Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #421
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Perhaps we will see the telephoto zoom, the wide angle zoom and that wide angle to telezoom at photokina. Perhaps a lens for the Q system too and i would be surprised if they show the 80-160 for the 645.....
You forgot the K-S1, successor of the K-50, and the new kit zoom 18-55mm (18-70mm?) f/3.5-5.6 AL DC WR.

08-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #422

Photos: Gallery
I'm hoping they update the coatings for the FA Limiteds at the very least.
08-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #423
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well they do need a nice small dslr. I holded the Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (100D) and that is one nice little camera. I think that can even be smaller with some new technics inside. I looked at the Q7 and compared to the Panasonic GM1 that is even huge and has the smaller sensor. So shrinking a camera can stil be done and Pentax needs a new baby DSLR.
I agree. A chain store rep told me DSLR sales are falling but the little Canon holds its own almost exclusively because of its size.

I think the same could be said of the diminutive Pentax K-x which sold very well.

A compact DSLR would complement the Pentax lens line-up especially the DA Limiteds and the 20-40.
08-06-2014, 05:44 AM   #424
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I agree. A chain store rep told me DSLR sales are falling but the little Canon holds its own almost exclusively because of its size.

I think the same could be said of the diminutive Pentax K-x which sold very well.

A compact DSLR would complement the Pentax lens line-up especially the DA Limiteds and the 20-40.

I think the K-x had two major things that made the sales. It was for the time a real small dslr and it was the first offered in 100 colors and Japanese schoolgirls wer kirring like kittens around it.

Now it needs to be smaller and the colorthing is a little over it momentum.

08-06-2014, 05:44 AM   #425
Veteran Member

We could imagine a mirrorless K-02 ltd. Very small, full metal finis with very high quality electronic view finder and with a DA40 ltd in kit. In the end this would be mirrorless K3 with all features, and a way to use phase + contrast AF together and benefit of best of both world.
08-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #426
Veteran Member

If there is such a thing as "micro four thirds" which came from a "four thirds" mount then why not have a "micro K" mount then? It would certainly follow a me-too plan but it would be interesting.
08-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #427
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Presumably a new Pentax mirrorless would similarly jettison a lot of the legacy aspects of the K and adapt a whole new design.
I believe that is called the Q-mount.

08-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #428
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
If there is such a thing as "micro four thirds" which came from a "four thirds" mount then why not have a "micro K" mount then? It would certainly follow a me-too plan but it would be interesting.
It does not really matter what is the name of the mount, but if Ricoh choose to design a new mount optimized for large sensor mirrorless it will probably be lots of changes on it, just like it was from 4/3 to mft mount. it's not only the register distance that differ between 4/3 and mft mounts.
But the 4/3 mount had the advantage of being an all electronic interface, so it made it easier to design an adapter for 4/3 lenses on mft.

But the "micro K" is probably going to need more changes. Fi the mechanical linkage to control AF and aperture from the camera will probably be removed, and the electrical interface will most likely be updated and not be positioned on the mount surface like on the K-mount. The size of the mount will most likely be changed too. But these thing do not really matter anyway as there would not be much point in being able to mount a K-mount lens on "micro K", or vise versa. The adapter take care of that.
08-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #429
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
But the 4/3 mount had the advantage of being an all electronic interface, so it made it easier to design an adapter for 4/3 lenses on mft.

But the "micro K" is probably going to need more changes. Fi the mechanical linkage to control AF and aperture from the camera will probably be removed, and the electrical interface will most likely be updated and not be positioned on the mount surface like on the K-mount. The size of the mount will most likely be changed too. But these thing do not really matter anyway as there would not be much point in being able to mount a K-mount lens on "micro K", or vise versa. The adapter take care of that.
Well not being full electronic mount is one of the issues with the K-mount that probably does interfear with taking the route Sony and Olympus took That won't be so easy since when you loose function on old lenses there is no logical reason to go with the new mount when old lenses don't work. Olympus lost most of it's customers over the years they let go of the 4/3th dslr.
08-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #430
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I believe that is called the Q-mount.

Nah, the Q mount is "nano-K".
08-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #431
Veteran Member

Well not being full electronic mount is one of the issues with the K-mount that probably does interfear with taking the route Sony and Olympus took That won't be so easy since when you loose function on old lenses there is no logical reason to go with the new mount when old lenses don't work. Olympus lost most of it's customers over the years they let go of the 4/3th dslr.

it's easier than Sony's autofocus (i.e. translucent) E to A mount though, IMO.

The biggest problem is the mechanical aperture (also the reason Sigma gives for not making some lenses in K mount). So the adapter would cost $400 or $500.

Still worth it IMO for backwards compatibility.
08-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #432
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
it's easier than Sony's autofocus (i.e. translucent) E to A mount though, IMO.

The biggest problem is the mechanical aperture (also the reason Sigma gives for not making some lenses in K mount). So the adapter would cost $400 or $500.

Still worth it IMO for backwards compatibility.

Really zero chance that a lot of people would buy that adapter. Way to expensive.
08-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #433
Veteran Member

Really zero chance that a lot of people would buy that adapter. Way to expensive.

Depends. If this adapter is cheaper than replacing my lens collection then I would save up for it.
08-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #434
Pentaxian

Sony A-mount has the same mechanical linkage as K-mount have, and they have adapters that fully support A-mount lenses on E-mount.

The disadvantage is that the adapter get expensive as it need AF-motor and mechanical linkage for aperture.
Sony A-Mount to E-Mount Lens Adapter with Translucent LAEA4 B&H

But on the other hand a Sony A7 + fully supported A-mount adapter is cheaper than A99.
08-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #435
Veteran Member

Amazon.com : Sony LA-EA4 E-Mount to A-Mount Full-frame Adapter : Camera & Photo

Perhaps $500 was more than what is required, as Pentax wouldn't need a translucent mirror.

I'd rather buy a $400 adapter than purchase $5,000 in lenses.