Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #346
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'm confused.. wasn't the big rumor there WAS going to be a FF body announced at Photokina? Now, the rumor has turned 180 degrees to no FF body announced and just a couple of trinkets.. /facepalm.

08-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #347
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'm confused.. wasn't the big rumor there WAS going to be a FF body announced at Photokina? Now, the rumor has turned 180 degrees to no FF body announced and just a couple of trinkets.. /facepalm.
Rumors. Big, fat, slim, whispered, still rumors.
08-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #348
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
So.... Asahi man says there will be a "4xxmm telezomm"...... has anyone heard any other rumors about this new telezoom?

Bob
Yeah, it's been on the roadmap for a while - I'm holding out hope it'll have WR, DC, and a moderate constant aperture - like f/4.5; doubt it though - probably another consumer zoom that won't live up to the 55-300.
08-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #349
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Rumors. Big, fat, slim, whispered, still rumors.
I suppose no one here really knows.. that cares to speak publicly. :c )

I'd be somewhat shocked not to see a K-50 successor at the least..

08-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #350
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Bingo

Yes I just got one K-2 in perfect condition like that one on a picture but without a limited lens and with 2 very good lenses from K series: 55 f/1.8 and 35 f/2.
Yes it has gorgeous viewfinder (best I ever seen), amazing steel shutter and it's very heavy and bulky, build like a tank. It even has separate mirror lockup button!
Now I only have to find/create/adapt digital back and voila

Last edited by banep; 01-29-2015 at 04:15 AM.
08-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #351
Site Supporter

Congrats, but you should be banned for your (not so good) joke
08-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #352
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I suppose no one here really knows.. that cares to speak publicly. :c )

I'd be somewhat shocked not to see a K-50 successor at the least..
Me too. In my mind, at least is needed a successor for K-50, one for K-500, and an FF. And at least 2-3 K mount lenses. If not all at Photokina, but in a rapid succession, until December. But who knows?
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #353
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
A public whipping at the very least!

08-02-2014, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #354
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
From the site that brought us the K-1, one April the First not so very long ago?
08-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #355

Me too. In my mind, at least is needed a successor for K-50, one for K-500, and an FF. And at least 2-3 K mount lenses. If not all at Photokina, but in a rapid succession, until December
In my opinion after Photokina Pentax will slowly start to build the range of FF glasses and finally then he will introduce the FF body.
08-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #356
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
In my opinion after Photokina Pentax will slowly start to build the range of FF glasses and finally then he will introduce the FF body.
This I can understand. Maybe Ricoh wants to avoid releasing a camera that would become outdated technically before it was practical for very many to buy it due to lack of lenses. Of course there are FA and D-FA lenses available today but it's not a big lineup. No zooms, either, I think.
08-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #357
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
This I can understand. Maybe Ricoh wants to avoid releasing a camera that would become outdated technically before it was practical for very many to buy it due to lack of lenses. Of course there are FA and D-FA lenses available today but it's not a big lineup. No zooms, either, I think.
Sony has launched his A7 series with very few dedicated lenses for it, but it has success. In this moment, I thing that Pentax has more lenses suitable for FF, and there are some third party lenses also.
08-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #358
Loyal Site Supporter

Clearly, when Pentax thinks they are ready to launch a FF they will launch a FF, and not before. There must be something we don't understand - MAYBE

• other ideas seem more likely to succeed;
  • Pentax doesn't want to release just a camera and the 'System' things aren't ready;
  • they actually don't have the technology (not likely);
  • their estimation of their potential market is smaller than the cost-effective order minimum for FF Sony sensors
  • Japan-centric market is prohibitive (probably some credence to that)
  • production constraints (maybe for lenses - some credence to that, too)
  • K-mount backward compatibility
    • I think I would actually laugh if 'Enable Aperture RIng' was not in the Menu on the FF
  • ???????

Whatever it is, something legitimate is holding them back.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-02-2014 at 06:33 PM.
08-02-2014, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #359
Pentaxian

I will believe that Pentax will not launch a FF camera at Photokina, after Photokina will end. The rest are just rumors.

That doesn't mean that I believe strongly that they will do it. I'm just sick and tired of all that rumors and speculations..

Last edited by JimmyDranox; 08-02-2014 at 05:42 PM.
08-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #360
Pentaxian

Sony has launched his A7 series with very few dedicated lenses for it, but it has success. In this moment, I thing that Pentax has more lenses suitable for FF, and there are some third party lenses also.
Yes... few dedicated lenses but many adaptable lenses. There are plenty of stories of people putting the FA Ltds on the A7.