Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
a pentax dual wielder having beignets at cafe du monde
Wow. That could have been me, had it been 1996.

07-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's my new motto... "I only realize I'm getting old when I look in the mirror or use a DSLR". Lol, I can only hope that learning the K3 menu and Lightroom 5 and what a histogram is will keep my brain active and help stave off the Alzheimer's. And the K3 will deflect attention from my wrinkles and it will make anything I wear look better. My iPhone camera roll is more empty now, yay!
07-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
And the K3 will deflect attention from my wrinkles and it will make anything I wear look better.
The K-3 is guaranteed to make anyone look better! Are you tired of sad old D7100s and 7Ds? Get a Pentax and feel that spring in your step once more! Pentax - it may not make you look younger, but you'll feel it!
07-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #109
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
The K-3 is guaranteed to make anyone look better! Are you tired of sad old D7100s and 7Ds? Get a Pentax and feel that spring in your step once more! Pentax - it may not make you look younger, but you'll feel it!
I don't know about you guys but when I hold my camera I sort of turn into a beast with an itchy trigger finger and start taking pictures.

07-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #110
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I am Japanese and typically I only carry one camera. I have been to all three countries that you mentioned, and I just don't recall anyone carrying 3 DSLRs, let alone 3 P & S.

There must be something going on with Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans in Norway. Or that perhaps you stereotyped them, but then again in this day and age who would do such a thing anyway?

I have also noticed on this forum that there seem to be lots of non Asian folks with multiple camera bodies.

Wait, is there something wrong or funny about having multiple bodies??
I only go out with two. Now lenses otoh.....
07-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #111
Veteran Member

That's my new motto... "I only realize I'm getting old when I look in the mirror or use a DSLR". Lol, I can only hope that learning the K3 menu and Lightroom 5 and what a histogram is will keep my brain active and help stave off the Alzheimer's. And the K3 will deflect attention from my wrinkles and it will make anything I wear look better. My iPhone camera roll is more empty now, yay!
That's when you are "getting" old, but the real issue is that when you are "actually" old you keep forgetting
07-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I am Japanese and typically I only carry one camera. I have been to all three countries that you mentioned, and I just don't recall anyone carrying 3 DSLRs, let alone 3 P & S.

There must be something going on with Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans in Norway. Or that perhaps you stereotyped them, but then again in this day and age who would do such a thing anyway?

I have also noticed on this forum that there seem to be lots of non Asian folks with multiple camera bodies.

Wait, is there something wrong or funny about having multiple bodies??

I want all my equipment with me everywhere, it takes up half the kitchen table, the passenger front seat, the middle of the back seat, it's on me, in my purse, my bag for work, wish I had multiple camera bodies, drooling over the 645, want another K3, I would be multiple camera body person given the right situation, although age and weight and bum shoulder considered I would need a rolley bag or a pack mule because all of that would be heavy.

07-19-2014, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #113
Veteran Member

I want all my equipment with me everywhere, it takes up half the kitchen table, the passenger front seat, the middle of the back seat, it's on me, in my purse, my bag for work, wish I had multiple camera bodies, drooling over the 645, want another K3, I would be multiple camera body person given the right situation, although age and weight and bum shoulder considered I would need a rolley bag or a pack mule because all of that would be heavy.
For the first time ever, i used 2 cameras recently, K5 and K3, with 50-135 on one and the 17-70 on the other. Neck strap on one, shoulder/neck strap on the other. Used it for shooting a technical and dress rehearsals about a week apart. worked very well, no break to remove and install the other lens. Pics came out well and several were used on the web site, on the lobby wall of the theater and in the program. Some slight differences in controls, but still was less of a delay than changing out lenses. Wouldn't hesitate to do it that way again.
07-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Love using two bodies when under time pressure. I'll use the 24-85 on the D600 and the 8-16 or 70-200 on the K-5, works together beautifully.
07-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #115
mee
Veteran Member

Lightweights.. try carrying 3 camera bodies and 1 lens between them.
07-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #116
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I'm scratching my head as to what could be the purpose of that. Quick access to different film speeds? The MF crowd worked that out decades ago with interchangeable backs.

It was a joke... I suppose quite a bad one!
07-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I carry two lenses, two cameras, and one reversing ring, for macros of the other camera's film.
07-19-2014, 10:36 PM - 3 Likes   #118
Veteran Member

I generally carry one camera, but no lenses. You've heard of free lensing? Well, I've invented no-lensing. The resulting images tend to be a bit samey and boring, but one the other hand, I don't get any problems with autofocus issues and vignetting. Is it me, or is this thread getting silly?
07-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #119
Pentaxian

Fortunately no one was around to hear the burst of laughter that ensued after reading that.
07-20-2014, 04:36 AM   #120
Veteran Member

It was a joke... I suppose quite a bad one!
Actually, I enjoyed it.. It was a good one.