Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
Thanks for answering my early question even though it wasn't exactly on-topic I've got one more: When will high-ISO samples be available?
Not sure, but we will get them posted as soon as they are available.

04-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Are there any video samples available? Video is not a market Pentax really goes after, but depending on how the video is processed off the sensor it could be very good or very bad from a sensor this big. I'd be interested in any thoughts you might have on how it works with the 645Z. Thanks!
04-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eliallan Quote
Are there any video samples available? Video is not a market Pentax really goes after, but depending on how the video is processed off the sensor it could be very good or very bad from a sensor this big. I'd be interested in any thoughts you might have on how it works with the 645Z. Thanks!
No samples yet, but members of the press seemed very excited when we briefed them on the camera. The 645Z should offer shallower depth of field and more dynamic range than cameras with smaller sensors.
04-14-2014, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
JC thank you for answering questions and spending some time here. It is very much appreciated and hope you will consider doing something similar in the future. The community here very much wants to learn about and support Pentax and the best way to build a mutual relationship is with dialog.

Thanks again!

04-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Any chance of an adapter and crop modes?
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
JC thank you for answering questions and spending some time here. It is very much appreciated and hope you will consider doing something similar in the future. The community here very much wants to learn about and support Pentax and the best way to build a mutual relationship is with dialog.

Thanks again!
You are very welcome. We are always lurking in the background listening to what is said on Pentax Forums (not in an "NSA" way), but will try to take a more active roll.

Last edited by JCPentax; 04-14-2014 at 07:11 PM.
04-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I didn't see it mentioned in the specs, but I assume max sync speed is still 1/180

04-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I didn't see it mentioned in the specs, but I assume max sync speed is still 1/180
1/125s as per the specs

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #24
Veteran Member

It seems the only advantage that medium format rivals have over the Pentax offering is leaf shutter lenses for high speed studio sync. What solution do you offer for professional studio photographers who need fasts sync speeds with studio flash?
04-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
The 645Z will be available through our retail partners nationwide as well as on the web store. We have been talking to them about this camera for several weeks and there is a lot of excitement at retail.

---------- Post added 04-14-2014 at 07:17 PM ----------

We are absolutely making a huge push with medium format. There is a tremendous opportunity for Ricoh Imaging due to the specifications and the price of the 645Z.
What a difference from the 645D launch, when (IIRC) you were not sure if there is a large enough market! Could you comment a bit about what was changed since then? It's Hoya vs. Ricoh? Something else? Thank you.

P.S. Thanks for not giving up on us