Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #16
TAP
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
TIPA has just given the K-3 the "Best Expert DSLR" award, a title which was previously also given to the K10D back in 2007.
Pentax K-3: Best Expert DSLR (TIPA 2014) - Pentax News- Pentax Camera Forums

In other news, the Sony A7R won the best professional mirrorless category, and a lot of love was given to the Fuji X-T1 within the expert mirrorless category. The Nikon 1 AW1 mirrorless won be "best rugged compact" category, which makes it the first ILC with the distinction. The Nikon D4s, Df, D3300 and Canon 70D also won other DSLR categories.

Sigma won best photographic service for their mount conversion service, and their 18-200mm lens (which is still unavailable for Pentax) won best entry-level lens.

The Thule Perspektiv series won "best photo bag"- will have to try one out to see if it's really the best
I was about to comment on how DPReview has still neglected to review the K-3 in the 5 months since the camera was released. How the K-3 was voted best DSLR of 2013 on their own website, by their own users. How many comments went unanswered but... I just checked DPReview, and they FINALLY got around to giving the K-3 a proper review 2 weeks ago, just in time for the TIPA Award.

About. Damn. Time.

[Edit: Sorry if this is old news. I was late to the party and just couldn't contain myself!]

04-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is that luck or good research?
I still use my K10D, and bought my wife a K-X.
I plan on upgrading to the K3 this summer.
In the camera club we go to, the K10D has features that the new Nikons and Canon users still don't have. Knew it was THE camera to buy in 2007, just never realized how true that was until lately.
04-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Let's see, from the homepage, the three other Pentax DSLRs that have been recognized by TIPA in the past:
2007: Pentax K10D (Best Expert DSLR). Pentax Corporation is forcibly acquired by Hoya and cease to exist. People are borrowing money like crazy.
2010: Pentax K-x (Best Entry-Level DSLR). Hoya is talking about cost cutting and cancels lenses from the roadmap. The global financial crisis deepens.
2011: Pentax 645D (Best Professional DSLR). Hoya is selling Pentax Imaging to Ricoh. The Fukushima disaster happens.
What will happen this time???
World banks, which created last financial crisis, will give money back to customers.