Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 114 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #331
Banned

Thanks, I was too lazy to copy / paste it myself.

08-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #332
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Not everything that is here today sprung up overnight.

Canikon built their current lineup piece by piece, year by year, camera model by camera model. Nikon was very slow to move away from APS-C and step into FF, Canon was equally slow about moving away from APS-H and into proper FF. Their current FF lineup was a slow evolution.

I believe there is room in the marketplace for Pentax to introduce a FF, and progressively develop their role in FF. Just like Nikon and Canon have done.
I agree. And FF is quite a 'niche.' This isn't quick AF sports niche or portability niche... but just a general purpose dFF in K mount. That is a huge gaping hole in the product lineup imo.
08-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #333
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
I want to point something.

Both rumors, about sales of 645z and about the postpone of Pentax FF seems to come from same kind of sources. Dealers. One of this rumors is, in my view, clearly false. Maybe, the second rumor, about the postpone of FF is also false. I don't know. But both rumors seems to serve the same purpose. Pushing up the sales of the existing cameras, 645z and K-3. At least this is my opinion.
It is possible.
Every 2 years rumours go crazy around September and I do warn everyone to take all notions with a handful of salt.

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 09:25 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
NOTE: As regards the production of the 645Z on another thread - Production plans DO change in response to market demand. Rumors that FF was temporarily pushed aside by 645Z may have some basis in fact.
There was never such a rumour Monochrome; it would presume the intimate knowledge of the FF to come, but there is nothing that even remotely confirms the FF. Not even Asahiman. All his rumours about the FF or announcements about 'immediate lend releases' in the last 12+ months or so were not accurate.

"Postponed FF because of 645Z" is just a wild speculation from those who believe Pentax engineers can't think and can't handle two things at a time.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-01-2014 at 06:49 PM.
08-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #334
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I do warn everyone to take all notions with a handful of salt.
thank you. I will bury this first rumor in a pile of salt then and keep looking out the window...

08-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #335
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Can be seen as a joke.
Probably.
But it's real.
It has similar size and almost the same weight as K-3.
We'll have to wait and see then....
08-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #336
Veteran Member

Now, talking not about rumors, but about leaks for this Photokina, something is obvious for me. We already have two leaks, (with almost no rumors before) about a lens for 645z and about Pentax Q-S1. But is too far ahead of Photokina. I remember well that rumors about K-3 starts to be consistent about 2 weeks before, and the leak came one week before official announcement. This makes me think that are more to come, and maybe the best will be the last.

So, we have to wait, (and hope).
08-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Copy / Paste again, just For the Record

asahi man wrote:

"The Pentax fullframe Body is not to see @ Photokina this year.

Maybe any informations,but we will see no body.

The next lens should be not a 2,8 70-200.

It is the telezomm till 4xxmm.

What we see this year is the new Q and maybe lenses for aps-c and ff.

The converter production got a power up now,because there are still much more orders than production numbers

Cheers."

NOTE: As regards the production of the 645Z on another thread - Production plans DO change in response to market demand. Rumors that FF was temporarily pushed aside by 645Z may have some basis in fact.
So.... Asahi man says there will be a "4xxmm telezomm"...... has anyone heard any other rumors about this new telezoom?

Bob

08-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #338
mee
Veteran Member

I'm confused.. wasn't the big rumor there WAS going to be a FF body announced at Photokina? Now, the rumor has turned 180 degrees to no FF body announced and just a couple of trinkets.. /facepalm.
08-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #339
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'm confused.. wasn't the big rumor there WAS going to be a FF body announced at Photokina? Now, the rumor has turned 180 degrees to no FF body announced and just a couple of trinkets.. /facepalm.
Rumors. Big, fat, slim, whispered, still rumors.
08-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #340
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
So.... Asahi man says there will be a "4xxmm telezomm"...... has anyone heard any other rumors about this new telezoom?

Bob
Yeah, it's been on the roadmap for a while - I'm holding out hope it'll have WR, DC, and a moderate constant aperture - like f/4.5; doubt it though - probably another consumer zoom that won't live up to the 55-300.
08-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #341
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Rumors. Big, fat, slim, whispered, still rumors.
I suppose no one here really knows.. that cares to speak publicly. :c )

I'd be somewhat shocked not to see a K-50 successor at the least..
08-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #342
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Bingo

Yes I just got one K-2 in perfect condition like that one on a picture but without a limited lens and with 2 very good lenses from K series: 55 f/1.8 and 35 f/2.
Yes it has gorgeous viewfinder (best I ever seen), amazing steel shutter and it's very heavy and bulky, build like a tank. It even has separate mirror lockup button!
Now I only have to find/create/adapt digital back and voila

Last edited by banep; 01-29-2015 at 04:15 AM.
08-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #343
Pentaxian

Congrats, but you should be banned for your (not so good) joke
08-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #344
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I suppose no one here really knows.. that cares to speak publicly. :c )

I'd be somewhat shocked not to see a K-50 successor at the least..
Me too. In my mind, at least is needed a successor for K-50, one for K-500, and an FF. And at least 2-3 K mount lenses. If not all at Photokina, but in a rapid succession, until December. But who knows?
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #345
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Congrats, but you should be banned for your (not so good) joke
A public whipping at the very least!