Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #166
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't understand why FF if Pentax do not have FF-zooms...
And after DA*30 that figurates in roadmap what lenses next?
But I understand that Pentax can make suprises (like it was with da*200 and da*300)

06-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Hey Ben,
Why don't you just call WendyB? She seems to know every thing about new mount--even said she tested one.LOL!
06-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I phoned Pentax and left a message with someone I communicated with often while I was sponsored by them to see if I can garner some info....

Ben
Please let us know~
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #169
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote

We are less than 90 days away from FF I know about this. I test them out.

What I find interesting is. No one has asked what mount.
I know there is a new mount! Don't know the name of it. But it will be adaptable to different bodies.

"...A lens data communication method of performing data communications between an interchangeable lens and an associated camera body via an interface circuit provided in said interchangeable lens, said lens data communication method comprising: storing data of said interchangeable lens in a memory connected to said interface circuit; and setting fixed data of said interchangeable lens by at least one group of fixed data set-pins connected to a plurality of terminals of said interface circuit,wherein, in communication with said camera body...."

"...A camera system comprising:an interchangeable lens including a lens-side mount ring and an annular packing made of a resilient material;a packing-incompatible camera body including a second mount ring to which said lens-side mount ring can be coupled, an inner peripheral surface of a rear end of said annular packing being positioned radially outside of said second mount ring in a state where said lens-side mount ring is coupled to said second mount ring...."

Rui

06-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #170
Veteran Member

Chasing smoke

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I phoned Pentax and left a message with someone I communicated with often while I was sponsored by them to see if I can garner some info....

Ben
In reviewing WendyB's previous predictions I'd have to say that call is a waste of time.

Ken
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #171
Veteran Member

How can a nurse have access to yet-unreleased photographic equipment, while the rest of us struggle to find even the smallest crumbs of info and speculation on the internet? It boggles the mind...
06-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #172
Veteran Member

I am of the understanding that a number of the so called DA lenses WILL work with FF, but at the long end (50-135, 200, 300mm and certain Limiteds) but that is by the by.

I would much rather have Pentax/Samsung create a new Shutter to cope with more than 3fps, and an AF system that is not only faster than the current but has more AF points ala Nikon D300.

Why try to create a Canon 5D clone, which incidentally only has 9 AF points and 3fps, when it is about to replaced?

I am all for FF, but Pentax needs to get the basics right, ie Shutter and AF, before FF.

The current APS-C 14.6mp sensor is already getting its plaudits for IQ anyway, so why not improve on the problem areas first, then create an FF sensor which will enhance the basics, there is no point in having a FF camera with the existing shutter and AF, it won't sell well.

06-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #173
RaduA

1) One person is desperately seeking attention;
2) That person is getting attention (even if not in a flattering way);
3) We just need to stop paying attention to that person if SHE can’t deliver on her “prophecies”.

Get back to Pentax gear people, there is nothing to see here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-03-2008, 07:19 AM   #174

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
1) One person is desperately seeking attention;
2) That person is getting attention (even if not in a flattering way);
3) We just need to stop paying attention to that person if SHE can’t deliver on her “prophecies”.

Get back to Pentax gear people, there is nothing to see here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went back and looked at WendyBs predictions on features right before the K20d and they seemed somewhat accurate to me, if bizzarely cryptic and somewhat vague. How come everyone is completely dismissing her predictions now? Although, I can't really tell whether she has inside knowledge or not from the posts that I have seen, or just good guesses.
06-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #175
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by longzoom Quote
I went back and looked at WendyBs predictions on features right before the K20d and they seemed somewhat accurate to me, if bizzarely cryptic and somewhat vague. How come everyone is completely dismissing her predictions now? Although, I can't really tell whether she has inside knowledge or not from the posts that I have seen, or just good guesses.
Hi, longzoom!

I have nothing personal against no one here. But this style of inuendos IMO are in very bad taste. Prove what you say or shut up! Don't forget that before the launch of K20D there were more trustworthy sources here and on other fora (Ben, Chris, Roland, Steve to name a few) and if they cannot say something they just told us so. This person could very easy re-ventilate some infos from the net and as usual wraped them in some mambo jumbo.
Don't forget the essay that Chris put online the moments after the NDA was lifted. Don't forget pics from Ben with 0.39 firmware and DA 35 Macro days or hours after the launch. This person has produced NOTHING to prove that she is in the know. Don't forget the "oficial farewell thread" and "the cancer thread". Don't get me wrong but for most of us (who had lost loved ones this way) is personally offensive to toy with a subject like this AFTER YOU PRESUMABLY KNOW YOU ARE ALLRIGHT. "Ohhh, I have cancer, nohhhh my medic was wrong ..." what kind of person does this? BTW I lost already too much time on this subject you do whatever you want but until I see some proof IMO we have a pathological lyier here.

Radu
06-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #176
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Look. There were several discussions regarding the possibility of there being a FF Pentax.
I cannot go in to details, as I am still bound by my past commitments. What I feel comfortable in saying and this is basic logic based on past actions, that Samsung seem to mirror what Pentax does and visa versa. In most cases, I can suggest that if there is DSLR news on the Samsung front, that news might also be similar for Pentax. As to a mount format change, I had never heard anything related to that subject in my 19 months of being sponsored by Pentax.

Best Wishes
Ben
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #177
Pentaxian

Well, Nikon proved FF can be done with a similar mount (i.e. the F-mount). So, IMHO, there is no technical reason to drastically alter the K-mount; adding new features, maybe even electronic aperture control, yes; but changing the mount?
The only reason to change the mount is to commit suicide. At least, that's what I think
06-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #178
Not Registered

IMO, a mount change is the easiest logic among rumorologists if one consider that Pentax might stay commited to in-body stabilization. I dont see this link that clear . At any case, I would expect a change in mount sooner or later cos the K-mount as it is now might be outdated in a few years.
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #179
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
IMO, a mount change is the easiest logic among rumorologists if one consider that Pentax might stay commited to in-body stabilization. I dont see this link that clear . At any case, I would expect a change in mount sooner or later cos the K-mount as it is now might be outdated in a few years.
IMO they could keep the physical compatibility (and electronic on the body) and make the new lenses all electronic with new contacts.
06-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #180
Veteran Member

1.3 crop?

Just a thought,

while a true full frame may pose a problem with current lenses, a 1.3 crop with the same cmos technology, process improved version could be the answer.

The 1.3 crop would give us a 16.7 mp effective sensor, process improvement should give 1 stop more DR and reduce noise levels just a bit more, now put that into a body with integrated grip and newer faster shutter ( 1/8000 with x 1/250 ) and better AF and 5 fps we have a real pro level camera that should be able to stand up to the 5D's replacement. if the sensor were made full frame that would give us 21.6 mp effective.

I'm wondering how sony plans to make the 24 mp sensor's noise better as it's pixel size will be smaller than the current K20D sensor and will need to pull a rabbit out somewhere to get both low noise and good IQ ( which their 14.2mp sensor can not! )

Just some thoughts.