Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #196
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
says you
Say some:

Samyang to launch a high quality (and low price) 50mm f/1.5 lens for "some" mirrorless systems. | Mirrorless Rumors

(FT5) Samyang to launch a 50mm f/1.5 Micro Four Thirds lens at Photokina. | 43 Rumors

whilst nobody, neither Photo Rumors nor Samyang ("Our R&D team is working hard to release a 50mm lens very soon.") says it's a DSLR lens.

07-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
You've apparently never used Canon's or Sony's focus peaking.
Do any Canon DSLRs have focus peaking? If so, I might want one :-) Even the Magic Lantern cardware won't work with the bodies I have. I was under the impression only their camcorder had it.
07-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #198
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Say some:

Samyang to launch a high quality (and low price) 50mm f/1.5 lens for "some" mirrorless systems. | Mirrorless Rumors

(FT5) Samyang to launch a 50mm f/1.5 Micro Four Thirds lens at Photokina. | 43 Rumors

whilst nobody, neither Photo Rumors nor Samyang ("Our R&D team is working hard to release a 50mm lens very soon.") says it's a DSLR lens.
They could be developing two different 50mm lenses couldn't they. There is no reason to say this is the lens they meant on photorumors. So there is no reason for you to be so certain about it.
07-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Come on people testing those Pentax cameras - Leak some damn photos under other pseudo names. Next we will have news about "Leaked images"!

Lets do it!

P.S. I am testing a full frame Pentax K-1 with ISO 300,000 and Leaf Shutter. It also has the "Movie Button" and "Swivel Screen". Camera has NFC/wifi/blue tooth. 51 AF points with 39 Cross type AF points. 11 Frames per second. Camera will be launched with a K-mount converter for full frame lenses (So people who don't want to get rid of their vintage glass can use the new system WITHOUT Vignetting). Flash Sync speed of 1/500. Processor SAFOX XXX AFZ M D N TLD module. 30 Mega Pixels. Built in Full-Tether using USB 3.0 / HDMI and Wifi with native support to Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw.

P.P.S The camera will be designed to take X-Ray of previous dead presidents and their ghosts.
AND, it comes in more two-tone color patterns than a 50's Chevy Impala.

07-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #200
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Just to stoke everyone's rumour mill...

...I heard from a distributor they can no longer order the Ricoh GR.
Upgrading it with HD coating..........

07-25-2014, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #201
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They could be developing two different 50mm lenses couldn't they. There is no reason to say this is the lens they meant on photorumors. So there is no reason for you to be so certain about it.
Think what you want. Time will tell.
07-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #202
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
ML definitely has it, not sure about the stock firmware, since I never used it, but you could be right about that! If not, it's kinda strange, since their implementation on camcorders is the best I've used. Even better than the Sony SLRs/MILCs.

I was nosing around on a primarily Canikon forum and that is where I learned A) Canon DLSR's don't have focus peaking, B) Magic Lantern cardware has lots of features geared mostly toward video but has focus peeking, zebras, etc for DSLR's and C) the 40D and 5D original I have, and the 70D I was contemplating, don't support Magic Lantern :-(

07-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #203
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The rumoured Samyang 50mm lens is designed for system cameras (mirrorless), not DSLRs.
This one? Rokinon/Samyang still planning to release a new 50mm f/1.2 lens | Photo Rumors
07-25-2014, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #204
Pentaxian

In my experience, using a manual focus lens with CIF enabled is almost as good as autofocus anyway. I usually put it in drive mode, mash down the button, and focus away. Lots of shot, many in focus.
07-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #205
mee
Veteran Member

That seems like a work around.
07-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That seems like a work around.
It's poor man's autofocus. Not everyone can afford lot's of fancy AF lenses...

Though looking at his sig @Kozlok can.
07-28-2014, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #207
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Reading back through some old posts there was mention (by a seemingly credible poster) of a new Pro Line of lenses.

They were characterized as an updated DA* line with an entirely new ring-type motor, new coatings, new barrel design, new Weather Sealing and possibly FF lenses.

Photokina would be a good time to announce the new line, show a few lenses or a mockup, release a new Lens Roadmap - maybe with some firmer dates included.
07-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #208
Pentaxian

I'm hoping it's the new D-FA* line.
Because you know what that would mean!

---------- Post added 07-28-14 at 03:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
In my experience, using a manual focus lens with CIF enabled is almost as good as autofocus anyway. I usually put it in drive mode, mash down the button, and focus away. Lots of shot, many in focus.
But the downside is that CiF effectively forces you into "Focus priority,"
when you might be wanting "Shutter priority".

It's frustrating when you press the shutter to shoot,
and the camera doesn't respond,
because it thinks you're out of focus.
07-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #209
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
But the downside is that CiF effectively forces you into "Focus priority,"
when you might be wanting "Shutter priority".

It's frustrating when you press the shutter to shoot,
and the camera doesn't respond,
because it thinks you're out of focus.
If you need a quick way of canceling CIF, you can set the AF-button for switching to manual focus.
07-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #210
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
If you need a quick way of canceling CIF, you can set the AF-button for switching to manual focus.
Unfortunately, that did not always work on my K-x, for some reason.