Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
maybe they sent him a Nikon mount by accident?
Nice idea, but the Nikon tubes come in a three-piece set,
without the screw drive connection.

06-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #62

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
maybe they sent him a Nikon mount by accident? (i.e. with a lot of "fiddling" you can get a Nikon lens to mount to a Pentax body)

Just an out of the box idea...

m
nikon mount looks totally different from pentax mount....
06-28-2014, 12:39 PM - 2 Likes   #63
Veteran Member

Picked up my Kooka PK-mount AF extension tube at the post office today. No issues on mounting it on the K-3, no issues mounting the 60-250mm to the extension tube, and AF worked exactly as it was supposed to. Everything in order and no complaints from me.

It even came in its own nice little bag.
06-29-2014, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by leungclj Quote
nikon mount looks totally different from pentax mount....
I wouldn't say "totally" different.

06-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
Everything in order and no complaints from me.
Very good! One bad and one good report. Let's hope there are more.
06-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Carl -- Can't wait to see some images from your new Kooka.

Can you please tell me where you ordered it from?

Thanks!

Picked up my Kooka PK-mount AF extension tube at the post office today. No issues on mounting it on the K-3, no issues mounting the 60-250mm to the extension tube, and AF worked exactly as it was supposed to. Everything in order and no complaints from me.

It even came in its own nice little bag.
06-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #67
Veteran Member

No, the one I got was a pentax mount. I didn't have a problem mounting my two wide angle DA's (it wasn't fun, but they both mounted ok, and worked as expected), but the lenses I actually wanted to mount (i.e. FA77, DFA-100) would not mount to my K-5 for love nor money. Thinking back to it now, I think I might have worked out what the problem is. Could it be that this extension tube has been designed to only work with DA limited/DA*'s /DFA-WR?

One thing I can say for certain: Manually focussing a lens when mounted to the tube is out of the question! (unless your lens has quick-shift). [This was actually the main reason I returned it instead of getting a replacement - just to answer that question!]. Once you've mounted the lens to the tube, the focussing mechanism on your lens will lock into the mechanism in the extension tube. You'd need to be a braver man than me to manually focus an FA77 on it!! [It's really stiff, and the grinding noises mean you'll stop that pretty much immediately!]. If the lenses you want to use have quick-shift, then that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences - I'm just reporting my own slightly unpleasant experience with the thing! I have a suspicion that those with lenses with quickshift (and without aperture rings) will be reporting different experiences than those with older FA lenses (such as myself). That's my hunch anyway!

06-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
Once you've mounted the lens to the tube, the focussing mechanism on your lens will lock into the mechanism in the extension tube. You'd need to be a braver man than me to manually focus an FA77 on it!
Did you try pressing the lens release button on the camera for manual focus?

---------- Post added 06-29-14 at 01:55 PM ----------

Thanks, that's good to know after @robthebloke's less than happy experience.
06-29-2014, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

I also tried the tube with the DA-F 100mm macro, but I did not have any issues using it. Then I tried the FA 1.4/85mm, which didn't allow manual focusing just as Rob reported for the FA 77mm. But that isn't very surprising, is it, as it doesn't have the clutch? To test a bit further I used the tubes with an old F 28-80mm which worked correctly and also allowed manual focus.

John, I ordered the tube from SRB-Photographic.co.uk as suggested at the beginning of the thread.

FYI, I also ordered the set for the Q. They also work on the Q7 with AF functioning as expected. In practical terms only the thinnest one is interesting, as the focusing distance becomes very very short, even when using the 06 telephoto zoom.
08-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #70

anyone else gave this a try?
09-17-2014, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #71

Quick word of warning. I've just ordered two of those tubes from SRB... or wanted to. It seems there's some trouble about quality or functionality, as I just got this info as reply:

QuoteQuote:
Thank you for your recent order.
However we have discovered a fault with our recent batch of Pentax extension tubes. We have returned these to the supplier for examination.
We will refund these items on your order. of course and please accept our sincere apologies.
Who knows if this is a general product problem or just, as said, a faulty batch. I hope it can get sorted soon as I'd really love to get me those tubes.
09-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #72
Pentaxian

Original Poster
@Undot, thanks for the update. At least it's good to see SRB uphold their reputation by doing some serious quality control.
09-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #73
Pentaxian

Yep, and it most likely means the previous problems are acknowledged (one way or the other).
09-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #74

I hope they can get it fixed. Too bad it had a bad first impression.
12-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #75

Our local photgraphy store has ordered this set of two for me, assuming these extension tubes is what this thread is discussing.
PENTAX - KOOKA OPTRONICS CO.,LTD

But I still didn't receive them so I cannot share my experience and I am afraid I never get them since it takes this long.

So I was looking around again to see if anything else was on the market and I found these:
ArticleGroup
Zwischenringsatz 13/21/31mm für Pentax

It looks allright to me, but if anyone here can provide me a more experienced opinion I would be gratefull.