Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2014, 12:43 PM - 2 Likes   #406
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Such a cop out response...
PRIC hasn't given the consumers what they want and hence the mid-single digit marketshare.

Instead of a exaggerating with your unrealistic zoom, how about mentioning the modern primes and zooms that people have been requesting for years which are useful and reasonable?
I was simply making a point that no matter what Ricoh releases people here will complain about it. Sorry if you can't recognize sarcasm. Back into the ignore list...

08-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #407
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I was simply making a point that no matter what Ricoh releases people here will complain about it. Sorry if you can't recognize sarcasm. Back into the ignore list...
Sorry if you don't know the definition of sarcasm.
Maybe if you left people off your ignore list, they could possibly learn teach you the definition of a word or two,
08-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #408
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you mean "people" or "some people"? More important, the "people will complain" line is not a legitimate excuse to negate criticism of Ricoh if it's really justified.
08-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #409
Site Supporter

Meanwhile, Ricoh's already announced the new Q and 645 lens, so that certainly won't be the Photokina news. Let's hope they have something up their sleeve, because a "cosmetic refresh" of the Q7 isn't exactly making my top 10 most exciting camera news for 2014...

08-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #410
Pentaxian

There are 42 days until the opening of Photokina, and a lot of rumors about new products from different manufacturers are already circulating. It's the usual preparation for this big event. And I think that Pentax is making his own, in his style, first with some leaks, than, after few days, announcing the products. No long term leaks or rumors, long before the announcement.

As last week we had two leaks, and now the official confirmation, I hope that in the next 6 weeks we will have 6 or more announcements (dreaming, 6new lenses and 6 new cameras)
08-04-2014, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #411
Site Supporter

People here would be unhappy if they released a 12-1200mm F/1

Only 100X? And why isn't it F/.95
Such a cop out response...
PRIC hasn't given the consumers what they want and hence the mid-single digit marketshare.

Instead of a exaggerating with your unrealistic zoom, how about mentioning the modern primes and zooms that people have been requesting for years which are useful and reasonable?
Sorry if you don't know the definition of sarcasm.
Maybe if you left people off your ignore list, they could possibly learn teach you the definition of a word or two,
I think I get boriscleto's point. There seems to be a tendency on these forums to have largely negative responses to whatever Rikoh does with their Pentax brand. I suppose, many of us feel that we've been part of the Pentax family a lot longer than Rikoh has been. We're the kids from the previous marriages and we don't particularly care for mom's new husband, even though he's a hell of a lot better off (financially) than the previous two partners. So, when dad Rikoh whips out his wallet and says, who would like a new bike, kids? many of us start to bitch about the colour, the number of gears, the size of the wheels, etc, before we've even taken a ride.

Let's try to keep the personal insults to a minimum at least?
08-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #412
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I think I get boriscleto's point. There seems to be a tendency on these forums to have largely negative responses to whatever Rikoh does with their Pentax brand. I suppose, many of us feel that we've been part of the Pentax family a lot longer than Rikoh has been. We're the kids from the previous marriages and we don't particularly care for mom's new husband, even though he's a hell of a lot better off (financially) than the previous two partners. So, when dad Rikoh whips out his wallet and says, who would like a new bike, kids? many of us start to bitch about the colour, the number of gears, the size of the wheels, etc, before we've even taken a ride.

Let's try to keep the personal insults to a minimum at least?
Except new daddy hasn't given us a new bike, he gives us the same bike the old daddy (hoya) gave us sanded down and painted a new color (Q series, Rebadged DA lenses with new coatings, K-50).
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #413
Site Supporter

Well, if the bike still gets us to where we want to go, what's the problem? Because other manufacturers are making newer and more exciting bikes? But they won't go any faster because it's still us that have to push the pedals. OK, the K-3 doesn't have built-in GPS or WiFi, but it has solutions for those who want them, and it takes great photographs. I have a D7100 and the K-3 beats it in almost every respect, including autofocus. So, we already have probably the best APS-C camera made today. I'm a little tired of the constant drone about FF. The only reason I bought an FF camera was for the 36 MP of the D800: I see no particular advantage in a 24 MP FF camera over the K-3. A little less DoF.... a stop more ISO - totally irrelevant to me and, I suspect, to most people who take photographs. In the 645z we have one of the finest picture-taking machines on the planet, and the Q7 has its own distinctive charm. If you really need what Pentax can't give you, then you have to look elsewhere. But I can't think of much else that I would wish for.

08-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #414
Site Supporter

My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

When will you be back?

I can't tell you that. It's classified.
08-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #415
Site Supporter

It's Lieutenant Hurwitz. Severe shell-shock. Thinks he's Ethel Merman.

[singing] You'll be swell, you'll be great. Gonna have the whole world on a plate. Startin' here, startin' now. Honey, everything's comin' up roses...

War is hell.
08-04-2014, 11:50 PM - 1 Like   #416
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

asahi man wrote:

"The Pentax fullframe Body is not to see @ Photokina this year.

Maybe any informations,but we will see no body.

The next lens should be not a 2,8 70-200.

It is the telezomm till 4xxmm.

What we see this year is the new Q and maybe lenses for aps-c and ff.

The converter production got a power up now,because there are still much more orders than production numbers

Cheers."
Hmmm, so we can scrub 'new Q' or 645 zoom lens off the list of possible Photokina announcements.

Running out of options for new announcements....
08-05-2014, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #417
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Hmmm, so we can scrub 'new Q' or 645 zoom lens off the list of possible Photokina announcements.

Running out of options for new announcements....
there's still the 1xx-4xx telezoom tho if that's all they have for Photokina this year that would be a bit lackluster.
08-05-2014, 12:36 AM   #418
Pentaxian

I was simply making a point that no matter what Ricoh releases people here will complain about it.
You mean, like they're doing right now? But I'm sure that having the only medium format stabilized wide angle zoom or making money out of the Q are really justified criticism!
Wait, that was so yesterlast hour. Now we're complaining about Photokina!
08-05-2014, 12:39 AM   #419
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You mean, like they're doing right now? But I'm sure that having the only medium format stabilized wide angle zoom or making money out of the Q are really justified criticism!
Wait, that was so yesterlast hour. Now we're complaining about Photokina!
It is not a criticism. Pentax has a good entree and some fancy expensive champagne for those who can afford it, but the main meal is rather too low on calories.
Nothing has changed in the menu in the last several years, that's all.
08-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #420
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Nothing has changed in the menu in the last several years, that's all.
What needs to change?