Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hoya reduces ad budgets

I have heard that Hoya has reduced the budget for Pentax Ad campaigns in Europe. Perhaps that is why Pentax have not been as present and visible as they could be. Their ad budgets are miniscule compared to Canon and Nikon. They really should be concentrating on "Viral" Buzz making as well as developing relationships with editors of magazines, dailies etc. out side of the "Specialty" Photo Mag arena. OH well...never mind. What do I know....

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 04-25-2008 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Syntax problems...sorry
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What did you expect

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I have heard that Hoya has reduced the budget for Pentax Ad campaigns in Europe. Perhaps that is why Pentax have not been as present and visible as they could be. Their ad budgets are miniscule compared to Canon and Nikon. They really should be concentrating on "Viral" Buzz making s well as concentrating their internal PR on building relationships with editors of magazines out side of the "Specialty" Photo Mag arena. OH well...never mind. What do I know....

Ben
From the Hoya bean counters in re: to Pentax
As for the Pentax business, we focus on improving its profit margin rather than growth of net sales," says Hiroshi Suzuki, president and CEO, HOYA Corporation.

Easy to increase margins (temporarily) by slashing the ad budgets.......
Hoya Announces Third Quarter and Nine Month Results for 2007 - Forbes.com
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I think Jeff has this one nailed. I hope there aren't any coffins around for that nail to fit...