Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #46
Inactive Account

Very nice shots Ben! Thank you for sharing the photos and for answering our questions.

c[_]

04-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Very nice shots Ben! Thank you for sharing the photos and for answering our questions.

c[_]
Umm...Did I actually answer any questions?
04-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #48
Veteran Member

You gave some info on your lighting setup.

I'm thinking you'd be a good candidate for a Strobist interview. I know Dave has been wanting to start covering super-high-end lighting topics occasionally, and your lighting setup is incredible.
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #49
Inactive Account

...indirectly, yes.

c[_]

04-30-2008, 03:05 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You know guys..I might be publishing a book or setting up some "Master Sessions"...So I will hold off with the strobist thing for now...

Thanks
Ben
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Hey Ben, fantastic shots! Superb lighting! BTW, I was talking the other day with my mentor (he's based in Toronto and been teaching me lighting, portraits, basically the business of photography, etc...), and out of the blue he asked me if I've seen your work (since I was asking about lighting techniques and concepts). I told him but of course! I told him it's your workflow that I am using in Photoshop! Apparently, he knows you from Toronto and you guys have been attending the same seminars and workshops when you both were starting out... small world
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
Hey Ben, fantastic shots! Superb lighting! BTW, I was talking the other day with my mentor (he's based in Toronto and been teaching me lighting, portraits, basically the business of photography, etc...), and out of the blue he asked me if I've seen your work (since I was asking about lighting techniques and concepts). I told him but of course! I told him it's your workflow that I am using in Photoshop! Apparently, he knows you from Toronto and you guys have been attending the same seminars and workshops when you both were starting out... small world
Whats his name?

Ben

04-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Whats his name?

Ben
Basil Carating. I asked him if you knew each other personally, he said you probably won't remember him since it was a long time ago when you were still based in Toronto. But he knows you and remembers you quite well. I think he became a trainer for Wal-Mart photographers and pet photographers across North America, as well as designing studios after.
05-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
Basil Carating. I asked him if you knew each other personally, he said you probably won't remember him since it was a long time ago when you were still based in Toronto. But he knows you and remembers you quite well. I think he became a trainer for Wal-Mart photographers and pet photographers across North America, as well as designing studios after.
The name doesn't ring a bell...Oh well, I guess I owe him money!
05-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have posted the final retouched images . You can see the before here and the after at this link:

PublishedWorks Photo Gallery by Benjamin Kanarek at pbase.com

Ben
Attached Images

05-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #56
Veteran Member

I'm not in fashion photography, but I still find your work very interesting. I always try to figure out how you do the lighting (and I get stomped quite often). It is really amazing what you can get out of two or three lights. Very interesting work, keep shooting.
05-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Ben, why does the girl in the image with the purple background have an outline around her right side? Intentional?
05-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #58
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simply stunning

Ben, you're amazing!

Pretty obvious it's not the camera - it's just your ability to capture these images in such a unique and brilliant way.

Thanks for sharing, and well done!
05-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Ben, why does the girl in the image with the purple background have an outline around her right side? Intentional?
Yes...It is always intentional. I can get more or less of that depending on the desired effect I want.....

I guess after 28 years or so in this F--_ING profession, I can pull off some interesting little tricks.

Ben
Attached Images

05-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Raw Not Retouched

K20D plus 40mm Ltd.

Link:

User Photo Gallery - Miscellaneous
Ben.. are you trying to tell me you didn't put in that dark outline on her arm with photoshop?

If so you got mad skillz.

Last edited by anomaly; 05-11-2008 at 09:12 PM.