Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax on tour in Sweden

Supposedly I'm not the only Swede here. I just visited the Pentax Sweden homepage. On the news page there is a list of camera/photo-shops in major Swedish cities that Pentax are touring this spring-summer. My impression is that they try to visit the most serious shop in each city. The last place is not a camera-shop but one of the biggest meeting places/bird watching places for ornitologists in Sweden. They say they will show both cameras and tubes/binoculars. But why show cameras there if they don't intend to show some new longer lens?
Has they done like this before, or is this new, I mean in Sweden? They claim they will show now gears and offers. Is this a common thing elsewhere?

Since I'm based near Stockholm I will try to get to Schönherrs on May 5. If there is anyone else of you going there we might even meet?

More: Is this my imagination...since last time I think there are changes on the Swedish Pentax webpage that indicates they are more closely tied to Pentax Europe now?

Here is the news-text (sorry for the Swedish), and the link.

Träffa PENTAX i din butik.
16.04.2008 Vi kommer under våren finnas representerade på många platser. Passa på att ta del av våra erbjudanden och titta på vårt sortiment. Här finns vi:

Vi kommer finnas på följande orter:

23/4 Fuji Foto Center (Bildkompaniet) i Uppsala (kl 14-18)

23/4 Fuji Foto Center (Rapps) i Linköping (kl 10-18)

24/4 Foto Posé i Östersund (kl 15-20)

25/4 Mattssons Foto i Lund (kl 9-18) Både kameror och kikare

29/4 Torins Foto i Borås (kl 11-18)

5/5 Schönherrs Foto i Stockholm (kl 10-18)

8/5 Björns Foto i Varberg (kl 10-18)

15/5 Ericssons Foto i Mölndal (kl 10-18)

23-24/5 Tälthelgen på Ölands södra udde. Både kameror och kikare

Nyheter - PENTAX Sverige

04-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Supposedly I'm not the only Swede here. I just visited the Pentax Sweden homepage. On the news page there is a list of camera/photo-shops in major Swedish cities that Pentax are touring this spring-summer. My impression is that they try to visit the most serious shop in each city. The last place is not a camera-shop but one of the biggest meeting places/bird watching places for ornitologists in Sweden. They say they will show both cameras and tubes/binoculars. But why show cameras there if they don't intend to show some new longer lens?
Has they done like this before, or is this new, I mean in Sweden? They claim they will show now gears and offers. Is this a common thing elsewhere?

Since I'm based near Stockholm I will try to get to Schönherrs on May 5. If there is anyone else of you going there we might even meet?

More: Is this my imagination...since last time I think there are changes on the Swedish Pentax webpage that indicates they are more closely tied to Pentax Europe now?

Here is the news-text (sorry for the Swedish), and the link.

Träffa PENTAX i din butik.
16.04.2008 Vi kommer under våren finnas representerade på många platser. Passa på att ta del av våra erbjudanden och titta på vårt sortiment. Här finns vi:

Vi kommer finnas på följande orter:

23/4 Fuji Foto Center (Bildkompaniet) i Uppsala (kl 14-18)

23/4 Fuji Foto Center (Rapps) i Linköping (kl 10-18)

24/4 Foto Posé i Östersund (kl 15-20)

25/4 Mattssons Foto i Lund (kl 9-18) Både kameror och kikare

29/4 Torins Foto i Borås (kl 11-18)

5/5 Schönherrs Foto i Stockholm (kl 10-18)

8/5 Björns Foto i Varberg (kl 10-18)

15/5 Ericssons Foto i Mölndal (kl 10-18)

23-24/5 Tälthelgen på Ölands södra udde. Både kameror och kikare

Nyheter - PENTAX Sverige
Thanks for the info. With a bit more time, I would have gone by the one in Lund. Let us know how it goes
04-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Thanks for the info. With a bit more time, I would have gone by the one in Lund. Let us know how it goes
I will, if I can make it.
Do you know if this sort of tour is common? Have they done it in Denmark?
04-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I will, if I can make it.
Do you know if this sort of tour is common? Have they done it in Denmark?
Pentax has always been bigger in Sweden than in Denmark. Some of the bigger stores might have had it before, but I can't remember having heard about it.