every image (timelapse from 1 second up to one hour (if I'm correct) counts for one on the shuttercount.

Leaving the shutter op and LiveView on for the whole timelapse to be taken with the 645Z would heat up the sensor to much.
04-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #78
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,542
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Leaving the shutter op and LiveView on for the whole timelapse to be taken with the 645Z would heat up the sensor to much.
Is there any reason live view would need to stay on though? Most of the time lapses I've seen involved parking the camera on a tripod or something with a preprogrammed movement, once setup and running there's no need to see what it will be taking pictures of.
04-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #79
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,801
I guess one could use a 645 leaf shutter lens if anyone was too worried about body shuttercount. I believe there were/are a few Pentax 645 leaf shutter lenses.

04-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #80
Pentaxian
philbaum's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Port Townsend, Washington State, USA
Posts: 3,659
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
They use the electronic shutter, so for video in our dslr there is only one count on the shuttercount. For timelapse in K-3/K-50/K-30/K-01 there is a different one and every image (timelapse from 1 second up to one hour (if I'm correct) counts for one on the shuttercount.

Leaving the shutter op and LiveView on for the whole timelapse to be taken with the 645Z would heat up the sensor to much.
Thanks Ron for the info! On my Nex 6, they can be left in video for 60 minutes without overheating. But thats aps sensor not a MF sensor. And heat generally doesn't do good things for noise so there's that. All depends on how its designed I suppose. For a $9000 MF, i would hope they would consult the experts on what they want.
04-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #81
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,851
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I guess one could use a 645 leaf shutter lens if anyone was too worried about body shuttercount. I believe there were/are a few Pentax 645 leaf shutter lenses.
Two to be exact, but they aren't available new AFAIK:

645 LS Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-15-2014, 01:23 AM   #82
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,247
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Two to be exact, but they aren't available new AFAIK:

645 LS Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
New ones being able to communicate with the body so the body is aware of special LS nature of the lens.
That would essentially work like Mamiya/Hasselblad for those for who this is important.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645z, art, ca, der, information, jpeg, kamera, mit, nr, pentax news, pentax rumors, processor, specs, style
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
645Z with HD video? derekkite Pentax News and Rumors 20 04-12-2014 05:03 AM
K-3 Specs leaked - 24MP APS-C LFLee Pentax News and Rumors 154 10-07-2013 02:58 AM
No more K-01 on Ricoh/Pentax website? jon404 Pentax K-01 11 09-28-2013 07:47 PM
setting the ISO when filming in full HD chrismaris Pentax K-5 3 11-12-2011 04:23 PM
No ISO 51,200? Official Pentax site says 12,800 MAX! K-9 Pentax News and Rumors 6 09-20-2010 07:43 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top