Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2008, 01:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Did they tell you who took it, and how they came upon using that image, and choosing that photographer?

Did the subject ever come up of the possibility of you doing any photography for their ads? If so, how did they explain their decision?
No, not at all. I think these are stock photo's as I don't think they had the budget to do the production. Stock photos are the way to go when you don't want to pay the team for a production. The only thing that must be paid are the rights.

Ben

04-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Ben,
Just a point of curiosity. If they used a stock image, how do they know it was with a Pentax camera? Most stock agencys don't care what the heck you shoot with, just the final image.
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
Ben,
Just a point of curiosity. If they used a stock image, how do they know it was with a Pentax camera? Most stock agencys don't care what the heck you shoot with, just the final image.

"Most stock agencys don't care what the heck you shoot with, just the final image"...You just answered your own question. Unless they say for example "Shot with K20D and "x" lens etc..." you can pretty well take it to the bank that it could have been shot with anything. Sigma and Tamron adverts generally give credit info and lens info in their ad's. If it "ain't" there it could have been a "Blad" for all we know.

Ben
04-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #19

Does somebody may got the full-sized picture of that site? I googled around, found nothing but maybe i used the wrong keywords

04-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Ben,
Exactlly what I was getting at. You would think Pentax would have enough pride in their equipment to make sure it was shot with Pentax. I do know that in the past some of their product shots were shot with a Blad. Looks like they would have let the photog use a 67 or 645 and lenses for the project. Oh well that the world of advertizing as you well know.
05-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
Ben,
Exactlly what I was getting at. You would think Pentax would have enough pride in their equipment to make sure it was shot with Pentax. I do know that in the past some of their product shots were shot with a Blad. Looks like they would have let the photog use a 67 or 645 and lenses for the project. Oh well that the world of advertizing as you well know.
This is indeed stupid but very well spread as wy of doing advertising