Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by truonganh Quote
FF pentax would be a professional camera, undoubtedly accomodated with professional pricing $$$$
I disagree , it would just be a return back to the beginning , where film cameras left off.
The price would come way down in time

I just bought my K10D 2 weeks ago , I waited for price to come way down and I knew Pentax would come out with FF and all manufactures will because that's technical evolution of this venue , it's a no brainer , common sense should of told everyone this .

And I will buy one when it appears on the market , maybe this year or next .

04-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Roberts Quote
Why bancrupt?! I think FF DSLRs there are less than 5% of DSLRs sold in a year, because not so many people are buying DSLRs that cost more than 2500-3000 USD. And I think this is lower margin for Pentax FF price, too.
I was just kidding I'm optimstic. Pentax will survive.
If the marked is going towards FF, Pentax will be there. The question is when. So IMO the OP prediction is meaningless.
Something in the line of; there will be sun
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

would be pretty lame if Samsung had a FF camera and Pentax did not.
i'm just waiting for the announcement as to when they finally reveal which
DA lenses are truly FF ones.
04-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No...

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
would be pretty lame if Samsung had a FF camera and Pentax did not.
i'm just waiting for the announcement as to when they finally reveal which
DA lenses are truly FF ones.
DFA are; only some DA and DA*'s are. It is getting confusing.

Cheers,
Cameron

04-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
DFA are; only some DA and DA*'s are. It is getting confusing.
well the DA and DA*'s are only because people have tested it on their Film Cameras. I wanna hear it from Pentax.
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
well the DA and DA*'s are only because people have tested it on their Film Cameras. I wanna hear it from Pentax.
All Pentax lenses is FF glass . I believe
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can tell you for sure the DA 14 is NOT full frame. it heavily vignettes in the viewfinder of my ZX-L, and that viewfinder isn't even 100% coverage.

04-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Ok so most DA glass is full-frame.
The latest DA* primes (200 & 300) are full-frame, because they're derived from the FA* versions. Same goes for other DA lenses.
04-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have no idea whether Pentax will build an FF camera or not, but doing so only would make sense if DA lenses, the only new lenses Pentax has designed and built in years, would be totally compatible with the FF format. Of course, what do I know? It also doesn't make sense to build redundant motors in bodies and some of the lenses.

We'll see; in the meantime I'll enjoy the stuff I've got (and maybe a K20D if I'm convinced the AF has been sufficiently tweaked to keep up with my granddaughter).

Jer
04-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
...and I knew Pentax would come out with FF and all manufactures will because that's technical evolution of this venue , it's a no brainer , common sense should of told everyone this .

And I will buy one when it appears on the market , maybe this year or next .
And if common sense hasn't told you, Jesus has!

Nothing more to see here, move along, lol.
04-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Do the DA*'s need to be stopped down to be full frame? I just put them on my ZX-5N and I can see the lens in the viewfinder unless they're zoomed all the way out.
Ryan
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #27
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ryno Quote
Do the DA*'s need to be stopped down to be full frame? I just put them on my ZX-5N and I can see the lens in the viewfinder unless they're zoomed all the way out.
Ryan
...stopped...down? Peoples half information is adding confusion here. Its almost certain that all DA zooms are not intended for FF use, hence your being able to see the lens at wider settings. Even at the long end, the edges were never intended to be recorded by anything wider than an APS-C sensor and will probably drop off quite sharply in performance.

While it seems the prime DAs do cover the full frame, edge performance has yet to be proven or in some cases can visibly be seen to be lacking. It is hoped that newer primes fully support the full frame, but it hasn't been scientifically shown yet that I know of.
04-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Sorry to add to the confusion, I was looking for a reason to explain why I saw what I did, and others said people tested the DA*'s and found full frame coverage. After rethinking, stopping down makes no sense.
\Ryan
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I think ff is inevitable, sony nikon and canon are all to release new ff this year. I think samsung will be pushing for it (or perhaps even building it and pentax then rebadge) even if pentax are not so keen.

But putting the rumors together we could see the line being

kxxxd entry level below k200d
k200d 10mp
k20d 14mp
kxd pro spec apsc 14mp with new af / metering / fps
kffd - I think I saw someone mentioning 29mp (but I can't find it now)
kbiggerffd - although not the 645d, it can take 645 lenses and a convertor? for k mount lenses at about 38mp.

then of course heads of pentax say they would actually like 2 cameras to take 645 lenses which would make 7 cameras on market at once. I think things might be a little busy at pentax at the moment. LOL! wonder what photokina will bring

re lenses, to me the question is a da lens may cover the sensor but whats the performance like out on the edges.

Phil
04-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
FF to use what lenses?

Is Pentax currently producing any FF lenses?

Rob