Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh Theta Wins Camera Grand Prix Award

The Ricoh Theta has just received the "Editor's Award" in the Camera Press Club of Japan's Camera Grand Prix 2014. It won alongside the Canon 70D and Olympus OM-D EM-1, which also received the same award. The Nikkor 58mm won "lens of the year", while the Nikon Df won "camera of the year" (the same title given to the 645D and K10D in the past).

More on the story on our homepage:
Ricoh Theta Wins Camera Grand Prix Award - Pentax News - Pentax Camera Forums

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think I'd need to try a theta for myself. I looked at the sample images when they first launched it, but maybe it's something you have to use yourself to appreciate.
05-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great price for a very innovative camera.

Used it once at a meeting with Ricoh Imaging reps:

https://theta360.com/s/6BH
05-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Great price for a very innovative camera.

Used it once at a meeting with Ricoh Imaging reps:

https://theta360.com/s/6BH
Nice that it edits itself out of the picture.

05-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
another award for Pentax, and yet the market rarely recognizes them! If Pentax, Nikon, Canon, and all the other guys were "students" in a "classroom" Pentax would probably be the achiever nerd in the back row...