QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
My prediction:
- New high-end Q camera
- Q macro lens
- K-50 successor
- K-mount telezoom
- One more surprise K-mount lens
- 645 wide zoom actually announced
- New high end compact (like an MX-1 with a better lens and the hypothetical new sensor from the hypothetical new Q)
- New GR camera
- K-mount full frame shown under glass
- K-mount roadmap updated with an ambitious schedule of FF lenses

How's that for optimism! It seems to me, if you're going to play fantasy Pentax, you might as well do it properly.
Well one advantage that Ricoh Imaging probably has over other brands is that they don't have boatloads off old stock. At least to my knowledge. So they can jump to new products without to much risk off not selling the leftovers. However your list is long, it's not even that impossible. Probably in the works and maybe ready to show at Photokina (maybe just with a time delay to go to market) are new Q and macro Q lens, K-50 successor and the K-mount telezoom, 645 wide zoom (for 2015 and now as mock up). New GR would actually only be a sidekick, since they can bring the same GR camera with just a new lens, maybe with 31mm/f1.8, so that is possible. So that is possible, since a full frame under glass they did some kina's ago allready.

07-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #152
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
Why wouldn't you want a histogram? How can you know if your exposure is correct without one?

An articulated screen would have been incredibly helpful to me recently when I was photographing over the top of a 7ft railing. And it would have been equally helpful recently when I was photographing a flower on a muddy trail. Aren't these situations that most people encounter frequently?
Some people think;if they don't need,nobody needs.Atriculated screen is awesome especially with fish-eye and ultra-wide angle lenses.Live view is cool with macro shots.I don't even need to mention histogram.
07-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #153
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Xentinus Quote
Some people think;if they don't need,nobody needs.Atriculated screen is awesome especially with fish-eye and ultra-wide angle lenses.Live view is cool with macro shots.I don't even need to mention histogram.

What you say is very prevalent here and probably throughout society.. people are generally inwardly absorbed so they only see the world through their own wants and desires. I suspect this is primarily why we have so many squeaky wheels demanding Pentax do this or that or they're doomed.

Last edited by mee; 07-14-2014 at 06:04 PM.
07-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Articulated screens are excellent for video.

07-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
Why wouldn't you want a histogram? How can you know if your exposure is correct without one?
I can read one but honestly I don't use them much. This is why I shoot in RAW. I'm pretty good with exposure but if I get it wrong just a bit there's always Camera Raw. I seldom get that wrong. Choosing the correct shutter speed can still trip me up, but usually I'm exposed correctly. Most of my camera's meter have been fairly accurate and I have a pocket light meter besides, but I don't get anal about it. I was taught to use one but I just don't find it very necessary most of the time.
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #156
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would love they change the names of cameras. For example, instead of K-60, name it K-3L, or something similar, especially if a camera borrows much from K-3 and has basically same shape and 90% of features.
Then we have K-3, K-3L etc.

Then if they change the form factor completely, name it with a different letter. (L, M or similar)
07-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #157
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Or Bring out the K-3 in F-mount and call it D400.
07-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #158
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Or Bring out the K-3 in F-mount and call it D400.
Or bring out the K-3 with Nikon's autofocus module and call it K-1.

07-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #159
Pentaxian

C'mon Asahiman, we need your leaks !
07-19-2014, 01:51 AM   #160
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
C'mon Asahiman, we need your leaks !
Better not. If he is smart, he will refrain of writing anything and making himself ridiculous. Ricoh has proven wrong many future tellers.
07-19-2014, 01:57 AM   #161
Pentaxian

Are you implying he's a fortune teller?