Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 02:08 AM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3: Best Expert DSLR (TIPA 2014 award)

TIPA has just given the K-3 the "Best Expert DSLR" award, a title which was previously also given to the K10D back in 2007.
Pentax K-3: Best Expert DSLR (TIPA 2014) - Pentax News- Pentax Camera Forums

In other news, the Sony A7R won the best professional mirrorless category, and a lot of love was given to the Fuji X-T1 within the expert mirrorless category. The Nikon 1 AW1 mirrorless won be "best rugged compact" category, which makes it the first ILC with the distinction. The Nikon D4s, Df, D3300 and Canon 70D also won other DSLR categories.

Sigma won best photographic service for their mount conversion service, and their 18-200mm lens (which is still unavailable for Pentax) won best entry-level lens.

The Thule Perspektiv series won "best photo bag"- will have to try one out to see if it's really the best

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Great news, I wonder if it will win this years GP.
04-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The Thule Perspektiv series won "best photo bag"- will have to try one out to see if it's really the best
Looks like a great bag!

04-23-2014, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Congratulations to them...but they're still DOOMED!!!

04-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Let's see, from the homepage, the three other Pentax DSLRs that have been recognized by TIPA in the past:
2007: Pentax K10D (Best Expert DSLR). Pentax Corporation is forcibly acquired by Hoya and cease to exist. People are borrowing money like crazy.
2010: Pentax K-x (Best Entry-Level DSLR). Hoya is talking about cost cutting and cancels lenses from the roadmap. The global financial crisis deepens.
2011: Pentax 645D (Best Professional DSLR). Hoya is selling Pentax Imaging to Ricoh. The Fukushima disaster happens.
What will happen this time???
04-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow that bag looks almost perfect... except I wouldn't be able to carry enough food & water to last a day... Why do they always do that?
04-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Let's see, from the homepage, the three other Pentax DSLRs that have been recognized by TIPA in the past:
2007: Pentax K10D (Best Expert DSLR). Pentax Corporation is forcibly acquired by Hoya and cease to exist. People are borrowing money like crazy.
2010: Pentax K-x (Best Entry-Level DSLR). Hoya is talking about cost cutting and cancels lenses from the roadmap. The global financial crisis deepens.
2011: Pentax 645D (Best Professional DSLR). Hoya is selling Pentax Imaging to Ricoh. The Fukushima disaster happens.
The most severe and lasting repercussion of modern history.... A cumulation of generations of endeavor and accomplishment... Truly the pinnacle of mankind's achievements.

Pentax releases a full-frame camera.

04-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Looks like a great bag!
And it doesn't look like a camera bag.

I must admit I didn't know Thule made bags of any sort, only roof bars and accessories.
04-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-3 wins "Best Digital SLR Expert"
70D wins "Best Digital SLR Advanced"

Expert > Advanced?
04-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Too many cameras - not enough awards - let's make another?
04-24-2014, 12:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Not to sound pedantic but seems like every new camera released last year got a award of some sort(except for entry level Canon DSLRs), but still good news for Pentax. I only wish I have the means to update at this point.
04-24-2014, 01:16 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Russia will start WW3
04-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Not to sound pedantic but seems like every new camera released last year got a award of some sort(except for entry level Canon DSLRs), but still good news for Pentax. I only wish I have the means to update at this point.
Kind of like how the car magazines award nearly every car released in a given year an award?
When I visited the TIPA site I was kinda thinking the same thing.
04-24-2014, 02:11 AM   #14

That's great news

doom... I can only foresee dooooom
04-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Apple iPhone sales increase 20%, every other platform experiences 15% growth, the company raises the dividend 8%, increases the stock buyback plan 50% and splits 7:1, accelerating the disintegration of the entire compact camera segment. EveryoneIsDoomed™

Nah. That could never happen.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-24-2014 at 08:23 AM.